Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The one thing that has been annoying me all week in the media is, the whole argument that Carlton are delaying trade period. That’s not Carlton’s problem, realistically the Saad deal is Carlton’s biggest fish, Austin’s obligation is to get the best deal possible and he has until 730pm tomorrow. It isn’t Carlton’s problem or concern if it means Essendon can’t get what they need to do their other deals. Austin has no obligation to go early then sit back so other things can happen. That’s Essendon’s concern

8 + future third for saad + future second or fanta compo pick. Not hard now stop lying
Its about time Carlton forgot about Dodo though.. i mean, bypass the bs negotiating of whats coming back etc.. Go and get a higher pick than 8 in a pick swap and get the currency we want as return for 8 and get the highest pick, like a 13 or whatever...

Yeah you’re probably right. Don’t actually like that tactic from us to be honest. If true, it’s quite disrespectful to Saad and the other party to agree to terms then renege. It’s the kind of stuff * would do.

As a matter of good practice, it’s better to just reject the terms put forward and wait for them to come up with something better.

Why would anyone take the media report as gospel?? This clearly reads as yet another story planted by * to change the narrative. If we have been insistent on a 2nd coming back, why would anyone believe we agreed to a 3rd???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 + future third for saad + future second or fanta compo pick. Not hard now stop lying

I understand why Essendon want to get the best deal for themselves but this is more than fair given he's out of contract. Basically values Saad at around Pick 13-15 depending on finishes positions next year. Which is spot on.

Now the headline has changed...It's obviously an Essendon spin piece.

It seemed to be the case from early on that Essendon were doing whatever they did to paint us in a negative and distractive light.

It doesn't take much then for those 'reporters' to add a little more juice onto things....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back