List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Not knocking it at all. However, I find the transformation of Brady Rawlings into a messiah-like figure quite amusing.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Something like:

He's not the messiah, he's just a naughty, naughty boy?

Totally backing in and loving our approach this year!

Stephenson - out of the blue! (and and awesome move) - media was a bit late sniffing this out
Brown - Melbourne happy to offload 31 and 33 for Brown (I bet they are. what a bargain) - Media has no clue how North has responded (or is looking to respond)
Higgins - NO. Geelong are taking the piss. What do we hear from our club - NO!
Lachie Young comes in for nothing (smart move)

Cards close to chest is paying off in spades. Media clowns have zero to go on but speculation. And they would speculate even if they had actual facts. WIN

Get Stephenson to North. Will Brodie now. 11th hour trade for peanuts that no-one will see coming. Fingers crossed.

GO YOU ROOBOYS. I'M UP AND ABOUT TODAY!

Was interested yest with George Hewitt name thrown about too 11th hour but nothing further appears at this stage

Totally backing in and loving our approach this year!

Stephenson - out of the blue! (and and awesome move) - media was a bit late sniffing this out
Brown - Melbourne happy to offload 31 and 33 for Brown (I bet they are. what a bargain) - Media has no clue how North has responded (or is looking to respond)
Higgins - NO. Geelong are taking the piss. What do we hear from our club - NO!
Lachie Young comes in for nothing (smart move)

Cards close to chest is paying off in spades. Media clowns have zero to go on but speculation. And they would speculate even if they had actual facts. WIN

Get Stephenson to North. Will Brodie now. 11th hour trade for peanuts that no-one will see coming. Fingers crossed.

GO YOU ROOBOYS. I'M UP AND ABOUT TODAY!

Was interested yest with George Hewitt name thrown about too 11th hour but nothing further appears at this stage

I just don't understand how Saad could possibly be worth a top ten pick. You only trade top 10 picks for proven A-Grade talent.

Yes, he is a line breaking half back but he is a poor defender and doesn't exactly accumulate the footy. I just don't understand how a club would even entertain a first round pick for an uncontracted B Grade level half back.

Not to mention the fact that you'd rather have the ball in Docherty or Newman's hands as they use the footy better.

A back line with Z.Williams, Saad, Newman and Docherty is going to concede a shitload of goals to small/medium sized forwards next year.

Yep, I don't get it either. I'd pay a mid-late pick in the 20s for him.

I think we need a "fair deal -off" between Geelong and *.

Geelong have made a late play for dynamic Essendon champion skipper Dyson Heppell.

Heppell won't come cheap with most industry sources rating his worth in the region of "14 first round selections".

Geelong cite that Dyson spent many summers at this friend's parents' holiday home in Fairhaven and desperately needs to train closer to it to feel "grounded" "earthed" and "mentally refreshed". Most industry sources say Geelong will need to part with a selection as low as 58 or a future fourth rounder to seal the deal.

<Cadet looks up "So does does this pump up and lowball everyone involved at the same time like you asked me?>

Bit of a scenario based on what's happened to date and what's reported as remaining:

Start with picks 2, 11, 28, 63, 71 & 81.

Done

1. Corr as a FA.

2. Pick 63 for Young and pick 70.

Reported

3. Higgins and pick 28 to Geelong for picks 20 & 38. (Hopefully GWS don't stuff this up for us.)

4. Brown to Melbourne for picks 26 & 33.

5. 2021 3rd pick to Collingwood for Stephenson. (Haven't seen any actual reports on what we would give up, so this is what I like.)

6. Picks 26, 33 & 38 to Bulldogs for picks 14 & 54 and 2021 4th pick. (Again haven't seen any actual reports on picks, so have just done this example. This one is a Bulldogs gain of 376 points on 2020 picks (plus a guarantee we won't bid on JUH, which is worth 227 points to them). But that is offset by their 2021 4th pick.)

And one more because I can't help myself

7. Picks 70 & 71 to Fremantle for their 2021 4th pick. We probably won't need these picks and looks like Freo could still do with some extra points for academy players that are likely to be bid on in the 20s and 30s (noting that by the time those bids come, picks 70 & 71 will probably be at about 60 & 61 and therefore actually worth something).

End with picks 2, 11, 14, 20, 54 & 81.

Out

Main list - Ahern, Brown, Crocker, Daw, Durdin, Higgins, Jacobs, Macmillan, Pittard, Williams & Wood.

Rookie list - Hosie & Murphy.

In

FA & Trades - Corr, Stephenson & Young.

Draft - Picks 3 (Hollands), 14 (Cox), 19 (Carroll), 26 (Neale) & 45 (Winder).

DFA / PSD - Take another delisted free agent after the draft, whether that be a mature body or someone like Riordan with some upside. Could also use pick 81, which would probably be a pick in the 50s at the draft, if one of the (35?) players we rate is still available. Or better yet we might get lucky with a player like Caldwell moseying on over to the PSD and we snaffle him.

Rookie list - Picks 2 & 20.

The above is based on a primary list reduction of two.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Ralph with a nice article painting a bright future for North.
Alright alright alright!
Read the context of the article. Yes it gives us a nice little wrap but at the same time he is trying to push the narrative that we are trying to lure him, instead of the angle of Collingwood forcing him out.

The article makes out we are driving this and not Collingwood. The question I have is that if he was the young gun Collingwood wouldn’t even be fielding calls, regardless of the salary.

Trade Radio delivering the analysis I keep coming back for

DE STOOP: Ruckmen are valued differently as the premier ruckmen around the competition aren't winning flags
GODDARD: Yeh [long pause] and teams that are winning flags don't have the premier ruckmen of the competition

Jye Caldwell is a decent chance to slip through to the draft thanks to the Dodo's inability to do a trade. Nabbing him in either Draft from under Essendon's nose would probably be my trade week highlight of my AFL supporting career.

okay I think I know what Brady is planning

start with 2, 11, 28, 63 and 71 Brown and Higgins

in Young and 70 out 63
in Stephenson out 28
in 26 31 and 33 out Brown.
in 13 an 38 out Higgins and 31 (fu*kem they should have dealt before we got this pick)
in Braves 2021 second-rounder out 38, 70, 71 (606 points)

walk away with 2, 11, 13, 26, 33, Braves 2021 second-rounder and Stephenson

Gotto Love Brady

Stephenson is highly regarded at the pies, media and some footy circles. A lot of us can see he has talent and if you don’t, you need to keep a open mind to your predetermined opinion (blanket “he’s soft”) and also look at the big picture

big thing here is that he has met with us and only us. That looks great for our club that’s apparently in a “mess”

If he actually comes over it’s only going to get the ball rolling on our future trades and help us be a better destination club. We may never get to the heights of some clubs but at least we are going in the right way.

I’m so glad we’ve looked at him and we are actually taking advantage of the situation (pies salary dump) rather than not take the risk.

Plus, I think Collingwood supporters need to realise that we won’t need to give up much if Stephenson is part a of their salary dump. Unfortunately for them they don’t have much leverage and they desperately need him and other players off their books.

This is a great situation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back