List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Radio delivering the analysis I keep coming back for

DE STOOP: Ruckmen are valued differently as the premier ruckmen around the competition aren't winning flags
GODDARD: Yeh [long pause] and teams that are winning flags don't have the premier ruckmen of the competition
Julian de Stoop = The id Campaigner

Stephenson is highly regarded at the pies, media and some footy circles. A lot of us can see he has talent and if you don’t, you need to keep a open mind to your predetermined opinion (blanket “he’s soft”) and also look at the big picture

big thing here is that he has met with us and only us. That looks great for our club that’s apparently in a “mess”

If he actually comes over it’s only going to get the ball rolling on our future trades and help us be a better destination club. We may never get to the heights of some clubs but at least we are going in the right way.

I’m so glad we’ve looked at him and we are actually taking advantage of the situation (pies salary dump) rather than not take the risk.

Plus, I think Collingwood supporters need to realise that we won’t need to give up much if Stephenson is part a of their salary dump. Unfortunately for them they don’t have much leverage and they desperately need him and other players off their books.

This is a great situation!

It really is a win/win whichever way you look at it.

Gotta put it into context though. GWS likely ends up with four first rounders so they can afford to waste that pick to fill a need.
Yeah I get that.

Still a joke.

We gave Preuss and a pick for Tyson. Preuss signed a contract worth over 1.5mil! That was a joke. I think the pick we gave up was to our benefit but I can't remember why, possibly cos it saved us draft points for TT and Bailey. So that trade wasn't totally s**t.

But now he goes to GWS for a lower pick than Flynn Perez and Melbourne think that is all we will want for Ben Brown? Because the comp is so rigged that GWS basically turn their nose up at picks in the low thirties!!! That is also a joke.

Melbourne seriously thinking they can give us what is effectively Dom Tyson for Brown and pick whatever it was, sixty two I think.

I guess you've got to admire their front.

Time to update your sig 'Toes:

"We hate Essendon!" - Michael Firrito 2016
"We hate Richmond!" – Jarrad Waite 2018
"We hate North Melbourne!" - Damien Barrett 2020

Your sig has the potential to seriously blow out if you start taking that tact.

I started a list to prove a point, but the list just kept going and going.....

Carlton and Essendon have agreed a deal for Adam Saad.
Aw-some.

I detest Carlton but they can just walk away already having pocketed Williams.

* now have a player who doesn't want to return. (karma don't get me on this)

"Sources this morning said the proposal was a fair deal for the gun linebreaker."

Yeh I bet * sources said as much.

DETEST! caught my eye. I feel the same way. Hate that club more than than any other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their collective board would have pooled their brain cell and mused for days over that scenario. Nuffies.

I think the brain pooling is multiplicative, not additive though. Therefore put two Collingwood fans together with half a brain each and collectively they have a quarter of a brain. The more that join, the worse it gets.

Alongside some natural progression in a lot of their younger players, Saad and Williams in the side probably the only thing keeping them out of the top 8.
I don't think they'll be complaining about paying a first to make finals next year.

Nakia Cockatoo has been traded to the Lions for a Future R3 Selection
Alongside some natural progression in a lot of their younger players, Saad and Williams in the side probably the only thing keeping them out of the top 8.
I don't think they'll be complaining about paying a first to make finals next year.

They are gambling on Williams being a full time midfielder though. It’s hardly a fait accompli

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They are gambling on Williams being a full time midfielder though. It’s hardly a fait accompli

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Williams played some decent mid games from what I remember. When a mix of whitfield, kelly and cog were injured.

My take on the Stephenson trade is that Collingwood have asked him to explore his options. He appears to want to stay at Collingwood with NMFC the only club he would alternatively entertain.

It leaves Brady/Luff with plenty of leverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back