News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

As long with the development visiting supporters can more seats to sit in but knowing Geelong visiting supporters will be giving an extra 100 seats somewhere and be made to a huge fee to sit in them like what goes on atm.
Well you have got another political party to bend over you.
But remember you will still play finals at the MCG and that’s something you can’t control.
hows your home ground working out for you?

If you'd like to shift... we'd happily take the money that goes to Etihad and you can call KP home too.
We're happy to share our facilities.

GO Catters

Spazz Cat

Jun 10, 2013
I've said it forever. Any idea of knocking down a stand to go over moorabool st is stupid. And a complete waste of money.
I'd vote against it.

The stadium is a waste of money as it is. It's a white elephant.
Get more events into it.

Ascetics of the aerial view should never come into it.

You guys are dreaming.
People are insane lol.
Sth Geelong is not far off Newtown value wise.
So kicking out up to 50 families out of their homes and aqquiring their properties, a huge concrete structure affecting another 100 + properties, many businesses (one is a servo that cannot be built on), closing a major road, diverting all that traffic into other streets, school zones, rail crossings and a station + much much more!
800 million at least. At least! + the heartache for residents and business owners.
So a ground that is used 9 times a year and is never full anyway can be slightly wider.
Can people please stop bringing this s**t idea up.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
As long with the development visiting supporters can more seats to sit in but knowing Geelong visiting supporters will be giving an extra 100 seats somewhere and be made to a huge fee to sit in them like what goes on atm.
Well you have got another political party to bend over you.
But remember you will still play finals at the MCG and that’s something you can’t control.
Can More ? Whats that mean ?

If the ground gets to 40,000 seats..opposition supporters will be able to have thousands of chances to purchase a seat..however my bet is thousands do not get off their bum and travel ..much like the fallacy of we only make finals due to our home ground advantage... there will be more seats available every single week than is taken up. Get back to us the first week when you are not able to purchase a seat in the first 40,000 sellout for Geelong and Tasmanian Kangaroos

As far as Gov money... you want to have a look in you own back yard, arden st ground that doesn't even have AFL standard games got gov help.

Can More ? Whats that mean ?

If the ground gets to 40,000 seats..opposition supporters will be able to have thousands of chances to purchase a seat..however my bet is thousands do not get off their bum and travel ..much like the fallacy of we only make finals due to our home ground advantage... there will be more seats available every single week than is taken up. Get back to us the first week when you are not able to purchase a seat in the first 40,000 sellout for Geelong and Tasmanian Kangaroos

As far as Gov money... you want to have a look in you own back yard, arden st ground that doesn't even have AFL standard games got gov help.
Vic govt does not want to sink $$ into a Tassy team.

Too soon?

GO Catters

Mr north man

Mar 12, 2016
People are insane lol.
Sth Geelong is not far off Newtown value wise.
So kicking out up to 50 families out of their homes and aqquiring their properties, a huge concrete structure affecting another 100 + properties, many businesses (one is a servo that cannot be built on), closing a major road, diverting all that traffic into other streets, school zones, rail crossings and a station + much much more!
800 million at least. At least! + the heartache for residents and business owners.
So a ground that is used 9 times a year and is never full anyway can be slightly wider.
Can people please stop bringing this sh*t idea up.
Put it this way rather spend $$$ on travel to Geelong then in Tasmania as long North get more coin out of it 😀

goyoucatters

Jan 31, 2008
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Put it this way rather spend $$$ on travel to Geelong then in Tasmania as long North get more coin out of it 😀

North had their golden moment for getting more coin. It was in the rivers of gold they were offered from the AFL to accept reality and relocate to the Gold Coast all those years ago. As it is now, they're going to end up being unceremoniously booted across Bass Strait with less than $10 in the bank.

At that stage, I imagine the cost for some 'overpriced' tickets at our ground to watch your club play in their former home state might be the very least of your worries.

Mr north man

Mar 12, 2016
North had their golden moment for getting more coin. It was in the rivers of gold they were offered from the AFL to accept reality and relocate to the Gold Coast all those years ago. As it is now, they're going to end up being unceremoniously booted across Bass Strait with less than $10 in the bank.

At that stage, I imagine the cost for some 'overpriced' tickets at our ground to watch your club play in their former home state might be the very least of your worries.
Mate if North accepted the offer the rest of clubs would have been jumping up and down including yours when it came to $$$ and players including your great retired champion Gary Ablett offered to a relocating club from Victoria.
But in saying that your club did offer and correct me if I’m wrong here to Western Bulldogs and North a chance to play at your ground but the AFL said no.
If the AFL changes it’s mind which I doubt I would like to see my club pick up a possibility of a $600k to 700k per relocated game as I think your club would make more out of it when you have a game there and if your ground goes to 40,000 I dare say your club would make well over a million 1+ for a home game.

Spazz Cat

Jun 10, 2013
Mate if North accepted the offer the rest of clubs would have been jumping up and down including yours when it came to $$$ and players including your great retired champion Gary Ablett offered to a relocating club from Victoria.
But in saying that your club did offer and correct me if I’m wrong here to Western Bulldogs and North a chance to play at your ground but the AFL said no.
If the AFL changes it’s mind which I doubt I would like to see my club pick up a possibility of a $600k to 700k per relocated game as I think your club would make more out of it when you have a game there and if your ground goes to 40,000 I dare say your club would make well over a million 1+ for a home game.
Don't think the AFL will let you do that.
Also would you really wanna drive down the highway?
Even I don't and I go for us! It's a pain in the arse.

goyoucatters

Jan 31, 2008

Gaz went north, anyway. Can't imagine it would have mattered at all to us whether it was for your club or the Suns. I think your claim that we would have been jumping up and down in relation to that prospect is almost certainly wrong.

But you're definitely right about the AFL not letting you come and play home games down at the Cattery. They'll be packing you off to Tasmania long before they contemplate that idea. Which makes it all the more baffling that your mob didn't take the tens of millions on offer to head to Queensland back in the day. Had the golden ticket in their grasp and just tossed it away.

Spazz Cat

Jun 10, 2013
Gaz went north, anyway. Can't imagine it would have mattered at all to us whether it was for your club or the Suns. I think your claim that we would have been jumping up and down in relation to that prospect is almost certainly wrong.

But you're definitely right about the AFL not letting you come and play home games down at the Cattery. They'll be packing you off to Tasmania long before they contemplate that idea. Which makes it all the more baffling that your mob didn't take the tens of millions on offer to head to Queensland back in the day. Had the golden ticket in their grasp and just tossed it away.
If it was us in their shoes I'd rather be shipped off to Tassie and be poor than to the GC and be rich.
At least Taz actually like footy and want a team. You'd still feel like a proper club.
Wouldn't stay rich at the Gold Coast for long anyway. Those 10's of millions would run out quick smart.

goyoucatters

Jan 31, 2008
If it was us in their shoes I'd rather be shipped off to Tassie and be poor than to the GC and be rich.
At least Taz actually like footy and want a team.
Wouldn't stay rich at the Gold Coast for long anyway.

Fair enough. I'd always prefer to make a choice for the future rather than having it thrust upon me. And all appearances are that the AFL aren't running out of patience with the money pit that is the Gold Coast anytime soon.

Also would have seen more success (like finals at some point, for example) if North had come up here instead. Which actually would have been the very thing to grow the game. Kids and prospective fans aren't getting on board with a team that is always nowhere by the time August rolls around.

Anyway, I'll be happy to see a team in Tassie. So I don't disagree with you there. Just think North will end up signing away more of their identity (and having less pull in the weights with the AFL) now that they're absolutely on their knees.

Timing is everything.

Spazz Cat

Jun 10, 2013
Fair enough. I'd always prefer to make a choice for the future rather than having it thrust upon me. And all appearances are that the AFL aren't running out of patience with the money pit that is the Gold Coast anytime soon.

Also would have seen more success (like finals at some point, for example) if North had come up here instead. Which actually would have been the very thing to grow the game. Kids and prospective fans aren't getting on board with a team that is always nowhere by the time August rolls around.

Anyway, I'll be happy to see a team in Tassie. So I don't disagree with you there. Just think North will end up signing away more of their identity (and having less pull in the weights with the AFL) now that they're absolutely on their knees.

Timing is everything.
Yeah. I never like to be too judgemental of povvo teams. It was us once.
Except for Melbourne! Just cause I don't know how the escape the scrutiny?
Who cares if they're called Melbourne?
No team in the Premier League called London.

goyoucatters

Jan 31, 2008
Yeah. I never like to be too judgemental of povvo teams. It was us once.
Except for Melbourne! Just cause I don't know how the escape the scrutiny?
Who cares if they're called Melbourne?
No team in the Premier League called London.

When posters turn up on our board to spuriously point out our supposed shortcomings, I'm generally relatively happy to point out the yawning chasms in their 'logic' and simply encourage them to take it elsewhere. Nothing more, nothing less.

Spazz Cat

Jun 10, 2013
When posters turn up on our board to spuriously point out our supposed shortcomings, I'm generally relatively happy to point out the yawning chasms in their 'logic' and simply encourage them to take it elsewhere. Nothing more, nothing less.
Yes. I did laugh at him worrying about there not being enough tickets for oppo fans when he goes for North.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Perhaps the critics follow teams that dont warrant a few more dollars to watch.

Jun 11, 2013
Devenport, and soon to leave from Geelong instead of Port Melbourne

So I'm just proving my own ignorance too. Still Davenport is alot closer to Launceston than Hobart so I'm going to give myself a pass. The leaving from Geelong thing is an interesting development though. Where will it dock?

JohnZ

Mar 10, 2016
So I'm just proving my own ignorance too. Still Davenport is alot closer to Launceston than Hobart so I'm going to give myself a pass. The leaving from Geelong thing is an interesting development though. Where will it dock?
Building something near North Geelong. Port of Melbourne was being a PITA and with the cruise ships they got greedy.

1605058435977.png

Jun 11, 2013
Building something near North Geelong. Port of Melbourne was being a PITA and with the cruise ships they got greedy.

View attachment 1008610

s**t horrible place to get off the boat from Tassie. Hopefully it leads to some significant improvements to how nice that whole area is.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
Mclaren Mercedes F1