AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
08 fogarty.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope to see a passage of play

Lachie Plowman from half back passes off to Lochie O'Brien who dishes it off to Lachie Fogarty for a goal

You are a Lach ness monster!

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Lincoln McCarthy played 27 games until the age of 25 and now seemingly doesn't miss for Brisbane.

Injuries don't always persist if you've got the right medical team around a player.

Bit of a free hit really. Plays in an area of need, gets Eddie's tutelage and wisdom for a year... Another weapon for the forwardline.

juzza316

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton Member

Lachie Plowman from half back passes off to Lochie O'Brien who dishes it off to Lachie Fogarty for a goal
Lets hope we see this and not being the third Lachie whipping boy!

Feb 17, 2006
Terror Lake
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Isotopes

Lach it in.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Don't see any real benefit comparing him to Smedts or Lang. Smedts' body was cooked by the time he came to Carlton, and he could no longer do the things he was renowned for: quick bursts of pace, jumping at high balls, creating with precision kicks around the goals. Was a shell of the player he was looking at becoming in his first few years at Geelong.

Lang was never much chop. Was propped up in a good team, but was always a flaky flanker who'd finish off the hard work of others. Not all first round draft picks are uber talented guns. Some look nice in their draft years, and Lang was also a Geelong Falcons player, who their recruiters love.

Lets give Fog the chance to make his own name at Carlton.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueShift

Senior List
Jun 7, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
As they say, third times a charm ;)

Good luck Lachie, hope you can overcome the injury troubles and we can get the best out of you in navy blue!

North Side

Senior List
Aug 29, 2011
Brunsburg
AFL Club
Carlton
Must admit i knew nothing about Fogarty, but after watching his highlights I'm pumped to have him!

Looks like such a natural talent who doesn't mind the hard stuff. Great get.

I liked him in his draft year. Small but apart from size he has no weaknesses as a midfielder. Don’t think he’s much of a small forward though. Will just about be the best kick at the club.

I didn't think he was such a great kick at all. Maybe I've forgotten.

180 isn't that small if you're tough. A couple of cms taller than Viney.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
I'm not sure I share the excitement on Fogarty. I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of him but based off his stats he's a low possession midfielder that doesn't kick many goals.

Could someone please tell me why I'm wrong?

Feb 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Welcome Lauchie
Hope I am wrong but doesn't fill me with excitement. Doesn't look like a natural goal kicker. Question marks as to his kicking consistency pre draft. Hopefully he has worked on it and is more than a defensive forward

Back