List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journeymen do have their uses though ... I see McKernan as a very solid "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" player - has close to 100 games, can kick a goal, is an accurate kick at goal (72.56 career), can pinch-hit in ruck, and can apparently play a little CHB if required.

Seems to me that he gives us viable options if we need to rest Winx, if our rucks or tall backs have an injury, or if we want to go super-tall in the forward line for some reason.

It's nice to have our star players, but I think McKernan is much better placed to cover an injury to them than Abbott was (much as his efforts were appreciated)

Not only better ruck cover than Abbott, but provides better forward cover than Marsh.

Johnno must be starting to get close to the edge of the bed with all this roll over. I love his physical profile I just wish he could find it more and use it better.

I reckon we should trade Lonie to Carlton now, with the bulldogs not interested. Curnow going down and eddie another year older -they need someone like Lonie. Pick 48 seems fair I think. Then we can bundle that in the Treloar deal or the Higgins deal to keep our fr intact this year.
I reckon this guy is on the money.

We are now at the point where trades need to be carefully chosen.
Yes there will be good players , but only go after them if we need them.

We have no developing tall forwards, though Battle can play tall forward..
Our only developing ruck is probably a longshot.
We have Clavarino and Marsh who can play in the backline but Clav is still unknown, and Marsh is limited, more a 3rd tall.
I think we are more likely to take a tall this year with our first pick than a midfielder.

hrmmmm take anything Pelchen ever said about anything with a huge slab of salt ... the guy has no problem exagerating and spinning half truths to make him come out as a guru ...
all i know is that from all that time we had Pelchen at our club there is not a single st kilda person that has anything positive to say about him, on the flip side of that people like Dal and BJ are still very much welcome at the club ... make of that what you will

senior management still had to tick off on every move pelchen made

club knew what he was doing. it wasn't like he was this rogue agent. they approved his strategy. they ticked off on the moves.

I reckon this guy is on the money.
Actually wait. Even better.

three way trade.

carlton get lonie
St kilda get higgins
Richmond get pick 38

after all a future second rounder will probably be around that mark anyway.

I would be moving on Dunstan. We know his output. Constable has not had a proper chance in that Geelong side considering the inside mids they have had over the last 4 years. Would be looking at him as a replacement for Dunstan.
Who's taking Dunstan though?

We would have already moved him if we could.

Constable would have exactly the same issues as at Geelong as he's be behind Crouch and Steele as inside mids with not a lot of pace. We wouldn't be playing all three so he'd be fighting with Bytel whenever there's an injury.

It's a good point, but I hope we haven't offered either a 4 year contract or a guarantee to play seniors though.

Think it is four for the contract. There is no guarantee to play seniors, just more opportunity to play seniors.

It's not like he hasn't been getting a game either, 43 games in his first 3 years is well above average.

True, but since his health issues, others have gone past him.

We love it when players land to us, but it would be pretty sh*t if we had players leaving regularly in the same manner.

If it happens it happens, to me it means we have incredible depth. If we have won a flag, I wouldn't be really bothered TBH

I'd keep Dunstan now TBH. Only reason to move him on would be to get cap space for Treloar.

Savage, Marsh and Hind probably all gone now.

Phillips 1 year on low wage.

Lonie 1 more year if no takers.

Hind to Essendon for a late pick.

Roll on 2021!

Who's taking Dunstan though?

We would have already moved him if we could.

Constable would have exactly the same issues as at Geelong as he's be behind Crouch and Steele as inside mids with not a lot of pace. We wouldn't be playing all three so he'd be fighting with Bytel whenever there's an injury.

If we cant offload Duntan then i would look at getting rid of Hind/Savage as they don't have a contract and I can't seem them playing at all.

Crouch has had injuries and hasn't played a full season in like 3 years. Steele is a lock but we need to pray that he plays all games. Hanners hasnt played a full season as well in years and is getting on in age and body. Ross isn't the player he once was and i'd be very surprised if he is a lock come half way through next year.

Bytel has played 2 games and has done ok. We need to be pushing for VFL flags and have a strong 2nd tier team as results have shown that there is a correlation between successful VFL sides and premiership teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we cant offload Duntan then i would look at getting rid of Hind/Savage as they don't have a contract and I can't seem them playing at all.

Crouch has had injuries and hasn't played a full season in like 3 years. Steele is a lock but we need to pray that he plays all games. Hanners hasnt played a full season as well in years and is getting on in age and body. Ross isn't the player he once was and i'd be very surprised if he is a lock come half way through next year.

Bytel has played 2 games and has done ok. We need to be pushing for VFL flags and have a strong 2nd tier team as results have shown that there is a correlation between successful VFL sides and premiership teams.

That is incorrect

1605062072161.png

Well i doubt Constable comes over to play in a VFL flag. He can do that at Geelong.

We need to recruit for needs, Constable doesn't fit that.

If Crouch breaks down then Dunstan or Bytel get a go.

We also need to be giving more midfield time to Clark who has much more potential than Constable.

Reading Tigers board it seems that Lonie will be involved in the Higgins trade with Dogs first rd pick in play.
So potentially

Saints give future 2nd and Lonie. Get Higgins
Richmond give Higgins and something. Get pick 14
Dogs give pick 14. Get Lonie and future 2nd.

And then a bunch of pick swaps in there to even it completely up?

Dont know if this really helps the dogs.

senior management still had to tick off on every move pelchen made

club knew what he was doing. it wasn't like he was this rogue agent. they approved his strategy. they ticked off on the moves.
yes but not based of good intel ... the senior managment unfortunatly fell into the trap of taking his "expert" advice.. they were blinded by the success of Hawthorn and how they "broke the mould" to build a successful team from a down period.. Pelchen sold the dream that his new inovative way of doing a rebuild was going to be the goods ... i know there were more than a few who questioned his practices at the time but there was also a school of thought that doing something very differant will produce a differant result for us and considering we had done things one way but fell short maybe this way was the step needed ... it wasnt until we started missing the milestones that we were meant to be hitting in the plan that we really realised that this "differant plan" was not getting us closer but taking us further away from the goal ...

it was a desperate move to try and bounce back quick but it turned out to be a big error that set us back a decade to repair ... so while Pelchen was not alone in screwing us over it as it was his plan and we employed him on good faith his plan would work i lump a big chunk of blame on him .. thats not saying the managment are without blame but im thankful that they saw through his snake oil plan before it put us even further behind

yes but not based of good intel ... the senior managment unfortunatly fell into the trap of taking his "expert" advice.. they were blinded by the success of Hawthorn and how they "broke the mould" to build a successful team from a down period.. Pelchen sold the dream that his new inovative way of doing a rebuild was going to be the goods ... i know there were more than a few who questioned his practices at the time but there was also a school of thought that doing something very differant will produce a differant result for us and considering we had done things one way but fell short maybe this way was the step needed ... it wasnt until we started missing the milestones that we were meant to be hitting in the plan that we really realised that this "differant plan" was not getting us closer but taking us further away from the goal ...

it was a desperate move to try and bounce back quick but it turned out to be a big error that set us back a decade to repair ... so while Pelchen was not alone in screwing us over it as it was his plan and we employed him on good faith his plan would work i lump a big chunk of blame on him .. thats not saying the managment are without blame but im thankful that they saw through his snake oil plan before it put us even further behind

i would say we were broken long after pelchen left and pelchen was just the symptom of a much larger problem. worth remembering we replaced pelchen with jamie cox, who was sacked not longer after for Lethers

things have appeared to get better since Lethers came in and really started pushing the football dept

So potentially

I thought the dogs didn't want Lonie?

So potentially

Yeah I can't see the dogs doing that. They could easily get Lonie without involving pick 14

I think we are more likely to take a tall this year with our first pick than a midfielder.
That'll do us no good. Whoever it is will potentially need to step up very quickly, too quickly.
Marshall can ruck on his own if need be and we can trade for a KPD or get a FA.

In his 4th season, we might like to see Claverino make the step, but I ain't holding me breath on that one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back