CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
08 fogarty.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of a free hit really. Plays in an area of need, gets Eddie's tutelage and wisdom for a year... Another weapon for the forwardline.

I think he's more of a Murphy replacement than a Betts protégée?

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Don't know much about him apart from the highlights reel. Seems to be skilled and quick which is good. Hope he is a competitor and isn't afraid of contact and by what's on youtube that looks the case. Seems a good tackler and pressure player. A young guy who has had a lot of injuries and struggled to break into this year's runners up so plenty of upside.

Not sure if he will be in our best 22. My guess is he will play forward and maybe some midfield. Possibly a similar type to Fisher with potential to replace one of our mids or half forwards?

Looks a promising young player.

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I didn't think he was such a great kick at all. Maybe I've forgotten.

180 isn't that small if you're tough. A couple of cms taller than Viney.
He’ll surprise everyone with how good his disposal is. Beautiful kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I'm not sure I share the excitement on Fogarty. I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of him but based off his stats he's a low possession midfielder that doesn't kick many goals.

Could someone please tell me why I'm wrong?

Similar to Fisher I guess. Doesn't get much of it, but impacts a fair bit when he does, and has really nice kicking skills (probably not as good as Fisher though). Clinical when he gets an opportunity up forward.

Still very young and should increase his output over a few years though. I imagine we'd ideally want him to develop more as a forward than a midfielder, to release Fisher and Martin further up field.

Seemed to get quick call ups when he was available at Geelong, so they must rate him a bit.

See how he goes I guess?

Big Delut

All Australian
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Inter, Cubs, Gli Azzurri
This looks like a good get. Downgrade of 3rd rounder and essential pay with a 4th. I think we can live with that.
My only concern is 'injury background' and why is Geelong letting a youngster go when they need young midfielders?
Hope we have made up some ground on the pick 8 loss here.

Downgrade of 2nd rounder and pay with a 3rd

All the Cats fans on the D&T board are saying the same thing, play him as a mid and not a forward. Hope we do the right thing.
Well hopefully, but we seemed to have a habit of playing Gibbo forward more than midfield so who knows...

But anyway, welcome Fog! Got a good feeling about ya.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back