Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

Remove this Banner Ad

Except Pickering isn't shopping him and neither is the club.

He's required. It'll get done. As it should.
Rama wasn’t shopping brown either but overrated his player - we won’t and shouldn’t budge on our offer and if Jed doesn’t come to the party then he can leave and find out the hard way like brown that no one will offer what he wants

Rama wasn’t shopping brown either but overrated his player - we won’t and shouldn’t budge on our offer and if Jed doesn’t come to the party then he can leave and find out the hard way like brown that no one will offer what he wants
No he didn't automatically go looking for a better deal, so you're right.

We also haven't told Jed to explore his options either by all reports. To me that also suggests he's required.

Pretty sure we aren't in the game of punting every player we want and the usual to and fro of negotiations will play out and we will reach an agreement.

I think the situations are vastly incomparable.

Brady Rawlings said at the start of the season that Jed will get a long contract if he performs this season.

By any measure he has so it's up to Brady to keep his word isn't it?
From what I have heard he wouldn't be the first signing to be given a bulls...t line.

From what I have heard he wouldn't be the first signing to be given a bulls...t line.
You reckon Rawlings is full of s**t?

I reckon Covid may have had a fair bit to do with altering the landscape. What may have been at the start of the year isn't necessarily what it is now.

I agree with Pykie, 2 years would really be a better contract at this point, but fair enough, if it takes a 3 year deal to get it done, we may agree to take that risk. But 4? 4 year deals are for the absolute top tier player, that frankly we don't have at the club, let alone Jed.
We just have away 5, does that make Corr super Elite?

I reckon if you set a target and it's reached, you honour your part of the bargain.
That's the problem with the AFLPA negotiations in a nutshell.

I think the club is planning for longer term ramifications than the "now", hence the impasse.

I have a suspicion Waussie isn't just talking about Jed.
No in these circumstances it's Jed, you either value a player or you don't. Sending out messages to the playing group yep work hard hit these marks and we'll look after you with security and a good contract, then trying to pull the rug out when negotiation begin never ends well.
Sometimes being a tough arse negotiators only ends up with you scoring a s**t reputation and nobody wanting to deal with you. IMO

You reckon Rawlings is full of sh*t?

I reckon Covid may have had a fair bit to do with altering the landscape. What may have been at the start of the year isn't necessarily what it is now.
In this case how?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not talking him down.

I'm being a realist.

Jed Anderson isn't worth a 4 year deal.

Why are you getting hung up on his game style? He's a good ordinary player that is a decent 4th or 5th midfield option, end of.
You said he was older than he is and claimed he was dropped multiple times last year. Neither is true and when you use that to justify a lower contract it is talking someone down.

I also think three with triggers is fair enough. If you're he is good enough you'll he'll get a fourth year, and potentially more (or a better offer from someone else,) as people have mentioned. I also think it's a deal that will happen after trade week. We will probably offer a front loaded contract so he can start making that money work for him outside of footy if he wants security, instead of four years, once we know where we are at after this trade rubbish ends.

That is why I don't see the need to sign him this week or have any angst over him not signing. If anything it suggests he is unlikely to go anywhere, there is enough other s**t the club and his management will be focusing on, and they'll sort out housekeeping - ie in house stuff after. Do you think anyone in our list management would be talking to Pickering re Jed when both groups have other immediate issues pressing for their attention?

I rate his game style for the same reason I like Braeden Campbell, Will Phillips and Kayne Turner. Manic attack on the man and ball has made our successful sides successful. We need players like him setting an example and showing our younger guys how to play hard footy.

No in these circumstances it's Jed, you either value a player or you don't. Sending out messages to the playing group yep work hard hit these marks and we'll look after you with security and a good contract, then trying to pull the rug out when negotiation begin never ends well.
Sometimes being a tough arse negotiators only ends up with you scoring a sh*t reputation and nobody wanting to deal with you. IMO
I agree but what part of a 3 year deal is unreasonable?

I reckon if you set a target and it's reached, you honour your part of the bargain.
In an ideal world.

But in a world where COVID happens and player spending gets slashed by the AFL, its understandable that the goalposts shift.

In an ideal world.

But in a world where COVID happens and player spending gets slashed by the AFL, its understandable that the goalposts shift.
If the club was struggling to meet the cap sure have the conversation, but their not. Not all life events are because of covid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back