Status
Not open for further replies.

g_TRAIN

Near a spoon
Jun 15, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
hey soz for intruding just thought id ask whats the go with Lonie it seemed we were all over him last week and guaranteed to sign him but thats just fallen away any news?

Not sure to be honest but if we get Higgins then I see him as surplus to our needs.

The question is does your club still want him? I think we would let him go for a 3rd round pick

If we turn a future 2nd and Hind into Higgins, we have done extremely well.

I don't agree, we are paying overs for him IMO. A future second should have been enough. I think Richmond were making us pay an embarrassment tax for Butler. Hind has had a couple of 3 goal bags and adds pace and excitement. Higgins will want to add more than what we are giving up for him. A second round pick is Bytel. In 2018 it could have got you players of Bobby Hill and Rowbotham quality.

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure to be honest but if we get Higgins then I see him as surplus to our needs.

The question is does your club still want him? I think we would let him go for a 3rd round pick
yea not sure i remember reading he had a tour of our facility on Friday

Johnnyrayflamingo

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I only quote you for the comic effect, that's what you are after isn't it? I thought I was in on the joke with you. Everyone else seems to be laughing at you.

Nothing odd pointing out that someone with a track record on info about the club posted Higgins was done at 12.30 this morning. 16 hours later you post the same thing.

We all know that this is a troll, you have done it at SS for years, now on to your 4th or 5th nic over there. Simon has you on notice. Because we treat you as a joke here the mods let you stay.

Hope that clears it up.

No idea what you are on about but whatever fuels your obsessive fueled conspiracy theories then good on you. Is SS something do with the Nazis? You lost me.

Funny how I get lots of private and public messages of support and q's about trades. I don't have to pass on anything I hear on here. There is much I don't also.

Jun 14, 2015
Oslo
AFL Club
St Kilda

We are taking the piss now
Maybe it is the romanticism of having the Frawley name back, but I don't hate the idea!

If he comes for close to base $$, and he is happy to play a number of weeks in the VFL, why not??

ZedNotZee

Debutant
Nov 4, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, SEM Phoenix, 'Gades

Do I think he would be best 22? No. Do I think we'd be better off looking for better depth options? Yes. Would I still cry if I saw a Frawley in the red, white and black again? You bet.

Maybe it is the romanticism of having the Frawley name back

But I don't hate the idea! If he comes for base $$ and is happy to play weeks in the VFL, why not??
Honestly I'd like that (the romance of having a Frawley back) but the guy is 32 years old and do we really need him?

Could mean Carlisle is not a done deal?
Some report came out the other day saying he had signed so not sure. Maybe we are worried about his back?

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I don't agree, we are paying overs for him IMO. A future second should have been enough. I think Richmond were making us pay an embarrassment tax for Butler. Hind has had a couple of 3 goal bags and adds pace and excitement. Higgins will want to add more than what we are giving up for him. A second round pick is Bytel. In 2018 it could have got you players of Bobby Hill and Rowbotham quality.
Turning a future 2nd - which I would back ourselves into that being a pick in the 30s - and Hind, who is nothing but a depth player and not even our best depth player in a position at that, into someone like Higgins is a huge win.

I think a future 2nd would be fair for Higgins but if the late pick we got for Hind gets that deal over the line, then we aren't losing much at all here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 14, 2015
Oslo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Honestly I'd like that (the romance of having a Frawley back) but the guy is 32 years old and do we really need him?
If Carlisles back is as stuffed as reported, yes.

My thoughts on Clav and Joyce as defenders are abundantly clear in my previous posts. If Battle plays forward, that just leaves Marsh as KPD depth. So IMO, yes.

Joyce then plays forward with McKernan at Sandy. Marsh and Frawley back. Just need to find an insurance ruckman for our list (unless Alabakis has improved out of sight in the hub).

Frawley has to be willing to only be injury cover. But if earning $100k for running around in the VFL appeals to him, I would absolutely do it

SaintJunior

All Australian
Mar 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
No idea what you are on about but whatever fuels your obsessive fueled conspiracy theories then good on you. Is SS something do with the Nazis? You lost me.

Funny how I get lots of private and public messages of support and q's about trades. I don't have to pass on anything I hear on here. There is much I don't also.
I am sorry but when you joined last trade period you carried on about the bullying
On Saintsational so don’t make out you have no idea what SS is.

So I will ask you a public question seen as you are and ITK.

If the Higgins deal has been agreed to what are the picks involved?

I hate it when tweets get posted - they always get blocked by my work. What's been said and is it anything to do with Higgins?

Mine isn't but I have blocked twitter regardless as don't use it, so every time I click on one it's accepting like 8 goddamn JS to even see words.

windows+Shift+S FFS people, windows print screen selection to clipboard, twitter without everyone needing twitter!

Jay Beast

Team Captain
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
I only quote you for the comic effect, that's what you are after isn't it? I thought I was in on the joke with you. Everyone else seems to be laughing at you.

Nothing odd pointing out that someone with a track record on info about the club posted Higgins was done at 12.30 this morning. 16 hours later you post the same thing.

We all know that this is a troll, you have done it at SS for years, now on to your 4th or 5th nic over there. Simon has you on notice. Because we treat you as a joke here the mods let you stay.

Hope that clears it up.
Joffa, if what you're saying is true then we're dealing with mental illness type territory.
Perhaps we should back off and ignore.

12Chill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

Rather a young developing KPD but they’ve probably exhausted all options on guys like Brander, Payne etc and it’s a no go this year.

Not sure how cooked Frawley is but if we have to manage Snake throughout next year if his back gives him trouble we could do worse then have Frawley as a stop gap for a year or two until we figure out if Clav is up to it or attempt to raid Freo/Bris again next year due to a surplus of talls.

He’d basically be McKernan level insurance but for the backline. If he’s on a cheap contract it’s not a bad option.

Johnnyrayflamingo

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am sorry but when you joined last trade period you carried on about the bullying

I'm not an ITK. Never said I was.

Hearing its a swap of future picks. 2nd or 3rd rounders.

They were chinese whispers so the details are a little muddled.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jumping the gun way too much here, but if we did bring Frawley in, I doubt it's to play in the twos. Given our reluctance to give Carlisle any more than a one year deal, and the fact that he didn't play for a few weeks this year, I could see them having Carlisle in mind as the depth option and Frawley in mind as a starting KPD.

hey soz for intruding just thought id ask whats the go with Lonie it seemed we were all over him last week and guaranteed to sign him but thats just fallen away any news?
Can go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back