Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why are we doing this. Slightly off topic rant here but I do not get our club. We opt to pass on Riccardi last draft when we needed a Key Forward and had an extra spot (If we didn't re-sign Dunn) so it was likely we still land Rantall, Bianco and Ruscoe alongside him.

Now onto this year. I think it was fair to ask the question to Treloar of trading him as his wife was moving to another state but why force him out very late when clubs couldn't prepare to sign him and he was adamant on staying. Same goes for Stephenson, why force a rising star out who has shown tremendous promise as a forward and who wants to be at the club and is young.

Why not instead, look at moving on De Goey, who mind you, wouldn't have wanted to stay at the club if he got the extra money from another club who is probably going to leave in 2 years anyway. Why not force out the bloke who has indecent assault charges against this name and has attitude issues for a future 1st as I'm sure one team would want him. Why not force a Mason Cox out? Why not try move on some older blokes like Thomas or Hoskin-Elliott and other older blokes on larger contracts. Or, even look at trying to move Beams with a first round pick to a team that could absorb his contract in a salary dump, like they do in the NBA. But instead we force someone out who actually wants to play for us.

As for trying to sign players. Why not try and steal Jeremy Cameron from Geelong as they don't want to pay him his fair worth. We could try swoop him like Sydney did with both Tippett and Franklin. Instead, we put our hand out for players like Neville Jetta and Lochie O'Brien. Both of which are not best 22, nor even close to it nor will they be.

Good work at ruining a premiership contender, Collingwood Football Department.
Yes it makes you wonder what the hell is going on down there, there are any number of players we could ask to leave so why ask one of our most promising young players to go.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pies should be able to trade 16 and their 2021/1 for something more juicy you'd imagine.
Yes.

Our 2021 1st for WBD's pick 14 is clearly a win-win. Probably we need a little sweetener since we're expected to decline, especially if we don't have Treloar/Stephenson.

We can then turn 14 and 16 into one of Essendon's picks most likely (which is not worth it for us, since the qualities are roughly the same, but our list managers aren't exactly bright).

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes it makes you wonder what the hell is going on down there, there are any number of players we could ask to leave so why ask one of our most promising young players to go.
I genuinely do not understand. On top of previously bad decisions such as Beams (I was personally happy o pay one firs rounder but not 2) and Grundy 7 years at 1 million (4 years would've been much more appropriate). We genuinely ruined one of the comps best lists. It stars at the top. Eddie needs to go and Bucks could follow if we don't start to play a more attractive brand of footy (Like how we did in 2018).

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes.

Our 2021 1st for WBD's pick 14 is clearly a win-win. Probably we need a little sweetener since we're expected to decline, especially if we don't have Treloar/Stephenson.

We can then turn 14 and 16 into one of Essendon's picks most likely (which is not worth it for us, since the qualities are roughly the same, but our list managers aren't exactly bright).
I think we might struggle to find the Value to match a bid for Daicos.

Lip Gallagher

Club Legend
Nov 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I genuinely do not understand. On top of previously bad decisions such as Beams (I was personally happy o pay one firs rounder but not 2) and Grundy 7 years at 1 million (4 years would've been much more appropriate). We genuinely ruined one of the comps best lists. It stars at the top. Eddie needs to go and Bucks could follow if we don't start to play a more attractive brand of footy (Like how we did in 2018).
Yeah i think it's time for Ed to move on, i'd give Bucks another season and if he doesn't make top 4 i'd move him on too.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think we might struggle to find the Value to match a bid for Daicos.
It's definitely gonna be an uphill battle to find the points, but still think it's easily achievable.

Assuming he gets a bid in the top 3, factoring in the 20% discount, we probably only need to find another mid 2nd to get enough points even without a first.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah i think it's time for Ed to move on, i'd give Bucks another season and if he doesn't make top 4 i'd move him on too.
I don't think ladder position is an issue. It is just about playing a good style of footy while getting the players to buy in. EVen if we miss the finals, if we stop handballing backwards and recapture some of what we have in 2018, I'll be happy.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Second rounder you beauty. Least your cap will be fixed pie nuffs.

Forward line of Stephenson Tarryn Thomas and Elijah Holland’s is going to be epic
Don’t Worry, not gonna happen.

we will either get another pick in addition to your 2nd, or we will get pick 11

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Forward line of Stephenson Tarryn Thomas and Elijah Holland’s is going to be epic

CtAiZb.gif

Hard to tell whether you are genuinely trolling Pies fans or you are deluded enough to believe that The Pies would settle for a 2nd round pick for their best/most proven young player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I believe Channel 10 are reporting this will be done, it is not just the poster trolling.....

Two Things - 1 Rob Waters is a nuffie, Victoria's version of Tim Hossage

2 - He said that won't be enough, Collingwood would want earlier pick(s)

Very happy to be proven wrong, but as I say, I wouldn't trust a bar of what Rob Waters says.

Should really help you make the most of your 12 inside 50s a game......

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Two Things - 1 Rob Waters is a nuffie, Victoria's version of Tim Hossage

2 - He said that won't be enough, Collingwood would want earlier pick(s)

Very happy to be proven wrong, but as I say, I wouldn't trust a bar of what Rob Waters says.

Sure, but the poster you criticised is not saying second round pick out of thin air to stir the Pies supporters.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
CtAiZb.gif

Hard to tell whether you are genuinely trolling Pies fans or you are deluded enough to believe that The Pies would settle for a 2nd round pick for their best/most proven young player.

Once again, you should be banned from these trade threads after being the only oppo supporter that believed crouch should get pick 2. You genuinely have NFI.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Should really help you make the most of your 12 inside 50s a game......

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

15th vs 9th in the stat.

You are saying that from a real position of strength.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Clear as day pies have major cap problems all depends who they lose to who they keep, but the longer it all goes on the worse picks pies will get

Remove this Banner Ad

Back