Recommitted Sam Menegola [re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Menegola has literally been underutilised for years until 2020.

I wanted Pies to nab him like last year when he wasn't even getting a game at Geelong.

Now it's a bit too late, approaching 29, and any multi-year offer on 500k+ (which he will easily be commanding) has really bad value since his prime is already reaching an end.
Nah.

And he will get a nice raise for services rendered in his next contract with Geelong.

Menegola has literally been underutilised for years until 2020.

I wanted Pies to nab him like last year when he wasn't even getting a game at Geelong.

Now it's a bit too late, approaching 29, and any multi-year offer on 500k+ (which he will easily be commanding) has really bad value since his prime is already reaching an end.
"Not even getting a game" was probably something to do with the serious knee injury which made him miss 10ish games

Last edited:
Nah.

And he will get a nice raise for services rendered in his next contract with Geelong.
I would like to think he does get that raise. But given he was late to senior football he won't have had a great deal of cash behind him. If an offer comes in that sets him up financially we probably owe it to him to entertain it

Essendon possibly chasing Menegola, 13 & 20. I assume they're going to be giving up 6, 7 and 8? ;)

Hard one to translate. Might well be us looking to split early picks with Geelong and land him. Also sounds a bit like a possible offer for Cameron, so maybe trying to set up some sort of three-way deal to get Cameron and Caldwell to their desired clubs.

Hard one to translate. Might well be us looking to split early picks with Geelong and land him. Also sounds a bit like a possible offer for Cameron, so maybe trying to set up some sort of three-way deal to get Cameron and Caldwell to their desired clubs.
More likely Dodoro doing us a favour putting pressure on gws.

Do essendon really want to give a 4 year deal on big money to a 28yo which is what it would take for him to go i think?

Do essendon really want to give a 4 year deal on big money to a 28yo which is what it would take for him to go i think?

No idea. Our list is young and we have plenty of cap space. If he’s in good shape physically, possibly. God knows we need to bring in as many solid citizens with successful club experience as possible. We’re also desperate for size in the midfield.

No idea. Our list is young and we have plenty of cap space. If he’s in good shape physically, possibly. God knows we need to bring in as many solid citizens with successful club experience as possible. We’re also desperate for size in the midfield.
Physically he has a bad run with injury in his early 20s but looks like he's fine now. Second best runner at the club behind Blitz

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be zero chance but it's unlikely. I think they could make do with a clark/Smith combo if they wanted

I think we would want a top 10 pick to do it this year (im not saying hes worth that i think its what it would take). Hes crucial to us so while i think we can cover him i doubt we want to in 2022. Similarly Sam knows he is a good shot at a flag this year-hed only go to another club now if he thinks they are a better shot next year or they offer him a big deal to see him through to retirement. I think a move under free agency next year is more likely.

Essendon possibly chasing Menegola, 13 & 20. I assume they're going to be giving up 6, 7 and 8? ;)
Essendon can only trade compo pick and blues pick. Will need to give something more as well. This would include the Cameron trade with pick 7 & 8 going gws way.

It's mindboggling to think about how idiotic Dodo is. Have you ever seen a team in professional sports post social media posts that expose trade/draft thinking....wait, not once, but twice in 3 years? There is one person who is the common denominator for that team being in the sewer during their tenure...

It's mindboggling to think about how idiotic Dodo is. Have you ever seen a team in professional sports post social media posts that expose trade/draft thinking....wait, not once, but twice in 3 years? There is one person who is the common denominator for that team being in the sewer during their tenure...
I actually think this was on purpose. Trying to get involved

Remove this Banner Ad

Back