Senior 8. Lachie Fogarty

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome! I hear the supporters have requested that he isn't given No. 16

I bloody hope so....hopefully he breaks the bloody Geelong injury curse!

Go well young fella, good wraps as a junior and was good in his debut year.......don’t get injured again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I share the excitement on Fogarty. I'll admit I haven't seen a lot of him but based off his stats he's a low possession midfielder that doesn't kick many goals.

Could someone please tell me why I'm wrong?
Strong debut year, played 17 odd games. Last two years have been ruined by injury. Basically has had one good year at it. I guess the upside is, it is not an ability issue, it is a keeping him on the park issue. Given he is only 21, more upside than most if Russell can get his body right. Rated highly at Geelong apparently. Time will Tell

High possession count this year for a forward, especially in a team that contended in a GF is good.

Anyone think stylistically there are shades of Bartel in how he plays?

If you had said to me last week we are chasing Lachie Fogarty, I would have said "who?"

Now he is a Blue, I'm wondering how we got him so cheap.

Seriously though he seems to fit the 'type' we are now specifically targeting i.e. a bit of pace, good defensively, good skills (he seems to have quick hands).

He is described as a small forward/midfielder, but his numbers at both NAB League & AFL level don't necessarily point to him being a prolific goalkicker at this stage of his career. Time is on his side & there is no-one better in the AFL to teach him the small forward craft than our own Eddie Betts.

Go well Lachie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong debut year, played 17 odd games. Last two years have been ruined by injury. Basically has had one good year at it. I guess the upside is, it is not an ability issue, it is a keeping him on the park issue. Given he is only 21, more upside than most if Russell can get his body right. Rated highly at Geelong apparently. Time will Tell
That could almost have been a write-up for Billy Smedts a few years ago

I assume the club is hoping he can play the role that was earmarked for Jack Graham when he was targeted

the perfect type of player to put some pressure on our other young guys - play hard or not at all :thumbsu:

Fogarty seems like the type we would have liked Polson to become; A terrier that has value across all lines.

I wonder when our interest in him began? Maybe an Agresta 'special'?

Smedts was cooked by the time we got him. 6 years of pretty serious injury. Not too many come back from 2 broken legs, shoulder reco's, busted collarbone. Fogerty only 21 and nothing major to date. Here's hoping its not a Smedts repeat.

Smedts was always more of a project than Fogarty - more athlete than footballer IMO.
Fogarty has greater instincts and intensity than either of our two more recent pickups from the Cats, I'm quite happy with this pickup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back