• Sydney Swans

Votes: 17 1.5%
  • West Coast Eagles

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you are since your post had no relevance to the topic. Don't be upset that your team is garbage, it's called equalization (and poor list management)

You'd better get Cameron because the more I think about it the more likely you'll finish last next year.

Richmond 5th favourite for the Wooden Spoon in the poll at the time of writing. Now that shows 'heart on sleeve' vitriol from some which is totally brilliant. We all need a nemesis who we love to hate, like the heel in professional wrestling. So it says in Austin 316.

It's likely North, unless they get a gifted coach to lift them a few rungs above 18th.

It'll be either Dons, Demons or Swans

Demons probably the smokey, won't take much for them to fall away

New coach at Nth will lift them up a few spots

Nope. Essendon generally stay in the dead zone of 8th to 12th, too good to get really good draft picks, not good enough to play in finals.

Unfortunately too true. Have only really had one crack at a true real blue-chip talent in McGrath, and before that Gumbleton. Parish at pick 5 the highest in between McGrath and Gumby, and even tho I love Darcy he clearly wasn’t a blue-chip prospect or player so far - one pick before Darcy was a blue-chipper in Oliver, and it’s not like we took Parish ahead of any elite prospect/player.

People thinking we’ll be anywhere close to the spoon are the people who let us live in their heads rent free (like Carlton fans have let us for my lifetime at least), similar to the thinking of Rimmer previously in this thread. It’ll be a similar side to the one who made finals in 2019 and were 4-1 in 2020 until hub-life and injuries took over and the players seemed to throw it in - didn’t help we were missing 8-12 of the best 22 most of the season. Daniher and Fantasia have barely played any footy since 2017, and even less of that being good footy, Saad is a big loss (did okay without him in 2017) but could be adding Dunkley, Caldwell, Wright, McDonald, and maybe a top-10 pick or two on top of all that. It’ll be another 8th to 12th year for sure unless good luck or injuries really take hold, and even then the ceiling is like 6th and floor 14th.

Not just saying this as a quick jab to the crows but it’s hard for me to go past the crows again for bottom or seeing any real improvement up the ladder for a number of reasons.

1 - Their late season resurgence also coincided with B Crouch returning to the side and playing well. He’s now gone

2 - They only have an ageing Talia as akey defender after loosing Hartigan. Yes Hartigan was average but offered some size back there. Now they only have their two draft picks from last year to cover the key back positions and will struggle simply due to size and strength.

3 - Other senior players are closer or over the cliff now. That being Talia, Crouch, Walker - leaving more holes

4 - Their youth outside of maybe Scholl and Hamill (both too early to tell as well) but the others are average

5 - Have lost more depth in Atkins. Who although average, was a regular selection and brought experience

6 - I’m sure they will pick up some gun future players this year with their draft picks, but trying to slot them in an expect immediate results doesn’t usually happen and can disrupt the team setup until they find their place. Unless they are the next Rowell.

Unless their is a large improvement from their youth (which I don’t see from what I’ve seen) I don’t see them getting above bottom 2.

Are the Kanga’s certainties for the spoon next year?... Can the Crows go back to back?... Perhaps Hawthorn is a smokie?...or maybe the bombers struggle to field a full team?
Crows showed enough in the last 4 games to prove they are on the up. i still think bottom 4 is a lock for the crows but North will get the spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon and kangaroos are nearly the same club bring in heaps of outside mids cos you think you're at 11 when you not at 7

Really? A lot of injuries this year... A LOT lol even big bud

Have a look at their players who'll actually be in their prime in 2021:

1605167728697.png
1605167755637.png

4 good-great players (Parker, Lloyd, Heeney, Papley), and a bunch of roles players.

Buddy will be 34 years old, and have played one game in 22 months by the start of next season. He can't be expected to carry the Swans, and barring some unforseen massive improvement (from the younger players) or winding back of the clock (for the older guys), I just don't think they've got the quality or the depth to win more than 5-6 games next year, which will put them right in spoon territory.

I think our stocks rose here

Back