Moore of the Same

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Leeds United
Finally started testing out some bronze/brass palettes on some crappy tac marines before I start on my primaris stuff. Doing them as Minotaurs (its the greek in me) and really want to get the colour on the armour just right before starting on my competitive pieces. Still waiting on my vallejo paint sets to arrive (that I ordered in June..) so I'm still working with limited colours, but im relatively happy with how it looks for a first try. Would love to get the colour a little warmer, but not necessarily gold so any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

• received_384903395886555.jpeg
    received_384903395886555.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 118
Just throw them on the pile.
The pile of "I'll get to it in the next 20 years"
I think I worked out one mini a day was 20-30 years based on my pile. I wasn't even considering collecting them up until a few years ago - thought they were a silly idea.

Moore of the Same

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
20201213_221739.jpg

After a bit of testing on some unfortunate tactical marines, I settled on a palette and I think its coming up alright. Base with warplock bronze, followed by a thorough dry brush with brass scorpion to give a gritty, worn bronze/brass feel. On the whole I'm relatively happy with the armour and relieved that the process is easy replicate (although I might go a shade towards gold with my special characters). I'd love to hear any feedback as well and advice on how to do the power sword :)

Next up, assault intercessors.

Moore of the Same

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
nice mate. what colours are you using?
You could try throwing a yellow or a red wash over the top to try and warm it up or even adjust your base coat to a brown under the metallic?

I've been building out some Custodes and just dry brushing and some washes, been pretty happy with it so far :)

Sorry I missed this! Those drafts were a combination of warplock bronze, then a layer balthazar gold with a hashut copper dry brush. But now I'm sticking with the warplock bronze and brass scorpion dry, looking at a shade for the recesses etc.

Sep 2, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Avs, Spurs, ManU, Raiders, BlueJays
Results? Xenos purged?

Also those Shipping containers look marvelous. That might be my go to soon, making some home-made throw together scenery. I'm sure the boys will appreciate it

If the marines didn't smoke the nids off the board with how op they are at the moment then something has gone seriously wrong

Jun 13, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
If the marines didn't smoke the nids off the board with how op they are at the moment then something has gone seriously wrong
Ha, no. I'm a very casual player.
We played one of the narrative missions, grand assualt I think, with no CP either side

I stuffed up majorly by having 4 terminator squads come in from deep strike but having the second turn, by turn two there was no good spots left in the board to actually deeps strike to. Plus my command squad did bugger all. So I basically had half my army completely useless the whole game.

Was good fun. We both really took out time in moves discussing with each other the pros and cons of each decision.

I agree the new rules really seem over the top. When I could get some shooting in it was ridiculous the amount of deaths caused.... And that was just the tactical marines!

Jun 13, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
So the mission was basically destroy an objective marker each turn by the Tyranids (5 turns).
As the defender (marines), I just had to stop him on one turn, which I didn't do.
I should have just setup my 20 terminators in the middle and had a big melee. It would have slowed his progress to the back objective markers

I was talking to the owner of my games shop and mentioned that, though I don't play any Warhammer stuff, I had been recommended Warcry and was interested, but the starter is hundreds of dollars on eBay.

He said he had two copies he couldn't get rid of for ages and had to drop the price to sell them. :(

I was talking to the owner of my games shop and mentioned that, though I don't play any Warhammer stuff, I had been recommended Warcry and was interested, but the starter is hundreds of dollars on eBay.

He said he had two copies he couldn't get rid of for ages and had to drop the price to sell them. :(

$280...

Sep 2, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Avs, Spurs, ManU, Raiders, BlueJays
Looks pretty good, if there's a failure it'd have to be in rules?
Or just poor marketing. I'd never heard of it

Games workshop stuff is expensive... that's 20% off rrp as well

Looks pretty good, if there's a failure it'd have to be in rules?
Or just poor marketing. I'd never heard of it

Yeah it isn't a massive game I got the original starter set have played 1 game

Jun 13, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
One of my circle of buddies got it and really enjoyed it.
That's the problem with these smaller games, even with GWs backing, it's hard to build a large network.

Like off the top of my head, Epic, necromunda, gorkamorka, battleship gothic, space Hulk aren't really played much

Kill Team has probably carved a niche because you use the same models and most of the same rules as 40k

If warcry had small bands of the old world, like brettoians, empire, orcs, golbins, etc, sign me up

Back