Toast Welcome to the Saints - JACK HIGGINS!

Remove this Banner Ad

George

Premium Platinum
St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2018 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 Reimagine Moorabbin
Aug 17, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phi Eagles & Phillies, Liverpool, PAO FC
Lets remember - he was touted as a top 10 pick in his draft year.

Grew up a St.Kilda supporter. Dream come true.

Higgins_a

Jack Higgins has traded in his sash for stripes after a deal was confirmed between St Kilda and Richmond Football Clubs earlier today.

The contracted Tiger joins the Saints along with pick No. 21 and Richmond's 2021 fourth-round selection.

In exchange, Richmond will receive pick No. 17 and the Saints' 2021 second-round selection.

Good luck to Higgo. I personally think you got another trade win. Might not hurt us too bad as other clubs but the perception of his injury might've played a part in his cost. He looked fine coming back this season.

He's more talented than Butler. Not as fast but can play midfield and rack up some possessions as well as opportunistic up forward . Will have a very similar trajectory to Jade Gresham IMO.

Good luck to Higgo. I personally think you got another trade win. Might not hurt us too bad as other clubs but the perception of his injury might've played a part in his cost. He looked fine coming back this season.

He's more talented than Butler. Not as fast but can play midfield and rack up some possessions as well as opportunistic up forward . Will have a very similar trajectory to Jade Gresham IMO.

I’d be surprised if his ceiling is as high as Gresham’s but I agree he’s in the same mould and it’s an absolute luxury to be able to have one in the forward line and one in the middle at all times if we choose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm very happy we got Jack ...I think he will be a major part of the St Kilda football club for many years to come.
Just read the guys wikipedia page to see the level of dedication he has to becoming the best footballer he can be.
He already has a sizeable list of achievements for such a young player.
I've read the recent articles and watched the latest video interview with him and I get the feeling that after his medical scare his priorities in life have changed somewhat.
I believe for Jack that being at St Kilda is living his boyhood dream and if he doesn't become a star at St Kilda it surely won't be for the lack of trying.
Good luck Higgo/Higgs (whatever his nick will be ) and welcome to the Saints.

I'm very happy we got Jack ...I think he will be a major part of the St Kilda football club for many years to come.
Just read the guys wikipedia page to see the level of dedication he has to becoming the best footballer he can be.
He already has a sizeable list of achievements for such a young player.
I've read the recent articles and watched the latest video interview with him and I get the feeling that after his medical scare his priorities in life have changed somewhat.
I believe for Jack that being at St Kilda is living his boyhood dream and if he doesn't become a star at St Kilda it surely won't be for the lack of trying.
Good luck Higgo/Higgs (whatever his nick will be ) and welcome to the Saints.
His priorities have never changed. It’s been afl footy from the age of 8.

His priorities have never changed. It’s been afl footy from the age of 8.
I was trying to say that its possible his priorities had changed on a more personal and emotional level after facing such a huge unknown when he went in for surgery... not just football.

After a new found review in the last few hours i can say this was not a throw.

I didn't think it was a throw at the time as he just flicked it up to himself for the bicycle kick.

Reminded me of the sort of freakish team lifting goals that Milney used to kick, I think he could play that sort of role for us as well as playing midfield.

Very pleased to add Jack to our team.

He’s an intelligent footballer. Forget about people who look at what he can’t do physically, his footy smarts will mean he’s one step ahead of others out on the field.

We need more pure footballers in our team that have a good footy brain and can make better decisions so it’s fantastic we’ve got another one running around for us now in Jack.

Now if you can just send Dusty over we’ll be set lol.
You can have Dusty after we win another flag or two😀.

on a serious note Higgins is a great pick and I’m glad he went to the Saints, even though I’m not for the trade myself and hoped he had stayed with us. have fun watching him play, he is a firecracker.

Higgins knows an opportunity when he sees one- he wants to spend the next 10 years playing alongside Max King!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back