Traded Jaidyn Stephenson [traded with Bosenavulagi and #39 to North for #26, #33 and 2021 R4]

Ouch - you just picked up 2 1st round picks in this years terrible draft!!!! You must be shattered.

Lucky Bris gets the joy of 2021 Dee death ride.
lol, I didn't see that coming. In last hour or two this trade period has been tipped on its absolute head

All of a sudden Norths moving on of Brown for unders in order to get Stephenson is looking really good. And with Melbourne trading in for 2 first round draft picks my knocking of this years draft is looking a tad silly

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Not really Buckley's fault, he's a coach not a list managers. Sounds like he is cleaning up somebody else's mess, he should of transfered the call along with Treloar.
Don't agree.

I reckon the good coaches, Hardwick, Hinkley, Simpson and others would've made a call.

You Cant tell me Buckley had no say in moving a contracted player out.

Really poor form IMO.

Jul 22, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Look up Brown's stats away from Colonial Stadium.

And then look up Melbourne's home ground.

:thumbsu:

I don't need stats to conclude that a multiple 60 goal key forward is a good bet to kick more goals than a flakey small the comp has worked out who did not reach above 1.7 in a brief purple patch and never will.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Don't agree.

I reckon the good coaches, Hardwick, Hinkley, Simpson and others would've made a call.

You Cant tell me Buckley had no say in moving a contracted player out.

Really poor form IMO.

What if Buckley is on a pre paid phone plan? Sometimes thats like 1.00 a minute. Hard to justify for FIGJAM when the topic of conversation isnt himself

Spursfan

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Feel also for Stephenson given his measured and honest interview where he was respectful to club and only shared how he felt.

Headlined as "Lets Rip" or Explosive interview. Nothing about how excited he was to join the young group at North Melbourne which is what he wanted to talk about.

Agree spoke really well I thought, he was as diplomatic as possible given the circumstances.

Well done North, I was hoping we would go for him I reckon he's a ripper.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Based on the timeline and what he just said in those interviews,

Fair chance he found out he was on the table with that Ned Guy interview to trade radio where he said he wasn't sure if he would be a Collingwood player next year.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
What if Buckley is on a pre paid phone plan? Sometimes thats like 1.00 a minute. Hard to justify for FIGJAM when the topic of conversation isnt himself

I am not imagining it being 1am, Scott Pendlebury is laying in bed, tired as hell, his phone in his hand as Buckley is for the 3rd straight hour talking about his playing career in agonising detail.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2.1 goals at the MCG, 2.6 at Docklands, consider that majority of his MCG games have come against sides that were in finals that year he played.
21 goals from 10 games, including 4.1 in a final five years ago.

In fairness, that final was a brilliant performance, my favourite Ben Brown memory.

But if we take away the outlier, he has kicked 17 goals in 9 games (1.9 per game) at the MCG.

Compare that with 173 goals in 66 games at Colonial. It isn't even a comparison.

Remove the outlier of 10 vs the Power and he is still at 163 from 65 games i.e. 2.5 goals per game at Colonial.

I think the Dees may have done themselves a mischief. Brown would be more suited to the Bulldogs or St Kilda.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
To be fair to Buckley it is probably a decision by the list managers (that he may not agree with) that he has been put on the spot to explain.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
buckley is part of the list management, and even if he wasnt he'd have been told why. if he couldnt give jaydyn an explanation thats probably even more negligent on his part.

also doesnt excuse that jaydyn had to call buckley. if buckley really cared about the players he'd have been on the phone to him the minute he found out.

Last edited:

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
You are sure the Crows won’t take him.

I think they will take Thilthorpe.

I'd happy slotting either in there tbh.

Thilthorpe is criminally underrated on BF.

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Agree spoke really well I thought, he was as diplomatic as possible given the circumstances.

Well done North, I was hoping we would go for him I reckon he's a ripper.

I think he is a great pickup. You cant lose the talent that allows you to have an impact at this level in your first year.

Hub life didnt suit him at all which he described well. No place to get away from the game which some players need.

If you get a Fagan Mark 2, then he might be the perfect person to refind that touch.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Jaidyn Stephenson should count this as a blessing

what a sh!t Show the pies have become , Place need a total clean out starting from the top

This is not eddy & bucks football club and the supporters / members should be asking for more transparency and accountability

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Have to wonder if the Pies players still want to play for Buckley after how shabbily he treated Stephenson and Trelor ?
The fact Stevo was willing to play for a club with no coach is proof of how toxic it has become at Collingwood..

And attempts by Geoff Walsh and the Pies hierarchy to character smear Stevo and Treloar after they have been traded is nothing short of pathetic and desperate actions of straw men.

Back