Past #15: Atu Bosenavulagi - drafted #77 '18 ND by CFC - traded to NM as part of Stepho/BBB deal - 8 NM games/1 NM goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Stephenson was all praise about his personality on sen. seems like a great lad and a good fit for us

Read somewhere he played junior 7s rugby for Australia. Says a few things to me, 1/ can tackle, 2/ fast, 3/ has a tank 4/ not afraid of the contest 5/ a quality individual

Atu Bosenavulagi = The bless you
welcome Atu; some Fiji toughness we have seen for years in the NRL

Meanwhile, 20-year-old Bosenavulagi will bring tackling pressure and power to the Roos’ line-up.

“Atu’s speed and power will be beneficial to us in the front half of the ground,” Luff said.

“He comes from a rugby background so he is tough at the ball and possesses great tackling pressure.

“We see a role for Atu in our forward line and believe his best footy is ahead of him.”

Meanwhile, 20-year-old Bosenavulagi will bring tackling pressure and power to the Roos’ line-up.

“Atu’s speed and power will be beneficial to us in the front half of the ground,” Luff said.

“He comes from a rugby background so he is tough at the ball and possesses great tackling pressure.

“We see a role for Atu in our forward line and believe his best footy is ahead of him.”

You'd bloody well hope so for a 20yo with 3 games under his belt! People have said he's a project player, but I'll say its great that he actually played a few games in a 2020 prelim finalist team when there was no VFL. More than can be said for a lot of our list cloggers over the years!

Super happy with this one.

Turner essentially missed the entire year, prior to that he was as big a whipping boy on here as anyone.

Mahoney isn't a nippy small forward.

There's a role and position for the taking if he continues to develop.

It probably enables us to concentrate on a few other positions on draft day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His nickname is R2.

Collingwood skipper Scott Pendlebury revealed this one due to the difficulty of pronouncing the rookie’s surname.

“He’s got a really long last name so no-one really ever goes to try to call him by his last name, so all he really gets called is ‘R2’,” Pendlebury said.

Future HoF’er (may as well aim high).

I remember his debut game and being impressed.

Seems like a humble quietly spoken happy young bloke and I welcome him to Hardon St.

Happy to jump on R2’s Millenium Falcon.

Give him the #50.

His nickname is R2.

Collingwood skipper Scott Pendlebury revealed this one due to the difficulty of pronouncing the rookie’s surname.

“He’s got a really long last name so no-one really ever goes to try to call him by his last name, so all he really gets called is ‘R2’,” Pendlebury said.
That’s the old Collingwood cultural sensitivity we’ve grown to love.

That’s the old Collingwood cultural sensitivity we’ve grown to love.
Heritier Lumumba says - hi!

Future HoF’er (may as well aim high).

I remember his debut game and being impressed.

Seems like a humble quietly spoken happy young bloke and I welcome him to Hardon St.

Happy to jump on R2’s Millenium Falcon.

Was that the Hawks game?

He is excellent with his hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back