Club Focus Collingwood 2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Collingwood club focus thread
Sorry I am a massive Bucks fan over the journey but that was a brain dead message for me. “His toughest day.....”. Are you
joking Bucks, you stuck the knife into our players. Don’t make it about you, get out and tell some truth to us members. Can’t believe how weak the club has been
I think he gets points for honesty at least, rather than trying to paint it as “refreshing” the list (with second round picks?)

I think he gets points for honesty at least, rather than trying to paint it as “refreshing” the list (with second round picks?)
I measly tweet. He is the coach and our clubs reputation is rightly being torn down by the pundits. We get Ned Guy who is a minnow trying to spin it and 1 weak message from Bucks. That message only
made it worse for me

Disaster for morale
Our best young talent gone for peanuts
Gun mid gone for half of pick 14
Solid depth gone for nothing
Club silent
Guy a fall guy
Members totally disrespected
Club now an anti destination site

Eddie and Bucks, who I have long supported, need to go

An obvious point that a lot of people have missed while slamming his public statements.

If Guy was the man who created this monumental * up he would have been sacked before trade period started and the new face sent in with a get out of jail free card and the ability to say he was solely focused on the hard job ahead. (May well still happen a few weeks down the road).

The way large organisations with a high public profile operate is very much like politics. Guy wasn't giving his own responses in those pressers. He was sent in with the lines he was given from above and instruction that he was to repeat them no matter what the question.

Pies fans need to keep demanding the answers to who and how. If you don't maintain the noise, they'll just keep on repeating this s**t until the press gets tired of reporting it.

Sorry I am a massive Bucks fan over the journey but that was a brain dead message for me. “His toughest day.....”. Are you
joking Bucks, you stuck the knife into our players. Don’t make it about you, get out and tell some truth to us members. Can’t believe how weak the club has been

Nope.

The CLub has wrapped Bucks up in a cocoon a safe distance from the carnage.

Did you say $1.6m? Carlton say hi with their 2 running half back flankers.

I'll see myself out.

As for what the Pies did, debacle. Ned Guy's spin is insulting to sane supporters. HOWEVER, if the players remaining aren't impacted by it, then there won't be too much residual impact.

Guy has been taking lessons from Eddie.
This whole period purely comes down to if the playing group is impacted by this. If it doesn't bother them, then not much will happen. If it has, then it will be bad.

Just say something truthful FFS Collingwood. We bleed for our club. So pissed
That's pretty much what I said on twitter this morning.

Supporters are quite willing to forgive (at least in my experience...) if the club owns their mistakes, apologises to their members and/or players and do what they can to make it right.

This whole period purely comes down to if the playing group is impacted by this. If it doesn't bother them, then not much will happen. If it has, then it will be bad.
Members mean something also. Treated abysmally while the club implodes. Never lost faith in the leadership before but have now. Many have. They have to fall on their swords, then some healing can start

Members mean something also. Treated abysmally while the club implodes. Never lost faith in the leadership before but have now. Many have. They have to fall on their swords, then some healing can start
I think Eddie has to go but for unrelated reasons. He constantly is being a hypocrite and tbh, I'm not sure how he survived the whole Adam Goodes thing like 7 years ago. Besides him, the rest (Bucks, Harvey, Sanderson, Guy) we get to see if they can pull us out of this position. If not, then in 1-2 years, they can go.

Things like this are not helping them rehabilitate their reputation.

Side by Side indeed.

Im a 23 year consecutive member.

I know my opinion means nothing, members are supporters and thats it. If you think that we deserve to have a bigger piece in the structure of the club - I can't help you.

If the playing group are happy with this decision (for what its worth, i think that these decisions are strongly linked to the desire of the playing group) then it should have minimal impact.

Young kids will get opportunities. We made a semi final this year without these two dont forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is it for me.
I am at a point where I will not give another cent to this club until changes are made.
Ned Guy must go!
Eddie, I love you mate but your time is coming to an end also. You have overseen this debacle, so the Buck stops with you.

Watching my son's heart break as his two favourite players get traded away (and for SFA) is enough.
For us to clear 2 Mil off the cap tells me, we are either a complete balls up of a club when it comes to planning, or we a chasing a big fish in 2021.
It better be the latter, though I doubt it.

You guys honestly are. If I were other clubs, I'd be coming at your fringe players like COllier-Dawkins, Ross or anyone who I think has poential but isn't playing enough.
Think that’s happening and we have lost a few fringe players over the last couple of years but nothing that has really hurt us going fwd. Higgins is probably the first one we wanted to keep and have lost but he’s still not a massive loss for us. The club has done a wonderful job like Hawthorn did of selling the vision of the club to the playing list.

I know my opinion means nothing, members are supporters and thats it. If you think that we deserve to have a bigger piece in the structure of the club - I can't help you.

If the playing group are happy with this decision (for what its worth, i think that these decisions are strongly linked to the desire of the playing group) then it should have minimal impact.

Young kids will get opportunities. We made a semi final this year without these two dont forget.

It is to the credit of most Pies supporters that they have chosen not to line up and obediently guzzle the Kool Aid like so many Essendon supporters did a few years ago.

Most.

I think Eddie has to go but for unrelated reasons. He constantly is being a hypocrite and tbh, I'm not sure how he survived the whole Adam Goodes thing like 7 years ago. Besides him, the rest (Bucks, Harvey, Sanderson, Guy) we get to see if they can pull us out of this position. If not, then in 1-2 years, they can go.
Eddie has to but Bucks also. He has had a lot of time, we are on the slide and need someone fresh. Love Bucks but this mess is on him as well. Times up, pay him out his year and get someone new. Voss? thjat would be ironic but maybe we need someone hard

Likewise I am 25 years plus my 3 boys 20 year plus. Have never felt this way before and usually I feel we are passive in how the club is run. Communication with members is still an issue. Club seems to believe we just get on with it. Can't believe this is anything other than a cap problem. I would be shocked if the players are a driver in this. FFS we gave Stevo a lucrative contract extension 9 months ago and now we sack him, Thats mismangement

GM Football speaking:

So...more lies from the Collingwood hierarchy. Sad to hear for their supporters.

I mean it's just ludicrous for him to say that their salary cap issues are overblown and that their main motivation was to get into this draft...based on their trading that is obviously a lie. They didn't even get a strong draft hand anyway from those quality players...and given the impact COVID has had on this draft year I don't think any club deep down would 'rate this draft really highly'...that's just something they say to project hope.

Geoff Walsh just tipped more kero on. All this crap about about strengthening out draft possie. We got 14, a future 2nd and a couple of lartes and gave up 39 plus the 4 players. A joke

Colling woods TPP payments must have been on the back of the spreadsheet we lost......

as much as Collingwood is full of *******s and I love seeing them suffer...

really feel for the supporters. Utterly inept management of a salary cap and pretty piss poor PR also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back