Status
Not open for further replies.

steelebottom22

Team Captain
May 2, 2016
Abbotsford lulie st
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its not a matter of moving them mate that everyone is upset and angry about.
Cant you see we got screwed in all 3 trades?
Treloar worse case scenario 14 on its own without giving anything away.
Stephenson 11 and Phillips 25 to 35, with Phillips we might as well delisted him.

I understand it could of been handled alot better but I think alot of teams could see what we could see with these players and didn't put there hat in my only issue is it should of been done a year earlier when these players had some currency but better late than never

wcv1475

Senior List
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
No here is why we will be top 4 in 2022 not next year.
Yes a lot of the youth will get game time in but now we have cleared a war chest by end of 2021 with a few more tweeks but hey look at the talent available we could shoot for end of next year.
Following players coming out of contract AND MAY BE CHASING A FLAG IF UNSUCCESFUL AT PRESENT CLUBS
Patrick Cripps Carlton 26
Zach Merrett Essendon 26
Josh Kelly GWS 25
Bomtempelli Bulldogs 26
Max Gawn Melbourne 29

imagine any 2 or 3 of these players at the pies PLUS NICK DAICOS
That is great, assuming you are correct and that is what we are aiming for. Are those player or more importantly the managers going to look at how we handled Treloar and say hmm maybe not they can't be trusted?

MagicGnome97

All Australian
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
of course its possible but we've taken several big steps backward after this trade period. even if we get top 4 we likely wont have enough anymore to properly challenge.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Geelong made the GF and added Jeremy Cameron

Lions made a prelim and added Daniher

We’ve punted 3 best 22 players for pretty much nothing. We’ve gone backwards in a big way.

It’ll be a very good effort if we finish 8th

ghostfacekillah

Debutant
Apr 11, 2009
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
How long does Treloar play for? How many Rising Stars make it? Was Phillips a one hit wonder?
renderTimingPixel.png

Ultimately trying to see the glass half full here... But a few possibly scenarios to look at it from a more posi angle.
Im a huge Treloar fan, arguably my fav Pie until this night. Wish him the best of the luck as he seems like a top guy too.
I do wonder at 28 in March - how long he will be able to perform at his best? Couple bad hamstring injuries are never good as you enter the twilight of your career. How many midfielders of his type excel past 30? Boak is AA at 32 but he is one of the most elite trainers out. I do wonder if his body holding up was a big factor here considering the money and length of contract. Ads looked like a future All Australian when he joined the pies but he hasn't quite reached those heights (nor a Copeland). He has been so good but this could be seen as a savvy move in a year or so from now.
Stevo was incredible in 2018 but lets look at the strike rate of Rising Star winners in the past decade - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_Rising_Star - half of these players went on to be third round trade outs. Stevo I think has huge upside and I think Pies seriously think something is going wrong to let him go for nothing.
Phillips - played out of position but I thought was lucky to be in the 22 this season. Everyone looked pretty good in 2018 but I think Phillips career could go either way.
At the end of 2019 I thought we are 100% going to have to move some players on in next years trade period. I thought it would be a Sier, Phillips or a Brown - not Ads and Stevo but perhaps the only way to keep De Goey, Moore, Daicos etc was to balance the books

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Lol. Utter bullshit post.

You nor I have no idea about Treloar’s hamstrings. Not one.

Phillips was best 22 and Rantall is not a winger...

Stephenson apparently can’t put on weight because he lost weight due to glandular 🥴

All your points are total shite

Jedi01

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2007
Tennant Creek
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not a bucks fan love Eddie but this is about list management and I think they made the right moves in moving on these players in a couple years time bookmark this it will all make sense
So good list management is re-signing players on long term deals at above market value, blowing your salary cap in the process and than trading them out at unders. Seems like a solid long term plan.

I know this trade period looks absolutely horrendous but keep an open mind here guys.
Treloar : hammy is questionable looks good for a about 10 15 games a season from here on end.
Phillips: please I think we won this trade pick 65 is great for someone who just runs also we got a potential superstar in rantall who can fill his role in the short term.
Stephenson: has been found out cannot put on weight on is most likely finished as a footballer.

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly
All of them to take big steps and fill the easy void of those 3 above plus we get reef and some other kid the club obviously have eyes in the draft .
Trust the system you can laugh at me all you want but we will be top 4 next year stop sooking you sideshows
Oh FFS we won the trade with Philips?

Yeah cos pick 65 is & always has been a $500k+ player.

Herp derp!

THATSGOLD

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 21, 2005
the G.. home of the pies!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
I know this trade period looks absolutely horrendous but keep an open mind here guys.
Treloar : hammy is questionable looks good for a about 10 15 games a season from here on end.
Phillips: please I think we won this trade pick 65 is great for someone who just runs also we got a potential superstar in rantall who can fill his role in the short term.
Stephenson: has been found out cannot put on weight on is most likely finished as a footballer.

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly
All of them to take big steps and fill the easy void of those 3 above plus we get reef and some other kid the club obviously have eyes in the draft .
Trust the system you can laugh at me all you want but we will be top 4 next year stop sooking you sideshows
Head of injury management team is that you?

chop_me

Club Legend
May 8, 2007
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Collingwood

Sier
T brown
C brown
Daicos
Rantall
Bianco
Kelly

I’m an optimistic guy but this is sooooo beyond me.

Sure it’s “possible” that Sier, T brown, C brown, Daicos, Rantall, Bianco, Kelly can all step up to lead us to top4....but beside Daicos, the suggestion seems to be nothing but blind faith.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sweeetleftfoot

All Australian
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
At the end of the day the club can trade who they want, what I have a problem with is the way we went about it. Constant lying and backstabbing with no word or insight from the club to the people who put millions into the club.

The fans deserve better than what we got same as the treatment of our players. Why would anyone wanna come to Collingwood now given the fanfare this trade period.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Does anyone else see the irony of so many people demanding honesty from the club, in a forum that has threads like this one? Its like a bunch of addicts sitting around a 10kg bag of heroine complaining about the lack of drug programs...

Oct 7, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
You do know the reason why so many are furious is not linked to what our potential ladder position is next season.

It's how we've treated Treloar and Stephenson and the perception the club has now created, how future Free Agent's and Trade Targets view us.

It's the price we've paid for Treloar and Stephenson and then getting absolutely shafted at the trade table.

It's watching our list manager stumble his way through interviews without delivering a morsel of truth for our fans to somehow wrap our heads around what has transpired.

Our club is broken from the top down, we've created this insulated world of Collingwood people that is almost cult like with a sprinkling of blind followers.

Eddie needs to go, Walsh needs to go, Ned needs to go, Buckley and his assistants need to go.

Until that happens, you will see a steady drop off of members. The fans have had enough, we are the stakeholders of the club and we have no confidence in those in power.

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Not a bucks fan love Eddie but this is about list management and I think they made the right moves in moving on these players in a couple years time bookmark this it will all make sense

So how do reckon team harmony is down at whatever branded oval it is these days? Be a great place to work, you might not want to believe it but both Treloar and Stevo would have mates at the club how do you reckon they feel. Would you feel loyal after what you saw done? The club is broken, without good morale you got nothing.

Linda_Lovelace

Cancelled
Jul 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I tire of this fallacy.

Explain how this guy's 'acceptance of mediocrity' impacts on the performance of the players and decisions of the club's leaders.

Please enlighten me.

Then regale us with an explanation of how your pessimism and finger-pointing are going to single-handedly guide us to the promised land

Mediocre people accept mediocre results. Pies aren't lead by winners, losers reset the bar to focus on other things such as roofs over the homeless, so proud of our our social causes. Muppets swallow it and ask for more and blindly follow. Club is a rank failure under McGuire, and after we butcher the list due to poor management we get this crap about unproven kids being the future.

Spare me the BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back