The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal.com have released their top 25 footballers on the planet and it's erm... interesting.

1. Robert Lewandowski
2. Kevin De Bruyne
3. Lionel Messi
4. Neymar
5. Cristiano Ronaldo
6. Kylian Mbappe
7. Virgil Van Dijk
8. Karim Benzema
9. Thomas Muller
10. Sadio Mane
11. Joshua Kimmich
12. Thiago Alcantara
13. Sergio Ramos
14. Trent Alexander Arnold
15. Romelu Lukaku
16. Serge Gnabry
17. Erling Haaland
18. Mo Salah
19. Ciro Immobile
20. Alphonso Davies
21. Manuel Neuer
22. Bruno Fernandes
23. Jordan Henderson
24. Jadon Sancho
25. Paulo Dybala

So my notes on this list...

No chance is their 17 footballers on the planet better than Mo. I'd have him top 7ish....

What is Alphonso Davies, Henderson, Fernandes, Sancho, Ramos and Neuer doing on this list?

Benzema at 8? WTF?

Messi not at No.1? WTF?

Neymar at 4? Really?

This list is all over the shop.

If they're talking about right now for form then yes I'm taking Lewandowski over Messi.

Macedonia also made it. 32 teams in the Euros is a farce with 55 member nations in UEFA (and probably 10-15 of those nations having crap national teams made up of part timers)
24 teams qualify my man

All staff employed by us have been paid the living wage for a few years now. All staff paid by contractors (except one) are paid the living wage.

All good and all, but I wonder why football clubs are being held up to a higher standard than other business.
But it's OK, they gave some food to charity that one time.

All staff employed by us have been paid the living wage for a few years now. All staff paid by contractors (except one) are paid the living wage.

All good and all, but I wonder why football clubs are being held up to a higher standard than other business.

The article seemed to be focussing on the Glazers and Man United I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find this baffling by Deschamps. Surely could have played Laporte with so many players rested and being a far better player than Zouma.

Any back story to this moomba ?

IMO the best CB combo for Les Bleus is Varane / Laporte.

So Lookman shouldn't feel bad about missing that penalty as Mitrovic just had his saved and Serbia miss the euros
Mitrovic didn’t do much wrong...in the corner, goalie moved early.

By football fans and football media?

Yeah exactly, obviously football fans are going to care more that their/a rival club is paying out their owners huge sums when their staff are being stiffed more than they are going to care about, say, Tesco, doing the same thing. The entire essence of being a football supporter is being part of a collective community and the supposed tribal bonds that come as a result of that. Imagine somebody being a "Tesco" supporter..

By football fans and football media?
I'm not sure the criticism in this instance comes just from football fans and media.

Just that a lot of businesses much bigger and more profitable than football clubs seem to escape a lot of the expectations placed on football clubs on how to act.

We saw it a lot back in March too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back