Prediction Who should we take with pick 2?

Who do you want at pick 2?

• Riley Thilthorpe

Votes: 16 6.6%
  • Elijah Hollands

Votes: 111 45.7%
  • Logan McDonald

Votes: 86 35.4%
  • Will Phillips

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Denver Grainger-Barras

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hollands or Phillips.

Not sold on Logan McDonald's ability to transition well enough to the AFL to justify pick 2. Smallish in comparison to contemporary KPF's who are as athletic (if not more) despite being taller and stronger, and not sure he has the athletic traits to play non-KPP. Played on second or third defenders at WAFL level.

Hollands looks like a high ceiling half forward/midfielder with size, athleticism and skill to be a top 5 player in the league. At worst the potential is there to be a top 5 players at a club.

Phillips is the safest bet of any player in the draft. Will play 200+ quality games injury permitting and will be a top 20 player in the league. More your under-appreciated, ball winning mid who will never get the public praise he deserves.

Thilthorp shouldn’t be written off. He’s a forward that can play ruck.

Just as much chance being a dominant KPF in my opinion as McDonald.

I reckon we should be getting our structure right before loading up on mids.

I think people should just forget Phillips, unless we downgrade our pick..

There's absolutely no way we are selecting him at #2. None.

I think realistically it's McDonald, Thilthorpe or Hollands.

DGB a 50-1 shot, so again, fairly irrelevant.

I think we will take a KPP, despite Hollands probably being the best player imo. There's barely a KPP in next years top 20 and this draft has been the first of it's kind in about 15 years with 4 top KPP prospects.

At this stage with the rumours I've heard of Adelaide and #1, Logan McDonald would be paying about $1.50 to be at North at this stage imo, barring a trade for a Kings ransom.

I'd probably have Hollands a $2.50 outsider.

Thilthorpe seems the favourite for the #1 pick atm. So I'd have him at $3.50.

My odds:

$1.50 - McDonald
$2.50 - Hollands
$3.50 - Thilthorpe
$50 - DGB
$100 - Phillips

Last edited:
As long as they pick whoever they deem best available.

I think McDonald goes at 1. Given Goldy still has a couple years left, I'd rather we draft a Ruckman with one of our picks in the 30's then take Thril. Leaving us with Hollands who hopefully will become the generational mid we hope he will.

If Adelaide take Thril - it's flip of the coin, we need both a gun KPF & a gun MID.

On my very limited exposure to McDonald's WAFL season, I agree with Swallow Wood above. McDonald just didn't look special, never mind AFL draft #2 special. If we pick him hopefully I am completely wrong and he goes on to be a champion 250 gamer, but with such a rare high pick, is finally snagging a 10 year marquee player that shits the rest of the comp to tears too much to ask? It's been a long time.

Trade it to Essendon for picks 7 and 8.

Go home factor too strong with McDonald. WCE and Freo will be on the phone to him the minute we call his name.

Go home factor too strong with McDonald. WCE and Freo will be on the phone to him the minute we call his name.
No I’d barely trade it for 6,7 and 8 straight swap - as 6-20 are fairly even whereas there is a clear top 5

I’d consider Trading it for GC pick 5 and 2021 first rounder though

Have you listened to any of the media he has done, or only the WA media?

Grew up a Collingwood supporter, family in SA, wants to play for any club that picks him.

Have you listened to any of the media he has done, or only the WA media?

Grew up a Collingwood supporter, family in SA, wants to play for any club that picks him.
Got into an argument with an old plodder on Facebook a few months ago who claimed to be his grandfather. He reckoned that Collingwood would do everything to make sure that he ended up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much did WCE pay for Kelly? We ask for that and then some.

I seriously hope we look to down grade it.

Hawks or Gold coast where we trade 2 out and get

4 or 5 + a 2021 first

WE maintain access to one of the big 5 but have less choice over who.

We would gain a potential top 10 or even 5 pick next year.

and whats more I am less inclined to believe the hype on McDonald. However lets use pre-draft hype to maximise return.

If 2 is really highly sought after, the more shrewd play here is to forego the shiniest thing and spread out the value of the pick.

If we can do a trade anything like what RobZombie has suggested we should be absolutely all over it.

I think people should just forget Phillips, unless we downgrade our pick..

There's absolutely no way we are selecting him at #2. None.

I think realistically it's McDonald, Thilthorpe or Hollands.

DGB a 50-1 shot, so again, fairly irrelevant.

I think we will take a KPP, despite Hollands probably being the best player imo. There's barely a KPP in next years top 20 and this draft has been the first of it's kind in about 15 years with 4 top KPP prospects.

At this stage with the rumours I've heard of Adelaide and #1, Logan McDonald would be paying about $1.50 to be at North at this stage imo, barring a trade for a Kings ransom.

I'd probably have Hollands a $2.50 outsider.

Thilthorpe seems the favourite for the #1 pick atm. So I'd have him at $3.50.

My odds:

$1.50 - McDonald
$2.50 - Hollands
$3.50 - Thilthorpe
$50 - DGB
$100 - Phillips

If McDonald is available at 2 then I expect's a King's ransom - indeed multiple of them - will be on offer to us and I think we will accept one of them.

Adelaide said the same thing about Rankine and Luko. They literally came out and said we will target them. Both have signed on with GC

I seriously hope we look to down grade it.

Hawks or Gold coast where we trade 2 out and get

4 or 5 + a 2021 first

WE maintain access to one of the big 5 but have less choice over who.

We would gain a potential top 10 or even 5 pick next year.

and whats more I am less inclined to believe the hype on McDonald. However lets use pre-draft hype to maximise return.

If 2 is really highly sought after, the more shrewd play here is to forego the shiniest thing and spread out the value of the pick.

If we can do a trade anything like what RobZombie has suggested we should be absolutely all over it.
This was Kingy's thoughts last night in the wrap up of Trade night.

Basicall said it would be "unlikely" that we would keep pick 2, and instead turn it into something like 4,5,6 and something in the mid teens.

Wouldn't be against it either.

Im rather embarrassed in admitting this, i hadnt looked at Thilthorp highlights before late last night. I thought most on here rated him around the 4-8 range, so didnt bother.

Goldie size with 3x times the skill. A deadset pack smasher, whats the endurance like?

This was Kingy's thoughts last night in the wrap up of Trade night.

Basicall said it would be "unlikely" that we would keep pick 2, and instead turn it into something like 4,5,6 and something in the mid teens.

Wouldn't be against it either.

Has to be a 2021 first + one of 4,5,6

Last edited:
As long as they pick whoever they deem best available.

I think McDonald goes at 1. Given Goldy still has a couple years left, I'd rather we draft a Ruckman with one of our picks in the 30's then take Thril. Leaving us with Hollands who hopefully will become the generational mid we hope he will.

If Adelaide take Thril - it's flip of the coin, we need both a gun KPF & a gun MID.

Dont forget we still have Xerri as back up in the meantime....

Thilthorp shouldn’t be written off. He’s a forward that can play ruck.

Just as much chance being a dominant KPF in my opinion as McDonald.

I reckon we should be getting our structure right before loading up on mids.

From highlights, id agree. He crushes the air out of the pill will many of those marks.

We're getting a gun no matter who we get, McDonald, Hollands or Thilthorp

Back