Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good for Tay Tay.

He actually looked fitter than ever when he made his way back into the side late in the year, rangy and strong, lean and hungry. The lockdown robbed the bloke of the constant care his hammies need, so it will be imperative that he gets back into the club as soon as possible to maintain conditioning.

He looked fit. Real strong upper body and got through his runs without issue.

Was great to see the commitment. Reckon he knows it's this year or it's over.

Absolutely. This year was an absolute lifeline to him given the other delistings - his ability to perform off almost no real match conditioning, age and skillset gave him a gift of a year but it won't come again. For mine he needs to be best 22 for 15+ games minimum next year to keep a spot.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolutely. This year was an absolute lifeline to him given the other delistings - his ability to perform off almost no real match conditioning, age and skillset gave him a gift of a year but it won't come again. For mine he needs to be best 22 for 15+ games minimum next year to keep a spot.
Which in itself is going to be tough given he plays in the position which is also played by most of our talented youth. He's definitely good enough and still young enough to be part of the future. I just hope his body gives him a chance to make the most of the opportunities that come his way in 2021.

Don’t understand the logic of re-signing him. He is clearly behind Zurhaar, Taylor, Mahoney and now Stephenson and he could break down again.
All in their first 3 or so years?
Good to have some tougher bodies and experience around too.
If I was a young player (which I’m definitely neither,) I’d stand taller if TG was out there too.

I reckon he might do a Robbie Tarrant and show that the faith in him is well justified.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah he was a player worth giving another year to compared to the others we let go. Would probably go top 10 B&F if he played a whole season and got his body/confidence up. Here’s hoping.

134772133_10158316795251843_5284275052456309626_o.jpg

Back