Player Watch #50: Ben Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney, brayshaw and oliver need to improve their kicking going inside 50 so that Ben Brown can thrive next year. Since brown isa confidence based performer it is important that he starts 2021 well so he doesn't have a repeat of 2020

Viney, brayshaw and oliver need to improve their kicking going inside 50 so that Ben Brown can thrive next year. Since brown isa confidence based performer it is important that he starts 2021 well so he doesn't have a repeat of 2020
No doubt but I think our poor forward 50 enteries is exaggerated he should be fine.

Bookmark it now. This acquisition will bring on the resurgence of Jake the 🐍 Melkshakes. He's either gonna be stuffing it down BBB's throat or firing 65m darts into the space created by BBB's leads where any number of smaller fwds will be waiting.

Now, if only he can get it 10-15 times a game in a little space around 70 out...

This trade excited me more than Lever and May. We haven't had a genuine forward target in a while, and Brown is legit. If our mids can tidy up the inside 50 entries, Brown could work really well with the Weid, Kosi and even Tmac if he can regain some form.

This trade excited me more than Lever and May. We haven't had a genuine forward target in a while, and Brown is legit. If our mids can tidy up the inside 50 entries, Brown could work really well with the Weid, Kosi and even Tmac if he can regain some form.
Hogan was probably better than what brown will be

Hogan was probably better than what brown will be

Talent wise I would agree with this. But Hogan strikes me as a player who doesn't buy into team culture, which is what Brown seems to offer and that is superior I feel.

Ben Brown interview:-

Media Conference Ben Brown

Talent wise I would agree with this. But Hogan strikes me as a player who doesn't buy into team culture, which is what Brown seems to offer and that is superior I feel.

Ben Brown interview:-

Media Conference Ben Brown
I found it funny that he said he hasn't played finals in a while, so why has he come to a side that has only been in finals once in 14 years lol. Seriously though he has to be optimistic and I think we all can be with the exception of 2019 which was a disaster we've been around the mark for the last 5 years and we've finally got our list in a pretty good spot after getting it so wrong under bailey then neeld. The other thing I noticed was North Melbourne's position from the start of the year to now obviously changed a lot considering they were going to give him a contract to then say they are heading in a different direction. They had some good wins towards the end of 2019 but just look like they need to rebuild now funny how a lot can change in 12 months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found it funny that he said he hasn't played finals in a while, so why has he come to a side that has only been in finals once in 14 years lol. Seriously though he has to be optimistic and I think we all can be with the exception of 2019 which was a disaster we've been around the mark for the last 5 years and we've finally got our list in a pretty good spot after getting it so wrong under bailey then neeld. The other thing I noticed was North Melbourne's position from the start of the year to now obviously changed a lot considering they were going to give him a contract to then say they are heading in a different direction. They had some good wins towards the end of 2019 but just look like they need to rebuild now funny how a lot can change in 12 months

Melbourne got Brown at a steal, I believe, so even if this does not work out. It is not the end of the world.

I feel bad for the North supporters though, they are one of the smallest clubs going around and this last two years has been a massive fall for them.

Melbourne got Brown at a steal, I believe, so even if this does not work out. It is not the end of the world.

I feel bad for the North supporters though, they are one of the smallest clubs going around and this last two years has been a massive fall for them.
Absolutely it's a massive steal and I have no real beef with North supporters. Would be a real shame to lose such a loved player despite him having a bad year I don't think he's fell off the cliff yet. Though they gained Stephenson on the cheap as well. Hopefully brown can find his form and we can sustain being a finals team. I think Collingwood will slip now but besides that finals will be tough to make.

Was/is a family favourite in our house. Carried himself well and extremely dangerous when on.

If you guys supply him with lots of quality ball he'll kick 50-80.

Good luck BBB!
"Quality ball"

Not something we really aspire to round these parts.

"Quality ball"

Not something we really aspire to round these parts.
haha yeah well BB did kick 3 seasons of 60+ for us and we weren't pushing for finals.

He's a quality bloke who will hopefully value add to your squad with a cool head and hard work.

haha yeah well BB did kick 3 seasons of 60+ for us and we weren't pushing for finals.

He's a quality bloke who will hopefully value add to your squad with a cool head and hard work.

I reckon the delivery stuff is a bit incorrect too, North like us haven't been known for their quality ball use going forward in recent years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back