You should be Ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

...A lot of hysteria on here in the last few days. Yes, it feels like a poor return for the players out. But my Cats supporting husband thought we did well out of the Treloar trade. Lovely guy, loyal and true, but probably the most ineffective ‘elite’ midfielder going around...

Your grammar suggested you were about to give your husband an enormous blast

Was a little disappointed

If you are looking for a-hole supporters, perhaps you should begin with yourself. Your aggressive, arrogant posts in the trade thread constantly ridiculed information supplied by a variety of journalists and big footy members throughout the trading period. In the end, your dogmatically expressed opinions were totally discredited by the reality of our trades.

If anyone deserves to be treated with contempt, it is you rather than the posters to whom you allude in your opening paragraph. If you are looking to find fault in people, which you leave us in no doubt is your intention, perhaps you should start with yourself. You dominated the trade thread with your cocksure beliefs that every piece of news regarding our potential trades was fake or click bait.

And you were totally wrong and obviously don't have the humility or decency to admit it.

Whack.

100% agree with OP. Ignore the sensationalist media BS. Getting rid of both was the right thing to do. Treloar was a liability, particularly on the $$$ and Stevo was clearly more interested in getting a root than being a professional footballer
To be fair every man is more interested in getting a root than being a professional footballer.

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

Seems the whole situation has gone way over your head. 🙄

Anyone else here getting personal messages from a Richmond guy? About Bucks ,his missus , blah blah way more..

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

Crap. What people are protesting against the utter incompetency and disdain of the club leadership. If you want to just suck up to the idiots that's your choice but don't try and impose yourself on others opinions. Guess you would be happy to wait another 20 years for a premiership as we are not going anywhere with this bunch who thinks the club is their private property to do as they please without any accountability. See the disdain of which Ned Guy dismissed the questions at the interview yesterday.

If you are looking for a-hole supporters, perhaps you should begin with yourself. Your aggressive, arrogant posts in the trade thread constantly ridiculed information supplied by a variety of journalists and big footy members throughout the trading period. In the end, your dogmatically expressed opinions were totally discredited by the reality of our trades.

If anyone deserves to be treated with contempt, it is you rather than the posters to whom you allude in your opening paragraph. If you are looking to find fault in people, which you leave us in no doubt is your intention, perhaps you should start with yourself. You dominated the trade thread with your cocksure beliefs that every piece of news regarding our potential trades was fake or click bait.

And you were totally wrong and obviously don't have the humility or decency to admit it.
Stopped giving that poster the time of day when I got into an argument with him months ago, his comprehension skills and willingness to admit he was wrong were laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be renewing my membership.

I understand that many supporters are upset. I was.

However the truth is, I suspect, that none of them have any first hand insight to the whole scenario that led the club to these decisions. I also suspect that few of them will have any experience in managing not only the financials of such a large and dynamic enterprise but also the personalities and egos. Some are running on emotion at the expense of rational thinking.

The media reports in these areas are rarely reliable.

I'm sad to see JS go. He can be exciting. I like AT's drive. But they're gone. I'll be cheering for the guys in Black and White rather than brooding over something that is entirely out of my control and capacity to know the details.
Ok forget about the behind the scenes stuff, which none of would know for sure what really transpired.

Please explain to me the following:
- When Richmond brings in Tom Lynch keeping the core players intact, when Geelong brings in Danger, Ablett and now Cameron without selling the stables, what have we done?
- What have we got for letting go of Treloar, Stevo and Phillips, pick 14 was also part of a pick swap and plus some useless picks and then talking about bringing in talent
- Where do you think we will end up next year? We won't make the 8.
- Why couldn't the coach who always talks about love, leadership, caring and what s**t talk to the players honestly and get this done amicably? Isn't that leadership? Isn't that caring?

My son loves cookies and cream ice cream, and I bought a tub of the stuff earlier in the week in preparation for his visit this weekend.

But I'd eaten it all within two days. Told him this evening that I forgot to buy some.

I am ashamed.

Its like those people who mindlessly vote for the same political party their whole lives regardless of what the party actually does or how incompetent it is. Those people are part of the problem.

Bad governance should not be rewarded.
It's nothing like political parties.

Lets re new our memberships and watch the club turn to sh*t. By renewing you are accepting what’s occurring is okay.
I will renew my membership. I sure as hell don't accept what has happened. If you don't want to renew your membership then fine, please don't tell the rest of us what to do.

We’ve had the same President since Adelaide went back to back.
His first full year Carlton made the grand final and lost to the Kangaroos. Yep, it’s been that long.

Just as mobile phones were coming onto the scene and dial-up internet was going into homes. 23 years later and we still don’t have it right.

Unfortunately some people think they need more time, more support, more excuses, deserve more leniency. Deserve more money from Members to piss away on things like Dayne Beams’ medal.

This trade period whilst shocking shouldn’t really shock anyone, the signs have been there and some have chose to ignore them. Poor decisions after poor decisions.

Wake up to yourself OP.

Amazing how people think the supporter backlash is over 1 trade period and not a decade of poor decisions that have the club back from being what it could be.

5 years of first round picks gone, NTTAWWT, vanished.

Sure, trade Treloar - Stevo - Phillips, but don’t get fleeced.

Well said

Well good for you, you’re part of the cult in which the club can do no wrong, if you were in the USA you’d be wearing a MAGA hat.
If you got off your high horse and actually read what we are all upset about you’d know that it was the way the club treated the players, the lying, the mismanagement and the way they are treating us like we are stupid. Yes clubs move players on but not in the way the club has and if you think that the way it was done and the reporting back to the fans was good then you really are a cult member. I have canceled my membership and see it as a sign that I care and give a crap about the club and want my lack of financial support to be known.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back