The 2021 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to see the amount of travel reduced for our team . We need to do the travel hubs. Go to Adelaide stay for 8 days ,play the crows and Port then come home . Play 2 home games travel to Sydney stay 8 days play GWS then Sydney. Fly home play 2 home games . Fly to Brisbane again 8 days play Gold Coast and Brisbane .play 2 home games . Fly to Melbourne play 2 games play back home for 2 games .Tell Hawthorn and North Melb Hobart is too cold come and play us at Optus.
Our travel reduced to half of uur usual season

I want to see the amount of travel reduced for our team . We need to do the travel hubs. Go to Adelaide stay for 8 days ,play the crows and Port then come home . Play 2 home games travel to Sydney stay 8 days play GWS then Sydney. Fly home play 2 home games . Fly to Brisbane again 8 days play Gold Coast and Brisbane .play 2 home games . Fly to Melbourne play 2 games play back home for 2 games .Tell Hawthorn and North Melb Hobart is too cold come and play us at Optus.
Our travel reduced to half of uur usual season
I love the idea, but where do we stay and train when we are there.

As long as there is a good training hub, then I support the idea.

I love the idea, but where do we stay and train when we are there.

As long as there is a good training hub, then I support the idea.
We did it all this year and now the players are use to the hubs . Queensland hub the Sydney hub would be easy and Adelaide would be even easier

Andrew Brayshaw will finish top 5 in the brownlow for 2021. The guy is an endurance beast, this shorter form games curtailed his potential influence. He started the year very very well then tapered off as the year progressed. Another years development will see him push into the upper echelon. Just needs to sort his goal kicking.
Hoping both Brayshaw and Cerra make the All Australian best 22

Anyone know when pre season starts?

1. Monday December 7 to Friday December 18

• First – fourth year players to complete a two-week block of training between December 7 – 18, with all normal hours / days off a week applicable per the CBA.
2. Wednesday January 6 to Saturday February 13

• Players, including players to be selected in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft, to participate in the AFLPA Induction Camp and the AFLPA Delegates Conference as required on January 4 and January 5, 2021.
  • All players to return to training on January 6 to complete a six-week block, with all normal hours / days off a week applicable per the CBA.

For us to make the 8 next season, these are the teams I think we need to be better than.

Melbourne
Carlton
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Hawthorn
Essendon
Swans
GWS
Crows
North

Richmond, Geelong, Brisbane, Stkilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs & Port will be tough to dislodge from the 8 next season.

If we’re honest with ourselves as a club, we need to be better than those other 10 teams & begin to fulfill the potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Monday December 7 to Friday December 18

• First – fourth year players to complete a two-week block of training between December 7 – 18, with all normal hours / days off a week applicable per the CBA.
2. Wednesday January 6 to Saturday February 13

• Players, including players to be selected in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft, to participate in the AFLPA Induction Camp and the AFLPA Delegates Conference as required on January 4 and January 5, 2021.
  • All players to return to training on January 6 to complete a six-week block, with all normal hours / days off a week applicable per the CBA.
Question - when they say 1st to 4th year players are they talking players about to start their 1-4 year, or have completed their 1st - 4th years?
Are new draftees counted as first year players, or just as ‘draftees’?

I think in short, what I’m asking is does it mean players drafted in 2016+ or 2017+ ?

Looking at it now I’m thinking 2016+ and then also new draftees?

Confused 🤷🏻‍♀️

Question - when they say 1st to 4th year players are they talking players about to start their 1-4 year, or have completed their 1st - 4th years?
Are new draftees counted as first year players, or just as ‘draftees’?

I think in short, what I’m asking is does it mean players drafted in 2016+ or 2017+ ?

Looking at it now I’m thinking 2016+ and then also new draftees?

Confused 🤷🏻‍♀️
I presume players going into their 4th season. First year players are drafted players, dead simple.

I presume players going into their 4th season. First year players are drafted players, dead simple.
You presume it’s dead simple?
So you’re guessing? Or it is?
I’m not so sure you’re right, I’d like to hear from someone who knows for sure, and isn’t just presuming it’s dead simple.
You’re probably right, but by your own admission it’s just a presumption.
Can anyone confirm?

I’m not so sure you’re right, I’d like to hear from someone who knows for sure, and isn’t just presuming it’s dead simple.
Can anyone confirm?
It's the players that have completed their 1st-4th years upon reviewing last years pre-season no sign of Young, Serong or Henry they arrived 24 days later.

Can anyone confirm?
How can a draftee not be a first year player? Simple.
By the same token, 4 = Players entering their fourth season.

It's the players that have completed their 1st-4th years upon reviewing last years pre-season no sign of Young, Serong or Henry they arrived 24 days later.
Well again, something the AFL gets ass backwards in that case. As an example, commentators aren't going to call Serong a first year player in 2021..

Can anyone confirm?

this, Tucker was part of the 1st-4th years for pre-season last year as he was coming off his 4th season and into his 5th

You know, how a child is 0, and the turns 1? Becoming a one year old AFTER their 1st year?
So, Draftess (0), first year (have made it to one year on the list, technically into their second year next year), etc.

For us to make the 8 next season, these are the teams I think we need to be better than.

Melbourne
Carlton
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Hawthorn
Essendon
Swans
GWS
Crows
North

Richmond, Geelong, Brisbane, Stkilda, West Coast, Western Bulldogs & Port will be tough to dislodge from the 8 next season.

If we’re honest with ourselves as a club, we need to be better than those other 10 teams & begin to fulfill the potential.
Bascially the only way you see Freo make finals in 2021 or 2022 is to either finish 7th or 8th.

I can see teams like Brisbane, Saints, Eagles, dogs and Port get booted out from the 8 nest season if they get crippled with injuries just like the demons in 2019.

Remember, Demons looked like a top 6 team in 2018 and 2019 because they won 2 finals in 2018 and made a prelim then finished bottom 4 next season due to injuries.

Dogs snuck into finals this season only because they beat us in the final round. Had they lost, Demons would of got in the top 8 instead.

Port can easily finish 9th or 10th next season too if certain things fall against them. On the surface, port looked like a 5th to 8th side but finished top 4 winning a few close games. It was a tight ladder this season.

I mean freo finished 11th with a 7 win and 10 loss record. Lost to essendon by 6 points, Suns by 13, Brisbane by 12 points and lost to Carlton after the siren. win 3 of those close games and we would of made finals with a 10 win, 7 loss record.

Bascially the only way you see Freo make finals in 2021 or 2022 is to either finish 7th or 8th.

I can see teams like Brisbane, Saints, Eagles, dogs and Port get booted out from the 8 nest season if they get crippled with injuries just like the demons in 2019.

Remember, Demons looked like a top 6 team in 2018 and 2019 because they won 2 finals in 2018 and made a prelim then finished bottom 4 next season due to injuries.

Dogs snuck into finals this season only because they beat us in the final round. Had they lost, Demons would of got in the top 8 instead.

Port can easily finish 9th or 10th next season too if certain things fall against them. On the surface, port looked like a 5th to 8th side but finished top 4 winning a few close games. It was a tight ladder this season.

I mean freo finished 11th with a 7 win and 10 loss record. Lost to essendon by 6 points, Suns by 13, Brisbane by 12 points and lost to Carlton after the siren. win 3 of those close games and we would of made finals with a 10 win, 7 loss record.
There is not a single team in the league I don’t think we can beat next season. Not one. Of course we will lose some games. But I don’t fear any team.
I actually expect us to win at least one derby against west coast, and maybe even both. Losing twice again next year to the eagles current bunch of grandpas should not be seen as anything less than abject failure.

If that’s the way you want to look at it, go for it. Not sure how 2022 comes into it though.

The post is about making the 8, it doesn’t mention where in the 8. For us to first get there, we have to be better than those teams mentioned & then compete strongly with those other 7 teams to see where we finish up.

In previous posts I have stated I think we can finish between 4-6, so we must beat those 10 teams to do that. Like everyone, we need luck with injuries to take that step.

FWIW I think we’ll need everything to fall into place to finish 4-6, with 7-8 probably more realistic, but it is a stepping stone to bigger things from 2022 & beyond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back