Toast Welcome to the kennel Treloar

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s pretty strange having your big name signing coming out and saying ideally he was never traded here 😂 but I kinda liked it. He was just so honest and sincere and I have no doubts that he’s going to give 100% while he’s here. And hey hopefully at the end of his career he looks back at his time and thinks of himself as a dogs man, hopefully a dogs man with a premiership medallion!!

love him already, such a likeable dude

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So what do we know about how he plays? Looks like he loves to carry the ball out of congestion - we certainly have enough midfielders to dig it out for him. Basically a Bailey Smith type but a worse kick? The comments from pies fans about lack of defensive running isnt going gel well with bevs phiospophy

FB_IMG_1605318120688.jpg

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So what do we know about how he plays? Looks like he loves to carry the ball out of congestion - we certainly have enough midfielders to dig it out for him. Basically a Bailey Smith type but a worse kick? The comments from pies fans about lack of defensive running isnt going gel well with bevs phiospophy
I think we just have to manage our rotations. I.e always have one of Treloar/Baz one of Libba/Dunks and one of Bont/Macrae. You probably don’t want Treloar & Baz lining up at too many stoppages together, unless we’re on top in the ruck anyway (that’ll be the day!) or get one of them to play in a defensive position to use their pace to cover the exits etc.

Welcome Adam

Really feel for him and the Collingwood fans. Can’t believe the level that Pies management stooped to force him out. The slurs on his character were so unprofessional and downright heartless.

He just looks like such a genuine, happy bloke. I get the feeling he will thrive with us as long as his body holds up.

As for the pies fans, this seems so much worse than when Griff left. As depressing as that was we showed some fight and were able to galvanise the club off the back of it. This just feels like they are tearing at the fabric of their club. Really feel for them.

NagoyaDog

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray FC
  • They mismanaged their salary cap. Badly.
  • Decided they needed to offload some high cost players and Treloar was right up there.
  • Then they totally mismanaged the communication with Treloar, told lies about teammates not wanting him there and concocted a rationale he would have trouble performing at the required level because his partner would be in Qld playing with the Firebirds.
  • Buckley got roped in to do some of the dirty work.
  • Treloar hurt by the way he was treated.
  • WB basically the only takers and Collingwood had painted themselves into a corner so we got a bargain.
  • Sam Power a demigod.

Why were we the only takers? Apologies if this has been previously answered

giblj

Cancelled
Nov 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think we just have to manage our rotations. I.e always have one of Treloar/Baz one of Libba/Dunks and one of Bont/Macrae. You probably don’t want Treloar & Baz lining up at too many stoppages together, unless we’re on top in the ruck anyway (that’ll be the day!) or get one of them to play in a defensive position to use their pace to cover the exits etc.
Spot on. The real difference maker is going to be having a top level trio in there at all times, when other teams drop off with their secondary units ours is still going to be a combo good enough to be one of the best in the league.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Spot on. The real difference maker is going to be having a top level trio in there at all times, when other teams drop off with their secondary units ours is still going to be a combo good enough to be one of the best in the league.
Yeah absolutely, and with Martin and English we should never be too disadvantaged in the ruck either. It’s a good place to be. Just need to sort out where everyone’s playing when they’re not in the guts. Baz and Treloar should be quite dangerous wing/HFF Bont forward etc

Arkangel

All Australian
Jun 8, 2007
Internet City
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

The other thing I like about this is it means we’ll have two sets of top-flight midfielders to compete against each other in training.

Why were we the only takers? Apologies if this has been previously answered
Adam wanted to play with a Victorian club that is in contention. We were the only one with the cap space that was truly in contention - Geelong being the other but they were committed to acquiring Cameron and couldn't fit both in.

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
Adam wanted to play with a Victorian club that is in contention. We were the only one with the cap space that was truly in contention - Geelong being the other but they were committed to acquiring Cameron and couldn't fit both in.
Odd that E'don didn't grab him. They were prepared to give away a first round for Dunkley when we were asking for 2. C'wood would have been better off with 6,7 or 8 than 14.

Arkangel

All Australian
Jun 8, 2007
Internet City
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Odd that E'don didn't grab him. They were prepared to give away a first round for Dunkley when we were asking for 2. C'wood would have been better off with 6,7 or 8 than 14.

He would've had to agree to it. If he wanted to go to a club that was "in contention", he's unlikely to have considered Essendon (based on recent performance and the players they'd already lost during the trade period).

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
He would've had to agree to it. If he wanted to go to a club that was "in contention", he's unlikely to have considered Essendon (based on recent performance and the players they'd already lost during the trade period).
Fair point, I'd be curious to know if E'don made an offer, though.

NagoyaDog

Team Captain
Mar 25, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray FC

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
Fair point, I'd be curious to know if E'don made an offer, though.

I doubt they would’ve. They’ve got a lot of small midfielders (Shiel, McGrath, Merrett, Parish) and while Treloar is better than them all currently I’m not sure it would’ve changed too much for them, main reason they would’ve been after Dunkley is because they are really desperate for that big bodied midfielder.

Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
May I post in your forum?

You have picked up a gun. He has slight injury problems (mostly because he gets battered inside with his small body) but is an inside and outside gem. He can play well when sore, often did for us, and when fully fit he's a big game match winner. Goals, assists, hard ball gets, silk on the receiving end. Would have done even more if we had a big body in there with him (the few games he shared with Sier, our wombat with potential, they both blitzed). Put someone solid in there with him and he's a smoky for a Brownlow in the next three years. Literally the only real knock is he's not brilliant in the air, but his still OK.

Only left because of the Beams deal screwed our entire club. Sad for us but hopefully good for him and you.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
May I post in your forum?

You have picked up a gun. He has slight injury problems (mostly because he gets battered inside with his small body) but is an inside and outside gem. He can play well when sore, often did for us, and when fully fit he's a big game match winner. Goals, assists, hard ball gets, silk on the receiving end. Would have done even more if we had a big body in there with him (the few games he shared with Sier, our wombat with potential, they both blitzed). Put someone solid in there with him and he's a smoky for a Brownlow in the next three years. Literally the only real knock is he's not brilliant in the air, but his still OK.

Only left because of the Beams deal screwed our entire club. Sad for us but hopefully good for him and you.
Would you think he'd preform just as well on a wing? Might give his body a break also

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

What a sincere good young bloke he is eh?
I have noticed a few footy "experts" warn that bringing in Adam could be a big problem for the Dogs, with so many mids.
Problem? Yeah, right, I'd bet a lot of rival coaches would relish such a delicious dilemma.

glenashley

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just discovered a free $20 bonus bet in my tab account to apologise for the weekend outage.

Got Adam at $41 for the Chaz.

Bloke has averaged 28 touches a game since debut.

Last edited:

inflames1919

All Australian
Oct 15, 2007
YOUR FACE
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
What a sincere good young bloke he is eh?
I have noticed a few footy "experts" warn that bringing in Adam could be a big problem for the Dogs, with so many mids.
Problem? Yeah, right, I'd bet a lot of rival coaches would relish such a delicious dilemma.

Jealousy & insecurities

Last edited:
Back