List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if we have a free agent or a delisted free agent in mind or have an inkling someone we like is going to be delisted. The article mentions Patmore was not offered a contract due to list size.
Or we might be planning to go into the season with less than the max list size. Maybe preparing for further cuts at the end of next season.

Jeez our SANFL midfield just got a bit weaker with Patmore gone.

Drew, Mead, Mayes in the middle with Bergman and Schofield on the wings?

C: Farrell - Drew - Bergman

R: Hayes - Mayes - Mead

Also Schofield to come in and Jones HBF/Midfield.

We may have 2 picks in the draft for another midfielder.

Isn’t there a frightening possibility we don’t field a magpies team next season?
It will happen, otherwise we'd already be in that Eastern Seaboard League.

It is possible Geelong could delist Constable even though he is contracted and Port pick him up as a DFA. Could be an agreement between the clubs during trade week.

Shame about Patmore, I thought he might have been safe as lists weren't too heavily cut. There was a lot to like about how he played.

With list sizes Frederick was a free hit. If cat b was included with cat a then he would have been delisted. Patmore was provisionally off the list pending list size announcements. The list seems to have gone from 44 to 41. After Jones and Taj it seems we have two more picks. No word on Mayes or Burgoyne yet? Probably stay. No great dfa's yet but see who geelong and Richmond delist. I'm still hoping we can jag a couple of stars late in the draft from Victoria with little exposure.

I wonder if we have a free agent or a delisted free agent in mind or have an inkling someone we like is going to be delisted. The article mentions Patmore was not offered a contract due to list size.
Or we might be planning to go into the season with less than the max list size. Maybe preparing for further cuts at the end of next season.
Isn’t there draft periods during the minor round next year?

Dunno that I really care about the magpies midfield. So long as they are gelling together.

I only care because it'd be good to have young kids coming through who can step up into Boak and Rockliff's roles, those two won't be around much longer.

I think I've come around to the idea of Constable, as long as he was willing to be patient for a year or two.

I only care because it'd be good to have young kids coming through who can step up into Boak and Rockliff's roles, those two won't be around much longer.

I think I've come around to the idea of Constable, as long as he was willing to be patient for a year or two.
I reckon Rockliff is gonna struggle to hold his place next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Rockliff is gonna struggle to hold his place next year.
I'm confident that SPP and Butters can do well if called upon in the middle.

Isn’t there draft periods during the minor round next year?
3 in season rookie periods I believe, after rounds 4,8 and 12.

With list sizes flexible I’m sure we will pass on a few picks and track how some of the guys unfortunate not to have been drafted or delisted are progressing.

McKenzie already took Clurey’s spot at full back. If we had any other viable tall options come finals I’m pretty sure Clurey wouldn’t have played.

We now have that viable option.
For a whole single game against Geelong because we tried something different on Hawkins.

Clurey was back on Tom Lynch in the Preliminary Final.

Not really complaining but just find it amusing that the Member First emails come after the announcement is out in the general public. Sort of defeats the purpose .
I got my members first email before it went to the public via the website and the AFL website.

The link I posted above was the URL with the email code not the URL from the club's website that came later.

CD really describes it perfectly how unlucky Patmore is in this situation.

“Jake is a real victim of circumstance; with an ACL injury in 2019 being compounded by a lack of regular competitive football in 2020 due to COVID, and what will be a reduction in list sizes for 2021.

2 years of possible development down the drain and it's not even his fault.

It sounded like CD was hopeful Patmore would stay and play for the Magpies. Could be a lifeline in the offing.

His chances would be slim to none of being picked up as a DFA with no exposed form and a knee reco in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back