Who do you want to take at pick 3?

Who do you realistically want the Swans to draft with pick 3?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I know this is already being discussed in another thread but that thread does not have a poll and I am very interested to see what the overall consensus is on the Swans board on who we all want the Swans to take with pick 3.

Now, for this question a couple of caveats. This is not a question of who do you think is the best player in the draft. So for instance you may think McDonald is the best player in the draft, but if you also think that Adelaide will take McDonald with pick 1 and he will not be available at pick 3 then don't select McDonald. This poll is about who you think will realistically be available and also the player that you want.

However, if you want McDonald and think Adelaide will go with Tilthrope and North will go with Hollands then vote away for McDonald.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
The Swans pull a surprise, trading Pick 3 to Essendon for 7&8.

The surprises don’t stop there though, as the Hawks, Roos & Essendon all go with bizarre reaches, allowing the Swans to take DGB at 6 & Phillips at 7

Campbell then doesn’t attract a bid until Port enter in the mid-30’s, which is promptly matched.

The Swans close out the draft taking Gulden at 51.

The Swans pull a surprise, trading Pick 3 to Essendon for 7&8.

The surprises don’t stop there though, as the Hawks, Roos & Essendon all go with bizarre reaches, allowing the Swans to take DGB at 6 & Phillips at 7

Campbell then doesn’t attract a bid until Port enter in the mid-30’s, which is promptly matched.

The Swans close out the draft taking Gulden at 51.
And people think I have wacky ideas ;)

FreeAgent1

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
My vote for Holland’s for the following reasons:
1- type of player only ever available in top 5 of a draft.
2- mids are safest (no project fees please)
3- Phillips (IMO ONLY) is a handball centric mid, similar to Cunnington where he would absolutely add to the team and solid 200 gamer, but not the superstar Holland’s could be)
.....sadly I seem to be the only one.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
3- Phillips (IMO ONLY) is a handball centric mid, similar to Cunnington where he would absolutely add to the team and solid 200 gamer, but not the superstar Holland’s could be)

Hollands is a bit of a risk with his knee injury though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Your mum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mum is 62 years old and 155cm. She might not be the best choice.

I don't watch football with her as she yells at the TV for the players to jump higher. The Swans would be an amazing team if, according to her, each of our players were able to jump a little higher.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
My mum is 62 years old and 155cm. She might not be the best choice.

I don't watch football with her as she yells at the TV for the players to jump higher. The Swans would be an amazing team if, according to her, each of our players were able to jump a little higher.
Your Mum can come and sit with me and my grown up kids in Bay 28! We shout a lot too.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
I havent seen draftees live, thats not the impression ive seen from others, but bloody hell if we draft Cunningham 2.0 at pick 3 I'm going to be intollerable on here for supporters that only handle positive vibes.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Who was the last AA ruckman to win a flag the year they were at least in the squad? Genuinely don't know
my guess will be cox but dont know if he did, guy was a bloody phenom.

Just checked, Cox didnt, broke his collarbone mid year but check out his AA years he did make it. Arguably on track to win it in 06 too.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Your Mum can come and sit with me and my grown up kids in Bay 28! We shout a lot too.

One of the defining memory of my childhood is my mother yelling at Greg Stafford to jump more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back