Player Watch Aliir Aliir

Is that with Manny, or his younger brother at South ( Robert?)?
Pretty sure Manny was an AFL multicultural ambassador one of the years he was on our list, so they would have meet up on those get togethers the AFL organise 2 or 3 times a year.

Read that his actual one on one defensive body work is bad, hoping that a preseason going with Dixon will improve this
except it isn't? Statistics back that up.

PAFC27

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Aliir Aliir is terrible one on one. He concedes so many try’s
-Sydney supporter

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

At the end of the 2018 season, Aliir Aliir had the highest percentage won of one on one contests in the league and was also ranked equal-first for average intercept marks.
wow, we just picked up the best defender ever. Thanks ChAmPiOn DaTa!

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I feel like to get the best from allir need to settle him at chb no westhoff every were man.
Shouldn't need him in ruck either with lahdams in the side.

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Richmond and Collingwood.
I reckon some of you are underrating his ability to play on those gorilla type forwards. He's that gorilla type KPD you needed especially with no Howard and he's deceptively strong too, training one on ones with Dixon should greatly help his bodywork against those gorilla type forwards. Stats shows that he rarely loses one on ones so he's that player who allows your defense to play more optimally like Brian Lake coming to Hawthorn at the end of 2012.

I reckon some of you are underrating his ability to play on those gorilla type forwards. He's that gorilla type KPD you needed especially with no Howard and he's deceptively strong too, training one on ones with Dixon should greatly help his bodywork against those gorilla type forwards. Stats shows that he rarely loses one on ones so he's that player who allows your defense to play more optimally like Brian Lake coming to Hawthorn at the end of 2012.
Off topic, but Howard playing on gorilla forwards is a hilarious notion. He was easily and repeatedly outbodied by Tadpole Hipwood in 2019.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
except it isn't? Statistics back that up.

people keep going back to that 1 on 1 stat but I think the definition of what is a 1 on 1 contest is the catch there.

the sheer truth is that Alir is better when he can run around and jump at the ball. Make him stand and wrestle a guy and it doesn’t suit him.

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thankfully trade week was last week and we were able to lock away Aliir into our team.

If he was planning on meeting the guys this week and touring the facilities only for Adelaide to be in lockdown and preventing him from doing that, would he still have chosen to come here?

I think he will be huge for us next year

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Thankfully trade week was last week and we were able to lock away Aliir into our team.

If he was planning on meeting the guys this week and touring the facilities only for Adelaide to be in lockdown and preventing him from doing that, would he still have chosen to come here?

I think he will be huge for us next year
Waiting for the Smithson expose about how Ports covered up the covid outbreak until we could get our trade deals done.

Aliir Aliir is terrible one on one. He concedes so many try’s
-Sydney supporter
I have been to a game in Sydney. It would more likely be:

My property portfolio is looking tip top old boy, another champers? Oh and did that Buddy fellow kick a few conversions yet today?

Will Aliir have a rubbish bin at his house when he starts living here?
Hope he puts some rat poison in it to flush out undesirable critters and journo's 😝😈
Just put a goat in there. That will keep him busy.

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
xk1246jogo161.jpg

Back