News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I tuned into 5AA the other week on the drive home ( I know) and, I sh*t you not, the first two ads I heard were for retirement living and for a funeral home.

Unfortunately the next thing I heard had the Clash's Should I Stay or Should I Go as a backing track and I thought holy f*ck am I in their demographic?
I think they have found their song to run onto the ground to and also to play at 3 quarter time. It is in reference to their players minds and also their customers 3qtr time mind. Brilliant that they finally found something to play that is not fake.

What choices are there for sports commentary?
MMM boys club jokes and giggles with minor ribbing whilst sucking off the VFL.
AA for anyone older than 45 plus
891 to put you to sleep listening to farmers saying gday and talking from their machines!

The options are endless.

891 to put you to sleep listening to farmers saying gday and talking from their machines!

The options are endless.

Kane Cornes!

The options are endless.

This sounds like the beginning of a pitch for Port Fan Radio.

The options are endless.
Pretty sad bunch really even at 71 years old Dennis Cometti would still be better than most on air today.

His dad immediately asked him to get him a Port guernsey and scarf when we recruited Oz.

The blonde hair was a result of an internal club fine for giving away a 50 meter penalty. Choice was to Put $100 into the kitty or dye his hair blonde. He chose the hair option. He won’t be dyeing his har blonde again.

Likes to banter and getting on well with Butters and the young crew.

Robert Oatey taught him his set shot routine at the age of 15 and it has stayed with him since.

Macintosh his junior coach said “good kid, good attitude, really good skill set and will really suit Port Adelaide.”

Embrace the meme, people. If I can get behind Motlop's finger twirl I can get behind anything.
If you're feeling really adventurous, there's a BT soundboard app on the Google Play Store. Has everyone's favourite BT sayings, there's even 14 different Orazio's. Hours of fun for the whole family!

Screenshot_20201115-145337_BT's Finest.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't want him

Now that he's here though, I hope he kicks lots of goals

The thing about Orazio and Joe D, they played well when fit even in an Essendon team that is sort of mediocre in terms of delivery and midfield strength. So there is that upside.

At their best, Orazio would kick 4 goals and Joe 3 or visa versa and both played dynamic roles across the ground.

You just need him to have good fitness levels and game time.

AFL 2020: Orazio Fantasia opens up about family and his move to Port

On Thursday night, Fantasia was sitting at his family home, in Adelaide’s eastern suburbs, with his mum and dad, Anna and Pasquale, as the Port and Essendon deal was being finalised. “They were glued to the TV, I’m not much of a watcher, I was just sitting on my phone communicating with my manager, and trying to calm them down and mum and dad were saying every 10 seconds: ‘Any news? Any news?’,” the 25-year-old says.

The Fantasia family are traditionally Crows supporters, but it took no time for them to swap allegiances. “As soon as the deal went through dad said: ‘Right, you’ve got to get me a scarf, and I’ll need a guernsey’. I said: ‘No worries, I can do that’.” At the news, his mum cried, as she has done every time her son has returned home only to leave again over the seven years he’s been in Melbourne since being drafted in 2013. This time, it was happy tears.

Family is important to Fantasia. So is football. It always has been. Even as a youngster at Magill Primary School, football was his passion; his mum still has a piece of school work from those days in which Fantasia wrote he wanted to be a footballer when he grew up.

Fantasia says of his days at Norwood Morialta High School as “I there for a good time with my mates”. And, of course, there was football. “I was probably 80 per cent footy growing up, I finished school and I’m still very proud of finishing school, but I probably didn’t give it the effort that everyone else would have liked,” he says.

He’s making up for lost time, because he’s now studying business law at university.

One of Fantasia’s junior coaches was Norwood’s cult hero Garry McIntosh who coached him at Payneham Norwood Union Football Club. McIntosh agrees with Davies, that Fantasia will add real value to the Power’s squad, recalling how he played the speedy, agile forward in his PNUFC A-grade side when he was only 16 and probably hovering around the 65kg-mark.

“He was a little, skinny kid with long arms … he was just a good kid, good attitude, with a really good skill set,” he says.

Let's hope the kid can reverse the trend of the #13. Don't think we've had a decent one since Rohan Smith...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back