Toast Welcome to the kennel Treloar

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1011561
This guy is a real GEM - True sportsman, that respects his wife, mum & family! - I hope #AFL schedules Round 1 - Dog's vs Pies

You'd think he could afford a lawnmower on his wage.

but he looks real, I like him. Doesn't look like a Scotch College kid, more like the sort I teach. And I like that. Treloar must be a Cornish name? They came out here to mine tin & gold.

Only left because of the Beams deal screwed our entire club. Sad for us but hopefully good for him and you.

Why on earth did they do that? One of the weirdest list management decisions in history

Welcome Adam

Now all we need is for him and his wife to have a boy, play 100 games, father/son. He got to 94 games at Collingwood :D
Definitely possible he is ultra professional, as long as his body stays sound I could see him reaching a hundred games with us.

You'd think he could afford a lawnmower on his wage.

but he looks real, I like him. Doesn't look like a Scotch College kid, more like the sort I teach. And I like that. Treloar must be a Cornish name? They came out here to mine tin & gold.

I know someone who taught him at Dandenong high and says he was really lovely. Very far from a private school.

Would you think he'd preform just as well on a wing? Might give his body a break also
I mean sure, he's fast and uses it well both as an assist and a finisher. A bit wasted as a pure wing though given he's comfortable (if battered) in the packs as well. One knock, probably can't contest in the air as well as you'd want from the "perfect" wingman but can hold down any midfield role.

Just discovered a free $20 bonus bet in my tab account to apologise for the weekend outage.

Got Adam at $41 for the Chaz.

Bloke has averaged 28 touches a game since debut.
Just had a look and noticed sportsbet has a most wins in 2021 - Collingwood Magpies or Queensland Firebirds. Haha cheeky buggers

It’s pretty strange having your big name signing coming out and saying ideally he was never traded here 😂 but I kinda liked it. He was just so honest and sincere and I have no doubts that he’s going to give 100% while he’s here. And hey hopefully at the end of his career he looks back at his time and thinks of himself as a dogs man, hopefully a dogs man with a premiership medallion!!

love him already, such a likeable dude

It's like the opposite of what the Brazilian and Spanish and Russian players say when they go a club like Watford FC in soccer: "I love it here , I know the history of the club, the fans are so passionate." Then they stay for a season and bugger off to the next club that pays them $$$$.

Treloar has destroyed the kayfabe, he's broken the 4th wall of the modern AFL. He's a real functioning human being, I respect him for that a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood supporter in peace:

You know you won the trade when the other club's CEO sends every member an email apology/explanation...

...which I received today.

Take care of Treloar for us, I think you will enjoy his services.
Better then it coming from that goose Ned Guy though.

Congratulations on Treloar, he has gone to a better home and he is way too classy for our club.
I am utterly disgusted at the Collingwood football club.

That said, out of every club he could have gone to, I am glad he went to the Dogs, as they are my favourite team outside of Collingwood. I hope you treat him better than we did (which won't be hard to do), and I hope he gets 40 touches and destroys our midfield in our corresponding game next year.

Well done, you got yourself a classy guy, and I will be rooting for Treloar to have a great season with the Dogs and I hope you win a flag with him.

I don't even know what to do with my 4 year olds guernsey now, which has Treloar's number on the back :(

Good luck to your club next season and you will have a gun midfield with Dunkley staying.

We are an absolute disgrace
If he’s have as classy as your post we are on a winner.

I really loved his press conference - so much honesty. I was so, so happy to hear him say that he has a lot of mixed emotions and that Collingwood is where he wanted to be, as opposed to a media concocted line about always wanting to be here and being stoked to have it come to fruition. He balanced this genuine reflection with an acknowledgement that things have changed and how excited he is for this new chapter, and some praise for our coaches and players. Really well played.

I really loved his press conference - so much honesty. I was so, so happy to hear him say that he has a lot of mixed emotions and that Collingwood is where he wanted to be, as opposed to a media concocted line about always wanting to be here and being stoked to have it come to fruition. He balanced this genuine reflection with an acknowledgement that things have changed and how excited he is for this new chapter, and some praise for our coaches and players. Really well played.

Yeah, better than that whole "love that I'm here at {insert name} what a proud history {insert name} has, blah blah" you normally get.

Yeah same, it felt really honest, and it meant I took him at his word when he said he was excited to pay for us.

Potentially the first and last time I post on this thread, but:

1) Congratulations on getting Adsy ... heck of a player, undervalued at the Pies and a wonderful fit for culture at the Doggies
2) Cancelled my Pies membership and put the money into the Western Bulldogs for 2021. I couldn't in good conscience continue to pay a club that has superficial values (Richmond Lite) that only serve the admin well. When the current staff has been moved on, they'll get my money again, but until then, I'd rather it go to a club that lives by it values.

Good luck for 2021, guys.

Potentially the first and last time I post on this thread, but:

1) Congratulations on getting Adsy ... heck of a player, undervalued at the Pies and a wonderful fit for culture at the Doggies
2) Cancelled my Pies membership and put the money into the Western Bulldogs for 2021. I couldn't in good conscience continue to pay a club that has superficial values (Richmond Lite) that only serve the admin well. When the current staff has been moved on, they'll get my money again, but until then, I'd rather it go to a club that lives by it values.

Good luck for 2021, guys.
But you're now officially a doggy so post away!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back