Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And U have to wait an extra 12 months to get the players into Ur club bevause they are future picks.

Geelong's window is now, who's going to help Geelong win the flag next year, Cameron, Higgins and Smith, or 3 teenagers who have just missed a year of footy?

Next year the Cats, at this stage, will have a first and at least 3 2nds.

haha, coming from the supporter of a club who just a few short years ago had their hierarchy admit that they were happy to just top up and make the 8 to keep milking their gullible yet loyal fans. Thankfully, they changed.

Geelong are trying to win flags, whether you agree with how they're doing, doesn't matter to anyone. At least they're aiming for higher than 8th.
Gullible yet loyal... but I thought we were just bandwagoners who all came along since we started winning flags. For how to do that maybe watch the 2020 gf again, but concentrate on the other side.

23-36.

I also love how you’re mashing in the Caldwell trade haul etc talking up the trade like that has anything to do with Geelong.

Just stick to the facts of the trade please of your posting. 16 and a pick slide of 15 picks worst case

The bitterness is great in here from WCE fans and the handful of GWS supporters.

Based on essendon and GWS positions this year, which i wouldnt bank on getting better next year especially after the talent bleeding both experienced. I would say those picks are looking anywhere between 22-30 with a degree of confidence.

To exchange pick 13-18 and 20-26 in a very poor draft for two picks between 22-30 in a strong drafr, you would have to consider on its own a win. The only thing preventing us declaring it a win and probably a reason GWS did it in the end is becauze those ladder positions are unkown and it has an affiliated risk.

Also an element of face saving last hour when it became obvious no player was crossing over and they wanted to stick to their guns on the 3 picks.

The price is very fair in the end an i doubt GWS can complain in the end either as they need to get players in after the exodus now as opposed to next year.

Geelong's window is now, who's going to help Geelong win the flag next year, Cameron, Higgins and Smith, or 3 teenagers who have just missed a year of footy?

Next year the Cats, at this stage, will have a first and at least 3 2nds.

Its supposed to be a very good draft and will include alot of top 30 players this year if it wasnt for covid. For example if it wssnt for WAFL colts logan mcdonald wouldnt even be a top 10 choice and is now beng talked up as the no one pick. Will be one of the better drafts we have seen from all reports.

Will be able to get some very good players with those second rounders. Coulf easily get a stevie J type in the second round next year etc. Nail those 3 picks inside the second round with the quality draft it will be and we are set in a big way

The bitterness is great in here from WCE fans and the handful of GWS supporters.

Based on essendon and GWS positions this year, which i wouldnt bank on getting better next year especially after the talent bleeding both experienced. I would say those picks are looking anywhere between 22-30 with a degree of confidence.

To exchange pick 13-18 and 20-26 in a very poor draft for two picks between 22-30 in a strong drafr, you would have to consider on its own a win. The only thing preventing us declaring it a win and probably a reason GWS did it in the end is becauze those ladder positions are unkown and it has an affiliated risk.

Also an element of face saving last hour when it became obvious no player was crossing over and they wanted to stick to their guns on the 3 picks.

The price is very fair in the end an i doubt GWS can complain in the end either as they need to get players in after the exodus now as opposed to next year.
I thought the Cats did well.

Ablett retired, Taylor retired, they picked up Smith and Higgins who are both younger than Taylor let alone Ablett. Geelong are now younger.

Thanks Eagles.

Not when given that the rest of the players get older

Interesting that looking at the GF side minus the 2 players retired and the addition of the 3 new players could mean that 16 players are over 28 years old with 9 over 30 at the start of next season in the sides best 22

28 - 29
Dalhaus
Guthrie
Stewart
Cameron
Duncan
Menagola
Rohan

30 +
Dangerfield
Blivsac
Hawkins
Henderson
Higgins
Selwood
Stanley
Smith
Tuohy

Surely this move unlocks Danger in the midfield.

Although I feel like we keep having this conversation year on year, perhaps due to player preservation, you seem to prefer playing Danger up forward no matter how many forwards you bring in.

I still think Danger is best played as a genuine on baller, bursting away from contests, especially since your other midfielders such as Gutherie/Menegola/Selwood/Constable aren't exactly fast. While they can all win contested ball themselves, Danger's high quality clearances are much more effective.

Interesting that looking at the GF side minus the 2 players retired and the addition of the 3 new players could mean that 16 players are over 28 years old with 9 over 30 at the start of next season in the sides best 22

28 - 29
Dalhaus
Guthrie
Stewart
Cameron
Duncan
Menagola
Rohan

30 +
Dangerfield
Blivsac
Hawkins
Henderson
Higgins
Selwood
Stanley
Smith
Tuohy
I’m abit tired of this talk that Geelongs age profile currently is a bad thing, so far we have continued to be successful and actually had a better year whilst having the oldest team roll out.
If we make top 4 again it actually starts a pattern that our average age is actually irrelevant and we could be setting a new pattern for teams in the future

In my opinion Giants are big winner in this. Not only got better than free agency compensation but also took 3 first rounders off one of the prime contenders. All the other clubs should be proud of us.
The way I look at it, we gave you an extra 3 first rounders that will be easier to pry out of your club than ours.
All the other clubs should be proud of us.

The way I look at it, we gave you an extra 3 first rounders that will be easier to pry out of your club than ours.
All the other clubs should be proud of us.
The vast majority of Cats supporters have been great to discuss this trade with. Why do you feel the need to come in here and act like a prick and denigrate other teams and their supporters? Very disappointing- pull your head in.

The vast majority of Cats supporters have been great to discuss this trade with. Why do you feel the need to come in here and act like a prick and denigrate other teams and their supporters? Very disappointing- pull your head in.
Please before quoting me while trying to sit on your high horse read the quote is was replying too. Move on, you have nothing to add unless you like the other 4 GWS supporters want to take a dig at GFC too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please before quoting me while trying to sit on your high horse read the quote is was replying too. Move on, you have nothing to add unless you like the other 4 GWS supporters want to take a dig at GFC too
I feel like the other fellow was trying to compliment the Cats- by stating that three first round draft picks being added to an elite team who almost won a flag this year, would make the Cats even more of a scary prospect. If he wasn't, I'll stand corrected, but to take jibes at retention when old mate was trying to compliment the Cats and their brilliant list management staff, is uncalled for.

I feel like the other fellow was trying to compliment the Cats- by stating that three first round draft picks being added to an elite team who almost won a flag this year, would make the Cats even more of a scary prospect. If he wasn't, I'll stand corrected, but to take jibes at retention when old mate was trying to compliment the Cats and their brilliant list management staff, is uncalled for.
Let’s just agree we read it differently and move on

I’m abit tired of this talk that Geelongs age profile currently is a bad thing, so far we have continued to be successful and actually had a better year whilst having the oldest team roll out.
If we make top 4 again it actually starts a pattern that our average age is actually irrelevant and we could be setting a new pattern for teams in the future

Age is as relevant as your teams quality. All that matters is how you perform out on the field.

Geelong has been dads army for a decade now, whle carlton melbourne gold coast GWS have been the shiny youth filled teams... I know who i would rather be any day over the same period.

In my opinion Giants are big winner in this. Not only got better than free agency compensation but also took 3 first rounders off one of the prime contenders. All the other clubs should be proud of us.

You forgot the part where you lost the best player in your club’s history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We solved the number 1 problem with your club - cap space. Even if you just took the compo you should have been thanking us

There is nothing wrong with having an old team if you win. Geelong's challenge over the next 2-5 years is not turning into Hawthorn, who were successful for an extended period then fell in a hole very quickly after topping up.

Geelong will probably field the oldest/most experienced 22 next year at some point. You can do that and have 20 kids under 21 on your list, before anyone starts. The oldest team ever was Geelong 2020, so it's not exactly a big step for the same time in 6 months time.

OUT: Ablett, Taylor, Simpson (?)
IN: Cameron, Smith, Higgins

That would be 3,550 games of experience to start a season. Hawthorn 2015 GF were 3,670. Brisbane were at 3,740 in a game in 2004. Theoretically Geelong should get to 4,000+ without injuries, but that's never going to happen and younger players will come in. I hope they do get to 4,000 in a game though.

Geelong will probably field the oldest/most experienced 22 next year at some point. You can do that and have 20 kids under 21 on your list, before anyone starts. The oldest team ever was Geelong 2020, so it's not exactly a big step for the same time in 6 months time.

OUT: Ablett, Taylor, Simpson (?)
IN: Cameron, Smith, Higgins

That would be 3,550 games of experience to start a season. Hawthorn 2015 GF were 3,670. Brisbane were at 3,740 in a game in 2004. Theoretically Geelong should get to 4,000+ without injuries, but that's never going to happen and younger players will come in. I hope they do get to 4,000 in a game though.

OUT: Simpson

??????????

28 - 29
Dalhaus
Guthrie
Stewart
Cameron
Duncan
Menagola
Rohan

30 +
Dangerfield
Blivsac
Hawkins
Henderson
Higgins
Selwood
Stanley
Smith
Tuohy

A appropriate Mad Monday theme for Geelong next season?

1605572692129.png

Back