Status
Not open for further replies.
B: Jones, Jonas, Bergman
HB: Byrne-Jones, Aliir, Burton
C: Duursma, Rozee, Amon
HF: Butters, Marshall, Fantasia
F: Dixon, Gray, Ladhams

FOL: Lycett, Wines, Boak

INT: Houston (D/M), Powell-Pepper (M/F), Motlop (F/M), Williams (M/F)

This is my best 22 for R1. Let it fly, go 999 and shock the s**t out of them.

Rockliff, Hartlett and McKenzie come in when the grounds get heavier. Too slow at the start of the season.

I want defenders in the back line who can push up and fill the holes left by Aliir, Byrne-Jones and Burton when they push up the ground, but they also need to drop back rapidly on an opposition break. That’s why I’m playing Jones and Bergman.

I’m playing Rozee through the middle full time as I want his speed and skill plus his ability to push forward and kick goals. Going into his third year - he plays all 22 regular season games, he’s at 50 games.

Fantasia and Butters are perfect high forwards. Fast, scrappy and annoying. Marshall was kicking over a goal a game before he got injured and is also fast.

Dixon and Ladhams to work in tandem with Gray as the deep forward. If our mids and defenders are playing well, the ball should be coming in fast.

On ball is Lycett, Wines and Boak. Ollie took it to another level in the back half of the year, while Travis was outstanding the whole season.

Interchange I’ve got Houston as support for both defence and midfield, Powell-Pepper for midfield, Motlop for wing and half forward and Williams for forward to allow Gray to go into the midfield.

I’m not saying that this will happen. I’m saying it should happen.

Port Adelaide POWER Round 1 vs ?
F: Ladhams - Dixon - Gray
HF: Butters - Georgiades - Powell-Pepper
C: Amon - Boak - Duursma
HB: Byrne-Jones - Aliir - Hartlett
B: Jonas (C) - Clurey - McKenzie
R: Lycett - Wines - Rockliff
INT: Rozee - Houston - Burton - Fantasia
EMERG: Marshall - Motlop - Lienert - Woodcock

Port Adelaide MAGPIES Round 1 vs ?
F: Williams - Hill - Motlop
HF: Burgoyne - Marshall - Woodcock
C: Farrell - Drew - Bergman
HB: Bonner - Pasini - Lienert
B: Goldsack (C) - Corcoran - Garner
R: Hayes - Mayes - Mead
INT: Frederick - Appleton - Mahney - Strange
EMERG: Thornton - Samblich
DEPTH: Smith - Wong

Unavailable:
Power: NONE
Magpies: NONE
Like it. But would have Rozee or Houston starting in middle. Need a quality outside mid to start. Too contested heavy. Rest of team is sound. F### we have some talent coming through magpies. There is going to be some serious competition for spots if we have a healthy list.

Like it. But would have Rozee or Houston starting in middle. Need a quality outside mid to start. Too contested heavy. Rest of team is sound. F### we have some talent coming through magpies. There is going to be some serious competition for spots if we have a healthy list.
I'm a Houston fan, but I reckon he needs to find another level to get more mid minutes.

For mine, SPP, Butters and Robbie would be ahead of him as the secondary midfielders.

McKenzie, Clurey, DBJ

Hartlett, Jonas, Aliir

Houston, Wines, Amon

Butters, Marshall SPP

Gray, Dixon, Georgiades

R: Lycett, Boak, Rozee

Int: Rockliff, Duursma, Fantasia, Ladhams

EMG: Jones, Bergman, Burton, Drew, Williams, Hayes, Lienert
Duursma plays wing all day every day...gut running, goal kicker...helps in defence..

Yeah - I’m kind of on the don’t play Rockliff train unless it’s wet weather ( which seems like 50% of our games), or if Boak/Wines/SPP get injured.

SPP has been playing the selfless role and going up forward to allow Rocky to play his best position. I think it’s time to play SPP, Boak and Wines as the full time mids.

With Rocky out, this will also allow Rozee and Butters to increase their mid time.

And Orazio can play full time in the forwardline.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Like to see Mead step into Rocky's role when he earns it.

I would like to see Ken make Todd earn his spot, his selection towards the end of the season was debatable at least. I can see MG taking his spot.

POWER

F Gray - Dixon - Marshall
HF Orazio - Georgiades - Butters
C Duursma - Wines - Amon
HB DBJ - Aliir - Houston
B Jonas - Clurey - Burton
R Lycett - Boak - Rozee
INT Ladhams - SPP - Hartlett - Williams

Magpies

F Woodcock - ???? - ????
HF Motlop - ????? - Farrell
C Mayes - Schofield - Burgoyne
HB Jones - Pasini - Bonner
B Garner - McKenzie - Frederick
R Hayes - Rockliff - Drew
Int Lienert - Bergman - mead

No idea who backs up at ruck for the magpies and also plays tall forward.

think we cant fit all of ladhams, marshall, dixon and MG in the power team as MG and marshall are very mobile.

we have some genuine depth now which is nice! plenty of pressure for spots!

B - McKenzie, Jonas, Clurey
HB - Burton, Aliir, DBJ
C - Houston, Wines, Duursma
R - Lycett, Boak, SPP
HF - Rozee, Ladams, Butters
F - Georgiades, Dixon, Gray
INT - Amon, Hartlett, Rockliff, Marshall

As much as I love to see the new recruits get a spot, they've got to earn it. I put Fantasia in that mix also, and I hope he's able to push someone like Amon or Rockliff out, not that I think they're not good enough.
This line-up pretty much fell just short of a premiership this year so I think bar from Ebo and Westy retiring, we were already pretty much playing our best 22. If the untested recruits of 2019-2021 (Bergman, Williams, etc.) prove to be good, we'll have a ton of depth and the best 22 will slowly and smoothly transition over the next 2-5 years.

Like to see Mead step into Rocky's role when he earns it.

I would like to see Ken make Todd earn his spot, his selection towards the end of the season was debatable at least. I can see MG taking his spot.

Todd is also only 22. For a tall that’s like a first year mid. But yep - big breakout year needed for Todd. I’d give him every opportunity, after a big pre season, he is still way ahead of Georgiades.

I want MG to get games though - has the potential to be a star - perhaps he might just take Eberts spot though. He is only 3cms taller than Ebo, and there has been a little bit of commentary suggesting he could be a mid one day.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm a Houston fan, but I reckon he needs to find another level to get more mid minutes.

For mine, SPP, Butters and Robbie would be ahead of him as the secondary midfielders.

I agree with this.
In your best 22 however you have 8 defenders- Hartlett, Jonas, Burton, Houston, DBJ, Clurey, McKenzie and Aliir. Do you intend to bring Jones into your best 22 also when he is drafted? I just don't like the mix of 8 defenders in our 22, never lone 9!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this.
In your best 22 however you have 8 defenders- Hartlett, Jonas, Burton, Houston, DBJ, Clurey, McKenzie and Aliir. Do you intend to bring Jones into your best 22 also when he is drafted? I just don't like the mix of 8 defenders in our 22, never lone 9!
If Jones comes in then I reckon Clurey might be in trouble. Also Burton isn't reliable fitness wise.

Big year ahead for Hayes. This should be the year he cracks the 22 and will provide a big target in the forward line when resting there too.

Going to be interesting to see how they manage Lycett, Ladhams and Hayes when all fit.
Hayes should crack the 22, but it's will Ken have the guts to drop Lycett at times for him?

With our plethora of half backs and Jones coming in, I'd look at playing Burton in the forward line and dbj in the guts

FWIW.
(depends on whether we end up with a Magpies side or not tbh).

Burton to slot into the Power best 22 - IF he gets his body right.
MG to battle it out with Marshall for the "3rd tall in attack" role across the course of the season.
6 others from the Maggies line up already with AFL experience - depth!
Williams, Hayes and Mead potentially each play some AFL next season.

Magpies need a genuine goalkicking KPF, a back-up ruckman, a midfield general (like Sutcliffe and Trengrove provided), and a couple of speed merchants/good disposal types in the guts.

Hopefully we get fewer restrictions on our top ups - we probably need around 15 (decent - not hacks) contracted players, to cater for both injuries to the Magpies' side plus the effect of covering for the AFL side's injury list as well.
Goldsack as captain.

Power
Ladhams Dixon Gray
Butters Marshall SPP
Amon Wines Duursma
Houston Aliir Hartlett
DBJ McKenzie Jonas (capt)
1R: Lycett Rozee Boak
Int: Clurey Bergman Rockliff Fantasia
Magpies
Williams - Motlop
Burgoyne,T MG Woodcock
Bonner Drew Farrell
Burton Goldsack Frederick
Lienert Pasini Garner
1R: Hayes Mayes Mead,J
Int: Jones? Schofield? draftee? draftee?

F Gray Dixon Butters
HF Motlop Marshall Rozee
C Duursma Boak Amon
HB Byrne-Jones Aliir Houston
B Hartlett Clurey Jonas

RK Lycett Wines Rockliff
Int Ladhams, Powell-Pepper, Burton, Fantasia

Magpies
F Burgoyne Georgiades Woodcock
HF Williams top-up Farrell
C Schofield Mead Mayes
HB Bonner McKenzie Garner
B Frederick Pasini Lienert
RK Hayes Jones Drew
Int Bergman, Goldsack, draftee, draftee

I like Marshall's 1%ers. He's good below his knee and with his hands just hasn't had a clean run without his off-field issues or injuries a part from the start of 2018 when he started the season really well. Looked down on confidence after this injury this year. Needs a big preseason this year but I really do feel his best role is as lead up / link up forward. If he can work his ass off roaming up and down the wings to provide a target for the kick out of defense and be a key role helping our offensive transition then he could be very important as it can allow Dixon and Georgie to stay deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back