AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to the debate next August of whether or not we should keep him after 6 games of AFL and VFL apiece with 8 weeks worth of injuries along the way

I look forward to the debate next August of whether or not we should keep him after 6 games of AFL and VFL apiece with 8 weeks worth of injuries along the way

Depends; does he get injured half-way through a game (again) where he finally looks the goods (again)? If so, then yes.

Depends; does he get injured half-way through a game (again) where he finally looks the goods (again)? If so, then yes.
You're a masochist.

Probably a bit lucky that this draft pool is so untried.

Can't imagine he stays on the list beyond 2021 if he has a similar season to all of them.
FTFY

Would have to be make or break. Tremendously unlucky with injuries.
Giving him a one year deal is probably a smarter play than picking up a pick 80odd this year in a speculative and compromised 2020 draft that you have to give a 2 year deal to.

If he doesnt come good we delist him next year and get an extra pick in a stronger draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight will be the first decent night's sleep I've had in 6 months.

Hopefully this coincides with Townsend's de-listing.

Don't we only have 4 list spots available? You'd think someone else will need to be delisted if we're going to select 5 players in the draft.

Just hope this guy can avoid injuries. Has never really had a proper run at it and has shown enough glimpses to get an extension, especially with our forward line deficiencies. Would have thought this is his final chance though.

Someone that whilst didn't get a run at it and that is a shame, should probably have been delisted. I'm happy for him, but this is a mistake.

Pre COVID I would have said hang onto him, but with list spots being an absolute premium I think you cut the cord and take a shot at someone else, especially when the delisted players pool is going to be rather large with players that may fill a specific need on the list.

Its not as if he was lighting the world on fire, he showed some promising signs that he could find the football and show AFL level intent, but he also blazed away, made dumb decisions and cannot kick for goal. Two of those three can be down to inexperience at AFL level, but what does holding him for another year achieve?

Someone that whilst didn't get a run at it and that is a shame, should probably have been delisted. I'm happy for him, but this is a mistake.

Pre COVID I would have said hang onto him, but with list spots being an absolute premium I think you cut the cord and take a shot at someone else, especially when the delisted players pool is going to be rather large with players that may fill a specific need on the list.

Its not as if he was lighting the world on fire, he showed some promising signs that he could find the football and show AFL level intent, but he also blazed away, made dumb decisions and cannot kick for goal. Two of those three can be down to inexperience at AFL level, but what does holding him for another year achieve?

I think keeping Lav and moving Townsend on is the play.

I know he had sind sydn that foot injury, but what were his previous ones?
AC joint during the Geelong game in his second year, like round 3? Then a rare ankle injury after he landed on it funny pretty much as soon as he got back from the AC joint. I think that was also against Geelong. This year was a high ankle sprain (syndesmosis 😛 ). In between I think there's been some soft tissue with hamstrings or something as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back