List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Wilkie still listed as a rookie or did we up him last year ?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Still listed as a rookie. Does anyone know the restrictions on rookie contracts? I know they are 1 year but are they locked to a dollar amount and limited extensions? After his first year I would think it insane Wilkie being paid base rookie wages and another club not offering him decent coin to move.

So now Phillips is gone and talk that Savage is on his way to the Giant's
out Phillips - Langlands - Mayo - Brown - Parker - Austin - Savage - Abbott -Bell
in Crouch - Higgins - McKernan

If Savage goes it will make 9 out - leaving us with a squad of 38 ,
no doubt Joyce and Alabakis will be kept as B - rookies allowing 2 listed players and another rookie.
That's if they are running with 38 listed players and 3 rookies
Joyce was senior listed for 2020, he can be delisted and re-drafted to the normal rookie list, but he can't be listed as a B rookie again.

@Nutsngum - There are minimum $$$ standards for rookie contracts set out in the CBA, but there isn't a set $$$ ceiling, nor are clubs restricted to signing rookies for only 1 year - Wilkie re-signed for 2 years in 2019. The only real restrictions on rookies are that you can't keep a player on the RL for more than 3 consecutive years without delisting and re-drafting them (technically you can do this for the B rookies as well but it requires special AFL dispensation) and b) if you recruit 2 Irish guys, only 1 can be placed on the B list.

Last edited:
i suspect dunstan and dmac are being saved because of a legacy contract. roberton would be gone if not for the contract.
Yeah they are being saved from being part of the mix because they are contracted but, like Carlisle and Lonie, if they were out of contract they would be finding that other clubs won't be offering anything spectacular in terms of $'s and contract length.

So then they would be like Lonie and Carlisle (and probably Savage), either accept substantially less to stay at St Kilda or take the chance that they may not get picked anywhere and then end on the dole.

I'm thinking lower base salaries with higher match and other trigger payments will become the standard for the middle ranking players.

We delisted Parker once we knew Higgins had committed to come to us. Philips delisted and possible Sav and Lonie gone tells me we have 1 or 2 DFAs lined up. With 1st list lodgement due by the end of this week, I think we might have someone lined up.

So with DFAs, do we find out who we are chasing with list lodgement on Friday & if so, when are we able to get that said player/players?
Or are they taken during the draft period?

Sainters probably signing 2 x DFA's. One already mentioned. The other 50/50 and is under 25.

15344929734686.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we need a smarmy comment every time Johnny posts fellas.

Reading between the lines, it's like shooting bambi.

Hey, W2L you don't like my ITK news, I will just share it only with Risky via PM from now on.

Disagree on your second line, in my opinion the posters isn't like Coops, but is very aware of the troll he is doing. Has been doing it at a different forum for years and has been banned there by Simon a number of times.

If he gets triggered and reacts to any of my posts, that is something for him to consider.

As for shooting bambi, I prefer to shoot the mother ;)

I figured it out guys.

We're gonna take Heath Shaw as a DFA in a straight swap with Savage.

:derp:

Rekon we sign Frawley and that Gallucci is the "under 25".

Hugh Goddard coming back would be funny though.

As above Chips is a done deal
Jake was shopped and no one wanted him , is on a very cheap one year deal
Ed Phillips was the only player they didn't want to delist out of the group that went , its all about salary cap.
They are stoked to get Higgins and Crouch and are extremely bullish about next year .

As above Chips is a done deal
Jake was shopped and no one wanted him , is on a very cheap one year deal
Ed Phillips was the only player they didn't want to delist out of the group that went , its all about salary cap.
They are stoked to get Higgins and Crouch and are extremely bullish about next year .
How do you know?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back