2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason McCartney?
Buggar, you beat me to it.

Damn, some of the stuff coming out about Collingwood is absolutely nuts - Buckley telling Treloar his teammates wanted him gone, leadership group left to take the blame, Harvey and Sanderson not seeing eye to eye as assistant coaches etc. Surely the writing's on the wall for Buckley and apparently club members are trying to petition for an emergency board meeting to explain the recent player firesale and other questionable decisions.

Also heard that they moved on their club psychologist Daryl Marchant - I'm guessing this is due to covid funding constraints, but this has apparently upset a few players too.

Figured this had to be the case, which was why it was heartening to get a few wins at the end of the seasons.
I think more hidden lies at the pies If anyone finds the podcast on 6pr last night or whoooshka to this below please tag me as no wonder west coast smashed the pies when bucks went outside the hub to moliks house for a shag ....
My mate just text me he caught the end of Hardie on 6pr saying if the collingwood debacle truth comes out it will rock tha Afl to the core.
Anyone hear the whole thing or any idea what it could be?
Heard Buckley wasn't actually playing tennis with Sanderson and Molik, but instead Buckley and Molik were getting "close" and Sanderson is good friends with Buckley so accepted some of the blame.

I think more hidden lies at the pies If anyone finds the podcast on 6pr last night or whoooshka to this below please tag me as no wonder west coast smashed the pies when bucks went outside the hub to moliks house for a shag ....

Heard Buckley wasn't actually playing tennis with Sanderson and Molik, but instead Buckley and Molik were getting "close" and Sanderson is good friends with Buckley so accepted some of the blame.
And yet the AFL accepted Collingwood's lies and did nothing to sanction them properly.
If it had been us - we would have been immediately banned form the competition and would have zero draft picks right now.

And yet the AFL accepted Collingwood's lies and did nothing to sanction them properly.
If it had been us - we would have been immediately banned form the competition and would have zero draft picks right now.
It was in the Front and Centre with Brad Hardie & Kim Hagdorn. A coach leaving the hub breaking covid rules for a shag with player's being pissed off before getting smashed by the Eagles. 4th player in the mixed doubles is an invisible no named ghost.

Last edited:

afl in cahoots - if it was North or Saints or Adelaide, AFL would have smashed them

Collingwood have literally avoided salary cap sanctions by getting rid of Treloar and Stephenson - afl told them to fix it and that's what they've done

You know last night I was lying in bed not being able to sleep and I couldn't for the life of me recall who North's last coach was. Could only think of Dean Laidley.
It was a forgettable decade in charge

AFL are ******* around with rule changes again :mad:

Interchanges down to 75
No lateral movement when manning the mark
Kick ins at 15m instead of 10m

However we're likely to return to 20 minute quarters.

Reducing the interchange cap will supposedly "reduce congestion" and open up the game for higher scoring. My opinion is it will increase the amount of congestion as players won't be able to spread as easily, which has been the case since the cap was introduced and tightened

AFL are ******* around with rule changes again :mad:

Interchanges down to 75
No lateral movement when manning the mark
Kick ins at 15m instead of 10m

However we're likely to return to 20 minute quarters.

Reducing the interchange cap will supposedly "reduce congestion" and open up the game for higher scoring. My opinion is it will increase the amount of congestion as players won't be able to spread as easily, which has been the case since the cap was introduced and tightened
No lateral movement is going to result in about a million 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

banning lateral movement makes no sense. It should have 0 impact assuming rules were actually policed correctly previously.

Reducing the interchange cap increases congestion, we've seen that over and over again.

God these people are ******* dumb.

It was a forgettable decade in charge

Imagine being the twin that went to North Melbourne rather than Geelong. Drawing the real ******* short straw there.

No difference between their quality as coaches yet one went to a top tier side and has been able to coast for his entire time as head coach. While the other went to one of the most under resourced sides in the competition and had his mediocrity exposed.

No lateral movement is going to result in about a million 50s.

It’ll hurt Port. They were elite at manning the mark in 2020.

Ken will struggle to get one of his assistants to come up with another idea for him... much like Port’s game plan suffered when Westhoff couldn’t flood back or Wines couldn’t go third man up while Ryder held the opposition ruckman.

Our “defence” also improved later in the season when we started “channeling” on the mark to force teams wide and protecting the middle.

I assume they’ll enforce no shepherding the man on the mark too?

banning lateral movement makes no sense. It should have 0 impact assuming rules were actually policed correctly previously.

Reducing the interchange cap increases congestion, we've seen that over and over again.

Yep, no trial, go just for it during the season.

Where's the evidence this will result as desired? Lucky Steven Hocking isn't in charge of the covid vaccine.

The lateral movement change could possibly be the dumbest rule change ever......

And the cap theory is horrid. It'll lead to more congestion or just sideways and backwards kicks.

Every player just needs to run off the Mark. The guy manning the mark will be flat footed.
Haha manning the mark for Ben Brown will be fun...Brown has a longer run up than Michael Holding at his peak.

Players cutting off the corridor kick proactively.

how? As long as the player isn't advancing past the mark the corridor kick is still open, you just can't play on and do it quite so easily under current rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back