Past #15: Atu Bosenavulagi - drafted #77 '18 ND by CFC - traded to NM as part of Stepho/BBB deal - 8 NM games/1 NM goal

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all for injecting a bit of speed...

tenor.gif

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
It's just the awful pinstripes I promise.....

I hope so.

Most underwhelmed looking recruit since Jy Simpkin (I've said something like this before) had a face like someone had just told him that little ding to the rear door he copped was going to cost $8k to fix up when we drafted him.

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope so.

Most underwhelmed looking recruit since Jy Simpkin (I've said something like this before) had a face like someone had just told him that little ding to the rear door he copped was going to cost $8k to fix up when we drafted him.

Yeah Jy thought he was being sent to Prison when drafted to us I think.

Hopefully Atu the same though and all ends well!

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

This kid has swagger.

Very different type of small forward to Mahoney or Turner.

Boom-bust type.

If we drafted him and saw that video we'd all be wiping our nuts.

Big opportunity for him because that player in that video is what we're desperate for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL trades 2020: Atu Bosenavulagi reveals he wanted to stay at Collingwood before North Melbourne deal
The West Australian
Sat, 21 November 2020

A third ex-Collingwood player has spoken about his shock exit from the club, telling fans he “wanted to stay”.
Atu Bosenavulagi was offloaded as part of the highly publicised Jaidyn Stephenson move to North Melbourne after managing three games for the Pies.
Speaking to SEN, Bosenavulagi said his future was up in the air at Collingwood with no new deal offered.

“I got offered to play at North a month before the trade,” he revealed.

“I had a few weeks to think and Collingwood hadn’t offered me a contract yet, so I was up in the air.

“I wanted to stay ... at the end I chose what was best for me.

“I obviously wanted to get more of a run and I thought I’d have more of a chance if I went to North.”

Stephenson has widely spoken about how he was forced to call coach Nathan Buckley to try and find out if the trade rumours were true.

But Bosenavulagi says he enjoyed his two years at Collingwood after arriving as pick 77 in the 2018 Draft.

“It was obviously hard to get your spot and keep your spot in the team,” the Fijian said.

“But it was definitely a great experience for me.

“I learnt a lot professionally from the leaders like Scott Pendlebury and those guys who really helped me a lot and developed myself on and off the field.”

The forward is set to compete for Ben Brown’s vacant role at the Kangaroos in 2021, and said he is looking forward to the challenge.

“Seeing North having a lot of young players and good leadership there I just thought I’d like to be a part of it,” he said.

“I definitely want to show what I can do so I guess that’s why I took the opportunity to go to North.”

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
"The forward is set to compete for Ben Brown’s vacant role at the Kangaroos in 2021, and said he is looking forward to the challenge."

?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back