2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL are ******* around with rule changes again :mad:

Interchanges down to 75
No lateral movement when manning the mark
Kick ins at 15m instead of 10m

However we're likely to return to 20 minute quarters.

Reducing the interchange cap will supposedly "reduce congestion" and open up the game for higher scoring. My opinion is it will increase the amount of congestion as players won't be able to spread as easily, which has been the case since the cap was introduced and tightened
So the way Nicks has our guys man the mark way on the inside - nowhere near where the ball was marked, restricting the play-on to the middle - that will be illegal in 2021?

<EDIT> can you swap men on the mark to hand over? Or is the person on the mark stuck there? Stupid change ... creates soooo much rubbish.

Only lasted 1 year at Glenelg before signing for the crows as an assistant.

Yeah, having told the Glenelg faithful the night he was introduced to them that he wasn’t just using the job to get back into the AFL.

Everyone there on the night clapped when he said that. Including me.

It still amazes me that any Port flog can argue against the deliberate out of bounds decision. He scoops it out of bounds on the full. It's just a bone head play.

He’s probably claiming that he was scooping it to one of the other Port players, neither of whom made ANY attempt to actually go after the ball :D

Haha manning the mark for Ben Brown will be fun...Brown has a longer run up than Michael Holding at his peak.
I don’t think it’s manning the mark for set shots which is the issue.

As Tredders said this arvo, just admit you went all in for a flag, didn't quite catch it but blew the cap apart. Everyone knows it anyway, why try and spin your way out.

agreed but Jesus there’s all in and there’s all in

Sign Treloar for megabucks for 5 years then dump him after one?

Surely someone’s head has to roll

Haha manning the mark for Ben Brown will be fun...Brown has a longer run up than Michael Holding at his peak.
They should go back the same distance and meet in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should go back the same distance and meet in the middle.
I was hoping Ben Brown would be traded to the Swans as he could combine kicking out from goals with kicking for goals...

You know last night I was lying in bed not being able to sleep and I couldn't for the life of me recall who North's last coach was. Could only think of Dean Laidley.
Its "Dani" now.

Former AFL player and coach Dani Laidley gets backing from ex-teammates in court
Former AFL coach Dani Laidley has received extra support in court as she avoided a conviction over stalking allegations.

Former AFL coach and champion player Dani Laidley admitted to stalking but avoided a criminal record as former teammates backed the premiership player.

Ms Laidley appeared using an audio link in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Wednesday for a hearing over the stalking allegation.
It was revealed last week the 53-year-old had been through a gender transition and now identified as a woman.
She sent texts, took photos of the victim’s car and apartment, put flowers on the car and repeatedly called the woman between April 25 and May 2, the court was told.
Ms Laidley called the victim 43 times between 12.28am and 8.24pm on May 2, according to a summary read in court.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we have a current/former afl player coming out as transgender but we still have yet to have any former/current player as gay?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Its "Dani" now.

Former AFL player and coach Dani Laidley gets backing from ex-teammates in court
Former AFL coach Dani Laidley has received extra support in court as she avoided a conviction over stalking allegations.

Former AFL coach and champion player Dani Laidley admitted to stalking but avoided a criminal record as former teammates backed the premiership player.

Ms Laidley appeared using an audio link in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Wednesday for a hearing over the stalking allegation.
It was revealed last week the 53-year-old had been through a gender transition and now identified as a woman.
She sent texts, took photos of the victim’s car and apartment, put flowers on the car and repeatedly called the woman between April 25 and May 2, the court was told.
Ms Laidley called the victim 43 times between 12.28am and 8.24pm on May 2, according to a summary read in court.
I had no idea that this happened. I really don't follow North Melbourne at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
And it's not like he left to a Queensland club, he's still in Melbourne so I'm not sure how that makes sense

His wife has only signed a one year deal I believe - whereas wherever Treloar went he was going to have a 4-5 year deal. So assuming they want to settle permanently in Vic why would they uproot everything? Also netball season runs for about 5 months so Kim would only be up there for half of one year
Poor media management by Collingwood. Staying silent only makes things worse - surely they have seen the stellar results we have achieved with media coverage by not getting on the front foot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why are people so paranoid about zones ......they want to change every other aspect of the game; shorter corners, even 16 a side .....they change holding the ball / incorrect disposal more often than I change underwear

1605736589671.png

Do people realize we created a zone in football in 1973 .....originally a diamond, it was subsequently changed to a square

Interestingly, the reason for the introduction of the square:

After the game Barassi and Carlton ruckman John Nicholls endorsed the move, with Barassi telling The Age that if the rule was brought in it would "make scoring easier and bring about more positive play."

SOME SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO ENCOURAGE SCORING
1925-1938: Free kick awarded against player who kicked or forced the ball out of bounds.
1969: Free kick awarded against players who kick the ball out of bounds on the full.

1859-1876: After the ball passed behind the goal line, it had to be kicked in directly towards the opposite goal by a member of the defending team from any part of a line drawn 20 yards from, and parallel to the goal line. In 1877 the line was reduced to 10 metres from the goal line.
1973: Centre diamond introduced.
1975: Centre diamond becomes centre square.

Once one player does it, it will probably be a flood.

Probably not. Most AFL footballers just go on and live ordinary lives after their elite careers conclude. They don't remain famous like an Ian Thorpe does. Think the vast majority of gay ex-players will just continue living their lives without the need or even opportunity to publicly declare their sexuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back