Josh Dunkley
Seb Ross
Rory Sloane
Conor rozze
Dayne zorko
Brodie Grundy
Jeremy finlayson

Patrick Dangerfield

Needs to erase the grand final performance and perform better in big match situations.

Too entrenched now. It's more his kicking is erratic as opposed to poor anyway.

He needs a better season, but he's never going to be told that because I doubt anyone at the club is willing to acknowledge his 2020 was less than flawless.

Interesting take.

One of the things I admire about Dusty is that, according to the comments of others at the club, he's always looking for what he did wrong and how he can do better, then working on what he finds. Good for him, but also a big push for those around him.

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Jaidyn Stephenson
Tom Mcdonald
Josh Caddy
Dyson Heppell
Sam day
Paddy Dow
Stephen Hill
Tom Scully
Lance Franklin
Luke Shuey
Jeremy Cameron
Josh Dunkley
Seb Ross
Rory Sloane
Conor rozze
Dayne zorko
Brodie Grundy
Jeremy finlayson
Zorko was fantastic last year even though he carried an injury for the whole year

Bicko

Team Captain
Nov 11, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Daniel Rioli for me, played an excellent game in the prelim against GWS in 17, and I thought hear we go, but he has never really been anywhere near that performance since. I know Richmond has a system and he plays his role but we need more from him.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I'd say Naish & EGG are fighting over Houli's spot with him winding down. Both were probably behind Markov, but with him gone, the contest between the two will be interesting. The loser will either move on to another club (if there are takers) or remain as depth until a new kid comes along.

Caddy is the interesting one...Too good to be in the 2s, but really just can't find a spot. They tried to make a wingman of him last year, but he just didn't have the speed/stamina for it. Will another pre season help him there, or is there another spot he'd be better suited to?
Yeh Caddy for me is a bit of a square peg in a round hole, he's obviously AFL quality but he just doesn't fit us right now.

Egg for me is too weak defensively to be a long term HBF, but maybe that can be improved?
Naish for is a winger for the same reasons, but I haven't seen him play defence so maybe he can also improve?

All Aust

Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Pickett nominated by a number of Tiger supporters...wow. Did you guys not see the grunt work he did in the finals? He's far from what most thought would be a flashy player. His hard running and grunt work was key for us.

Agree re Caddy.
Pickett is an acquired taste. TV coverage doesn't really do his role in the game too much justice IMO.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
Pickett is an acquired taste. TV coverage doesn't really do his role in the game too much justice IMO.

You could actually say the same about Rioli, Lambert, Castagna, McIntosh. The structure they provide and the hard running and pressure is key to our flags. That list is the most unassuming 2/3 times premiership players. The role they played though was critical.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
De Goey. Would like him to play more than 5 quarters of good footy this year.

Hasn't progressed at all in the last two seasons. Needs a big one to justify what he wants $$$ wise.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
You could actually say the same about Rioli, Lambert, Castagna, McIntosh. The structure they provide and the hard running and pressure is key to our flags. That list is the most unassuming 2/3 times premiership players. The role they played though was critical.

I would say though McIntosh has slowly progressed from pure role player to very reliable footballer now. His kicking has improved a hell of a lot, and he's a big winger. Not an easy guy to stop or escape from.

nineteen eighty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TIGERS
I would say though McIntosh has slowly progressed from pure role player to very reliable footballer now. His kicking has improved a hell of a lot, and he's a big winger. Not an easy guy to stop or escape from.

His kicking was genuinely woeful. He's worked hard at his game and his wing is key for us in our structure. His up and down running is excellent. Someone like Naish could easily come through and take his wing. McIntosh has application though and that's not something everyone has.

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'll try something different and nominate one from each club:

Adelaide - Jeez this is tough... maybe Chayce Jones?
Brisbane - Hipwood. Feel like he's still showing glimpses. Daniher as a 2nd.
Carlton - Cripps. Controversial but if Carlton want to play finals he needs to be better than 2020. McGovern as a close 2nd.
Collingwood - Sidebottom. Let the club down this year, needs to repay the faith. De Goey as a close 2nd.
Essendon - Stringer
Fremantle - Fyfe if they want to play finals.
GWS - Coniglio. Self explanatory really.
Gold Coast - Ben King
Geelong - Jezza Cameron
Hawks - Scully
Melbourne - Benny Brown
North - Ziebell
Port - Another tough one as most of their players performed... maybe Rozee??
Richmond - Daniel Rioli or Sydney Stack
Sydney - Franklin and Heeney
St Kilda - Billings or Gresham
West Coast - Tim Kelly
Western Bulldogs - Internally we would like to see a big season from Bailey Dale. Bruce as a mainstay best 22 needs to lift.

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
His kicking was genuinely woeful. He's worked hard at his game and his wing is key for us in our structure. His up and down running is excellent. Someone like Naish could easily come through and take his wing. McIntosh has application though and that's not something everyone has.

Reckon he'll be the kind of guy who can rest easy when he retires knowing he's absolutely given 100% of himself. Can't ask for more than that.

Particularly as last year it looked like he'd lost his spot. Found a way to get it back.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
I'll try something different and nominate one from each club:

Adelaide - Jeez this is tough... maybe Chayce Jones?
Brisbane - Hipwood. Feel like he's still showing glimpses. Daniher as a 2nd.
Carlton - Cripps. Controversial but if Carlton want to play finals he needs to be better than 2020. McGovern as a close 2nd.
Collingwood - Sidebottom. Let the club down this year, needs to repay the faith. De Goey as a close 2nd.
Essendon - Stringer
Fremantle - Fyfe if they want to play finals.
GWS - Coniglio. Self explanatory really.
Gold Coast - Ben King
Geelong - Jezza Cameron
Hawks - Scully
Melbourne - Benny Brown
North - Ziebell
Port - Another tough one as most of their players performed... maybe Rozee??
Richmond - Daniel Rioli or Sydney Stack
Sydney - Franklin and Heeney
St Kilda - Billings or Gresham
West Coast - Tim Kelly
Western Bulldogs - Internally we would like to see a big season from Bailey Dale. Bruce as a mainstay best 22 needs to lift.

Sorry but I don't get this one. Surely if Freo want to play finals they need almost anyone else on our list to have a big year? Can't get much more from Fyfe than what they're getting the past few years.

Choogler

Senior List
Nov 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Shuey?

He is 30 years old and will go down as one of our greatest ever players irregardless of what he does from here. I couldnt think of anyone at our club that doesnt need a big year moreso.

Eagles one is obvious as all buggery in Tim Kelly. He was poor this year and probably not in our top 3 midfielders for the season. Needs to lift big time to justify his wage
Kelly will be OK, he was the guy most teams locked down on this year because the absence of Yeo and Shuey for large chunks of the season meant they could. With their return and, and the recruitment of Witherden, expect to see ongoing development of Duggan in a mid role next season. This will create a different mid-field dynamic and release some of the pressure on Kelly.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Sorry but I don't get this one. Surely if Freo want to play finals they need almost anyone else on our list to have a big year? Can't get much more from Fyfe than what they're getting the past few years.

Yep, what more can you ask of a player who has “carried the team on his shoulders”, for a number of years. If he lifted anymore, you may as well just give him another Brownlow by mid season.

I see Lobb & Walters as two that need big seasons. Lobb to lose the jitters and keep clunking marks. Walters to get back to AA form, and lift the forwards around him.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yep, what more can you ask of a player who has “carried the team on his shoulders”, for a number of years. If he lifted anymore, you may as well just give him another Brownlow by mid season.

I see Lobb & Walters as two that need big seasons. Lobb to lose the jitters and keep clunking marks. Walters to get back to AA form, and lift the forwards around him.
The last two games of the season shows that Walter's just has to admit that he best serves the team in the forward line. The guy directly leads to us scoring more when he's down there.

Jan 10, 2020
Western Suburbs, Melb.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints:

I'd say for us it'd be Rowan Marshall.
Had a phenomenal year in 2019, and a good but slightly less impressive 2020 as Paddy Ryder came and halved his ruck time.
Paddy was amazing and Marshall did well in the ruck and up forward but I feel like if he continues to take steps like in 2019 he will be a real barometer for the Saints in 2021 and lift games, especially rotating forward or around the ground taking contested marks.

Mention to Billings, as he has the capacity to be great but in my opinion plodded along a little this year. Hoping that left boot causes some more damage next year.

And Hannebery. If he can stay on the park and keep getting some more mid time, his leadership and footy nous will justify his sizeable contract.

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
For the Cats:
Obviously Higgins, Cameron and Smith would be up there but I think we can assume roughly what sort of level they will produce.

Parfitt made the step up from promising to contributor this year. He can build on that further and become one of our elite players. He needs to.

Jake Kolodjashnij I believe has a lot of tools to become a really strong defender but he's benefitted so far from playing behind Stewart, Taylor, Blicavs, Tuohy etc and the time has come for him to become a key man.

What about Rohan ? I don’t get how he is so highly regarded .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Pickett nominated by a number of Tiger supporters...wow. Did you guys not see the grunt work he did in the finals? He's far from what most thought would be a flashy player. His hard running and grunt work was key for us.

Agree re Caddy.

Yep his GF , again , was fantastic. A physical force . Maybe tigers should better focus on Castagsba . A cat . UN droppable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
What about Rohan ? I don’t get how he is so highly regarded .

Either do I.
Many of our supporters crap on about him being a good mark who helps open up our forward line due to his blistering pace. Very important cog in the team.
In reality, he's fragile who has never been able to play consistently good footy when it's come to the business end of the season.
I think many who said he was important have finally seen the light after yet another woeful finals campaign.

Sydney stack and CCJ

Back