Official Match Thread Season 30 First Elimination Final: Gumbies FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at The House of Gumby

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Budapest would have been the highlight on my trip to Europe last year.

A few of the things that I'd recommend if you haven't done them yet.

Caving under Budapest - need to be somewhat fit and not claustrophobic or scared of the dark
Shooting range if that's your thing to shoot a .50 cal
Langos burger from the Karavan street food market was amazing as well

I'd definitely go back there.

South Korea is good too
I'm a little claustrophobic but sure I could manage.

Thanks for the tips, sounds like you've been around the world a bit too!

Caving under Budapest - need to be somewhat fit and not claustrophobic or scared of the dark

South Korea is good too
It’s really underrated. Great food, great culture. Great vibe to the city.

Reminds me a little of Gumbania, except for no kick-ass Sweet FA team.

I'm a little claustrophobic but sure I could manage.

Thanks for the tips, sounds like you've been around the world a bit too!

Could be playing wearing a band aid this week as I sliced my finger cutting an onion.
Courage.
This is what we do Gumbies.

Could be playing wearing a band aid this week as I sliced my finger cutting an onion.
Courage.
This is what we do Gumbies.
I like it. Give yourself a handicap to bring your god-like status back to the main field to keep it fresh and challenging.

You will still kick 6!

View attachment 1014327

View attachment 1014328

Las Vegas Bears

OFFICIAL TEAM Sheet 1st Elimination Final v Gumbies FFC

B:
Bipolarbear - Test Tickle - hilly
HB: kane249 - Art Vandelay_ - CarterS
C: tony - Cap - guero
HF: MWPP - Millky95 - RookiePick
F: Jezmiester40 - Metalcrusher - Tommycash
Foll: Muddiemoose - I Dont Care - Matera92
INT: Fizzler - xenxen

CHANGES:
Art Vandelay_ OUT to CHB
CarterS HFF to HBF
tony HBF to W
MWPP CHB to HFF
RookiePick HFF to HFF
Muddiemoose W to Ru
U2tigers Ru to OUT
Fizzler OUT to INT
Its Manbearpig INT to OUT

Who is that new good looking ruck
2DB48A01-9E96-4222-BC59-66EC843E1DEE.png

I like it. Give yourself a handicap to bring your god-like status back to the main field to keep it fresh and challenging.

You will still kick 6!
Just thinking actually that with us likely playing 4 finals 100 goals is not out of the question for me.
It’s highly likely actually.

Just thinking actually that with us likely playing 4 finals 100 goals is not out of the question for me.
It’s highly likely actually.

i can foresee you being the number 1 this week in your own media thread.

South Korea is good too
Budapest is high on my list.
If allowed, I'm hoping to go to Berlin, Prague, Budapest and Croatia next year

croatia is awesome, more and better islands than Greece.

Aww this travel talk is bittersweet :)
One thing I’m incredibly grateful for is being able to travel in December - January
-went to the UK, Finland and Iceland (the latter two for the first time), and had bucket list items ticked off
Christmas this year will look very different to last year’s Christmas and might even be just another day , but at least the end is in sight
I’m a kiwi citizen so apparently that makes me exempt from their restrictions on entering NZ but just because I technically can go to NZ doesn’t mean I should. I love NZ though.
But most of all, I love WA and am homesick
Until I‘m home the focus will continue to be on local getaways
-done a couple of day /overnight trips to other parts of regional Victoria over the last few weekends before finally seeing family in Melbourne last weekend , and it has been glorious

i can foresee you being the number 1 this week in your own media thread.
Na mate it’s all changed.
When I did the kiss of death thread it ****ed my own Qooty.
This one has made me a match winner.

Maybe we should just let Rodney Dangerfield and MWPP battle it out mano a mano. I mean they're both handicapped: one's got a cut finger and the other is a Kiwi.
Maybe next time. Genghis Tron has wanted to take me on a couple of times this year but I played on Baz so making the most of this third and final chance :)
(oh and I’d take a cut finger right now. Beats what I actually have)

It’s really underrated. Great food, great culture. Great vibe to the city.

Reminds me a little of Gumbania, except for no kick-ass Sweet FA team.

I think you could spend a good 5 or 6 days there. Baths, history, culture, walks and food all over.

Vienna might be worthy of a day trip between Budapest > Prague.

Aww this travel talk is bittersweet :)
One thing I’m incredibly grateful for is being able to travel in December - January
-went to the UK, Finland and Iceland (the latter two for the first time), and had bucket list items ticked off
Christmas this year will look very different to last year’s Christmas and might even be just another day , but at least the end is in sight
I’m a kiwi citizen so apparently that makes me exempt from their restrictions on entering NZ but just because I technically can go to NZ doesn’t mean I should. I love NZ though.
But most of all, I love WA and am homesick
Until I‘m home the focus will continue to be on local getaways
-done a couple of day /overnight trips to other parts of regional Victoria over the last few weekends before finally seeing family in Melbourne last weekend , and it has been glorious

Planning holidays is a great distraction and the worst part, if it can be called that, is trying to work out where to go and the itinerary! Local holidays are a great idea as well.

Based on this logic you better run out in a nappy on Sunday.

How do you think Rodders can keep practicing all day without ever going to the bathroom?! Those shorts are extra baggy for a reason

I think you could spend a good 5 or 6 days there. Baths, history, culture, walks and food all over.

Vienna might be worthy of a day trip between Budapest > Prague.

Planning holidays is a great distraction and the worst part, if it can be called that, is trying to work out where to go and the itinerary! Local holidays are a great idea as well.
Did Vienna last time I was there.
We are actually going to go to my mates wives hometown in Czech.

At their wedding her family and friends are so welcoming.

My mate and I are running Berlin marathon (compulsory to mention), once they found out we going and hoping to swing through, they have insisted on arranging a bit of a gathering for us there (I'd say party, but it is a couple days of activities), it is actually the part of the trip Im most looking forward to.

Mrs Goose has never been to Prague which is my favourite city, that will be awesome as well.

Unfortunately it isn't quite a cheap when i was there in 2008 and could buy a pint for 20 euro cents and at one place were paying a euro a litre for pour you own beers in the middle of the city.

Back