Official Match Thread Season 30 First Elimination Final: Gumbies FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at The House of Gumby

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Vienna might be worthy of a day trip between Budapest > Prague.

Planning holidays is a great distraction and the worst part, if it can be called that, is trying to work out where to go and the itinerary! Local holidays are a great idea as well.
Vienna was lovely, only spent a day there but had the best chicken schnitzel. Was the size of my head.

I only vaguely map out things I want to see when on holidays. Like not having too much planned so I end up walking in a direction and finding cool/interesting places that are less touristy.

Well deserved big fella
Agreed
Just in time for the finals Muddiemoose with an eye to the off-season /next year
I know we can expect big things from you :)
Your fitness /mobility will hold you in good stead
I see you as a Dean Cox in his prime style Ruckman - still fit enough to be a midfielder in your own right

Vienna was lovely, only spent a day there but had the best chicken schnitzel. Was the size of my head.

I only vaguely map out things I want to see when on holidays. Like not having too much planned so I end up walking in a direction and finding cool/interesting places that are less touristy.
You can get amazing snitzels at the tuck stops, food is ridiculous. They are almost like restaurants.

The best meal I had on my whole of contiki was in Vienna. Myself and another girl just wanted a decent meal and just went stuff it and went to a decent restaraunt, ended up only costing us about 5 euro more than those who at the amusement park we were at. That meal was great! beautiful snitzel.

edit. I had the best steak of my life in Cesky Krumlov (what a cool town that is)

Did Vienna last time I was there.
We are actually going to go to my mates wives hometown in Czech.

At their wedding her family and friends are so welcoming.

My mate and I are running Berlin marathon (compulsory to mention), once they found out we going and hoping to swing through, they have insisted on arranging a bit of a gathering for us there (I'd say party, but it is a couple days of activities), it is actually the part of the trip Im most looking forward to.

Mrs Goose has never been to Prague which is my favourite city, that will be awesome as well.

Unfortunately it isn't quite a cheap when i was there in 2008 and could buy a pint for 20 euro cents and at one place were paying a euro a litre for pour you own beers in the middle of the city.
Mrs cats2rise is from Berlin and we lived there a few years ago before moving to Aus... we go when we can to see her family, and are planning to move back there in a few years.

If you have not been, it is a great place but changing very quickly.

Agreed
Just in time for the finals Muddiemoose with an eye to the off-season /next year
I see you as a Dean Cox in his prime style Ruckman - still fit enough to be a midfielder in your own right
As I always say 4 legs are better than two

Plus I’ve been working on my work below the knees
44299E2A-EA49-498C-8900-405BE2913300.gif

Planning holidays is a great distraction and the worst part, if it can be called that, is trying to work out where to go and the itinerary! Local holidays are a great idea as well.
I actually enjoy the planning stage too :)
It makes it feel like a buildup
I struggle to estimate time required at each destination so wind up doing a series of day trips/tours to fit as much in, leaving the evenings for dinners , strolling and catching up with family if needed
The bus travel time is usually spent napping lol
Helps combat the carsickness too

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Mrs cats2rise is from Berlin and we lived there a few years ago before moving to Aus... we go when we can to see her family, and are planning to move back there in a few years.

If you have not been, it is a great place but changing very quickly.
Berlin and Munich are both fantastic. Remember in Berlin stumbling on a bar called Dr Pong. Had this graffiti covered door that barely looked like an entrance. Inside is just a simple bar and 1 table tennis table. Then there was twenty people using the table at once just running around taking 1 shot each. Kept going until you got eliminated then the final 2 played a quick match. So random but I'm a bit of an avid table tennis player so was one of my favourite nights there.

Last edited:
I actually enjoy the planning stage too :)
It makes it feel like a buildup
I struggle to estimate time required at each destination so wind up doing a series of day trips/tours to fit as much in, leaving the evenings for dinners , strolling and catching up with family if needed
The bus travel time is usually spent napping lol
Helps combat the carsickness too

That's why itineraries that i've found online are invaluable. Feels like semi-cheating by having almost everything there for you.

That's why itineraries that i've found online are invaluable. Feels like semi-cheating by having almost everything there for you.
I find the time I'd like to spend at each destination doesn't necessarily match the itinerary, but it's definitely a great starting point :)
Even for the local getaways
I managed to pack a lot of Ballarat and surrounds a couple of weekends ago for example :)

Agreed

Or else campaigner ....

I find the time I'd like to spend at each destination doesn't necessarily match the itinerary, but it's definitely a great starting point :)
Even for the local getaways
I managed to pack a lot of Ballarat and surrounds a couple of weekends ago for example :)

Shitloads to see in my old home town :)

guero would have a field day with all the igneous and metamorphic rock types there.

Mum and Dad were both born in Vienna :) I haven't been back there since I was sixteen :( Went and saw where Dad grew up, Mum couldn't remember as the area in Vienna where her folks lived had changed drastically.

I'm going to get Moose added to the regular menu at The House of Gumby.

Burgers
Pulled Moose
Sausages
Everything

200.gif
I'd totally eat moose if I went to a place that served it

I have fond memories of Viennetta. Full of so many layers. Rich in texture. An abundance of chocolate.

We should have a celebratory Viennetta when we win.

If someone gave me moose meat I would sell it on Ebay. Then use the money to splurge on rigging the sim.

Berlin and Munich are both fantastic. Remember in Berlin stumbling on a bar called Dr Pong. Had this graffiti covered door that barely looked like an entrance. Inside is just a simple bar and 1 table tennis table. Then there was twenty people using the table at once just running around taking 1 shot each. Kept going until you got eliminated then the final 2 played a quick match. So random but I'm a bit of an avid table tennis player so was one of my favourite nights there.
There is a place in the Sydney that sounds like a direct rip off of this place.
Also called Dr Pong, also graffiti covered door, also a couple table tennis tables.
I think it was in Surry Hills, pretty trendy though.
Only went there once and judging by the people I was with at the time it must have been about 2009.
I thought it was unique and cool, but seems it was a cheap rip off!

Absolutely.

I hate "Small Puppy" (labeled as such) in China, Tarantulas in Cambodia, some salted insect that vaguely resembled a cricket in rural Vietnam, a Moose seems well worth a go!

I called guero today to see how he was going after his big shock of being picked up by the Gumbies yesterday and he was in a much better mood. He missed a phone call from his dad, which he was happy about and in the voicemail his dad left him, he said I love you son. I wonder if his dad is being nice to him before letting him know some big news about his Doctor brother, I am sure we will find out tomorrow. Also Guero couldn't stop showing me his newest find, its a amethyst crystal and he tells me its worth a lot of money. I am not sure if its really worth a lot of money or not, but it is pretty. Oh and omgfridge he said to say Hi (maybe not in those words).

guero finds a rock.png

I have fond memories of Viennetta. Full of so many layers. Rich in texture. An abundance of chocolate.

We should have a celebratory Viennetta when we win.

Why stop at one?

I used to have one to myself and then still got part of the others.

I'm going to get Moose added to the regular menu at The House of Gumby.

Burgers
Pulled Moose
Sausages
Everything

200.gif

Pulled moose sounds like a sex act
I’m in.

He normally has to pay good money for that and the Gumbies are giving it away for free.
It’s actually quite a difficult act when you don’t have hands

Back