Delisted #37: Dylan Clarke - End of the road, will not be offered a list spot in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m hoping no one else takes him before we re-rookie, personal favourite of mine. Just love the way he goes about it.

Aah okay, not great stats.
What I remember watching this season though is that he was one of the players that annoyed me the least.
High praise indeed.
😂😂 I agree with that.

Its hazy but I remember last year he did a number on an injured Cripps and then tagged another couple of stars out of the game in consecutive weeks.

Even the media put his name in lights. I felt that we'd found a natural tagger, if that's still a thing.

I’m hoping no one else takes him before we re-rookie, personal favourite of mine. Just love the way he goes about it.

I'm not good with the technical detail of such things but I do not believe anyone will touch Clarke or Gleeson in the rookie draft in these circumstances.

The convention is that the clubs do not take each other's re-rookie nominations, it's never happened, unless a club drafted the player in the main draft for a primary list spot (in which case each would go with our blessing).

I'm not good with the technical detail of such things but I do not believe anyone will touch Clarke or Gleeson in the rookie draft in these circumstances.

The convention is that the clubs do not take each other's re-rookie nominations, it's never happened, unless a club drafted the player in the main draft for a primary list spot (in which case each would go with our blessing).

Geelong were about to demote Ryan Abbott before St Kilda grabbed him as a DFA.

Nah he definitely smashed Cripps and O'Meara.
He smashed cripps(injured) while actually having decent stats himself

he stopped omeara

he kinda quelled the next in line but also did nothing else

then zilch

Geelong were about to demote Ryan Abbott before St Kilda grabbed him as a DFA.

For a primary list spot?

If so, I've incorrectly narrowed the issue to the main draft. It is really the offer of a main list spot that will trump the promise to re-rookie.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He smashed cripps(injured) while actually having decent stats himself

he stopped omeara

he kinda quelled the next in line but also did nothing else

then zilch

Cripps didn't injure his foot until a few weeks later. The week after Clarke towelled him up Cripps had 38 touches and kicked 4 goals against Brisbane.

Not making any justification for him being a gun, he's depth at best and likely won't see 2022, but credit where its due that effort was immense and he did quell a few opponents following it.

Watch someone else pick him up and play him in his preferred position
And drop him after 7 rounds as he continues to turn the ball over.

I think he has a role to play in our forward line as a Mitch Wallis type.
Will still get some rotations on ball but I could see him kicking a goal a game up forward and being a physical presence up forward.
If Rutten is more open to tagging, we may see him used as a tagger now and again as well.

Agree with this. The role he played had us winning games. I don't get what the problem was. It got Freo to a prelim.
His kicking in general play is the only thing i think. Goalkicking was excellent. Not sure why taggers aren't in fashion anymore. Ling on Swan in 2011 was a crucial matchup. Graham shutting Sloane out of the 2nd half in 2017. Bet Geelong wish they had prime Ling for Dusty this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back