Strategy Official 2021 Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
new positions prices
1612063919200.png
SC Fixture 2021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Think De Goey will move into the midfield permanently next season. Sidey (and probably also Pendles) will spend more time forward.

Might take a punt on him up forward, see if he can pull a Petracca.

So out Trelour.
In De goey he's a dirty blonde will do anything ...:moustache:.

Big Oscar McInerney any chance to retain the DPP?
On Taylor Adams, a few people have looked into it and I don't think he and Treloar actually had much impact on each other's scoring patterns.
Wouldn't expect a big jump for Adams.
Will see if I can dig it up.
Won't bothering going into mob on the trading front, diabolical.
One thing which was interesting was that they didn't include DeGoey in the fire sale.
Given we were OK accepting half-eaten Mars Bars and stale twisties for the others and he's more injury-prone, lazier and has the legal stuff hanging over his head, you wonder why they kept the faith with him.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
On Taylor Adams, a few people have looked into it and I don't think he and Treloar actually had much impact on each other's scoring patterns.
One thing which was interesting was that they didn't include DeGoey in the fire sale.
Given we were OK accepting half-eaten Mars Bars and stale twisties for the others and he's more injury-prone, lazier and has the legal stuff hanging over his head, you wonder why they kept the faith with him.

Did you know that Taylor Adams (66.7%) has an even lower career D/E% record than Brad Crouch? (67.1%)
Adams also averages only 77.1% TOG over his career. In fact, he's only averaged 80%+ TOG once and that was 80.1%. It's a credit to him that he's managed to average 105+ SC twice in his career with those 2 things going against him. I can't see his D/E % getting any better going forward with a weaker Pies midfield. For those reasons I wouldn't touch in SC, however he's a decent AF/DT option though.

Big O certainly worth starting with at F4 priced at 82 if he retains his R/F DPP. It will be close whether he retains the F or not.

Last edited:
Did you know that Taylor Adams (66.7%) has an even lower career D/E% record than Brad Crouch? (67.1%)
Adams also averages only 77.1% TOG over his career. In fact, he's only averaged 80%+ TOG once and that was 80.1%. It's a credit to him that he's managed to average 105+ SC twice in his career with those 2 things going against him. I can't see his D/E % getting any better going forward with a weaker Pies midfield. For those reasons I wouldn't touch in SC, however he's a decent AF/DT option though.

Big O certainly worth starting with at F4 priced at 82 if he retains his R/F DPP. It will be close whether he retains or not.

Pick all the R/Fs.

Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
As a Collingwood supporter the Treloar situation doesn’t bother me too much.

Agree that bulldogs mids will be tough to select. Have a feeling Bont may play forward more next season.

Will certainly be interested in Saad, Williams and Preuss.

I’ll have to think carefully about my man Steele going into next season with the extra ball winners coming in.

Last year rucks who averaged 30 or more ruck contests per game.
13 averaged 90+. 11 were Solo ruckmen and 2 Shared rucks in Marshall and Ryder.
View attachment 1013258
Whose a chance for R/F? Preuss unlikely?

Supposedly we've already been scummed out of Pruess as he is losing DPP on the back of only 3 games last season.
Can't recall a player losing/gaining DPP after such little game time throughout a season, and no secondary level footy.

Marshall most likely.
McInerney a chance.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Going to see some big drops in Bulldog players with Treloar coming in. Reckon Bailey Smith could still be decent value, and Dunkley if M/F, but Macrae, Bont et al might be set to drop.

Would someone like Daicos be worth considering with Treloar leaving? Reckon I'd trust his scoring uptick moreso than JDG. Both are worth a look at, depending on positional status. JDG is worth a shot if he comes in as a 400k FWD.

Going to see some big drops in Bulldog players with Treloar coming in. Reckon Bailey Smith could still be decent value, and Dunkley if M/F, but Macrae, Bont et al might be set to drop.

Would someone like Daicos be worth considering with Treloar leaving? Reckon I'd trust his scoring uptick moreso than JDG. Both are worth a look at, depending on positional status. JDG is worth a shot if he comes in as a 400k FWD.
Nic yes, Josh nah

Think Dunkley M/F potentially, if he gets it.
Don't see upside on Bailey Smith as it stands, reckon he's off the table in the short term.

I will be all in on Lachlan Sholl next year. I had him this year and the last 2 games saved me with Doc being out scored 110 & 84. With Crouch gone he should get even more midfield time and will probably be somewhere around the $270k mark

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Think De Goey will move into the midfield permanently next season. Sidey (and probably also Pendles) will spend more time forward.

Might take a punt on him up forward, see if he can pull Petracca.
De Goey must have incriminating pics of Mcquire, which itself is quite disturbing when you think about it.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I will be all in on Lachlan Sholl next year. I had him this year and the last 2 games saved me with Doc being out scored 110 & 84. With Crouch gone he should get even more midfield time and will probably be somewhere around the $270k mark

Decent call. Even if he slots it on a flank he’s going to average 80-85. Beautiful long range kick too.

Also surely the only player in history to nab 3 Brownlow votes and not get a Rising Star nod?

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Sholl averaged 64 this year. He'll be priced around $360k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back