🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1614490638576.png

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Always enjoy playing around on the drawing board this time of year. Here’s what I’ve got so far...

TEAM NAME: Rolling November AF 30. (AFL Fantasy 2021)

Used: $12,941,900 (99.6%)
Remaining: $58,100 (0.4%)
On Ground: $11,548,700 (88.8%)
On Bench: $1,393,200 (10.7%)

Def: J.Lloyd, L.Whitfield, Z.Williams, W.Milera, I.Cumming, F.Perez (T.Bianco, W.Gould)

Mid: T.Mitchell, T.Taranto, E.Yeo, D.Prestia, M.Rowell, J.Hately, T.Green, D.Robertson (J.Mead, R.Collier-Dawkins, J.Rantall)

Ruc: R.O'Brien, B.Preuss (M.Lynch)

Fwd: J.Dunkley, T.Phillips, J.Caldwell, T.Thomas, L.Franklin, N.Cockatoo (A.Bosenavulagi, W.Kelly)
Nice team i like alot of those rookies youve picked and also the team

Zac Williams
Rowell
Yeo

Seem the early favourites for most picked players that arent rooks

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice team i like alot of those rookies youve picked and also the team

Zac Williams
Rowell
Yeo

Seem the early favourites for most picked players that arent rooks
I duno about Yeo tbh. Priced at 90 odd, not overly cheap and not likely to be top 8 mid. Probably average 98-102 so slight value, but not enough to start I feel

Rowell, well he’s cheap, but is his form too small a sample,? Played 4 games. Probably want a 95 average to justify starting imo

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I duno about Yeo tbh. Priced at 90 odd, not overly cheap and not likely to be top 8 mid. Probably average 98-102 so slight value, but not enough to start I feel

Rowell, well he’s cheap, but is his form too small a sample,? Played 4 games. Probably want a 95 average to justify starting imo

I like that there are different opinions. I think Yeo can avg 105 if hes getting a preseason in

Yeh i said id consider being unique by not starting Rowell but if he can avg 95 thats a huge tick and with the seemingly lack of rooks it appears midpricers improving 20-30% are gonna be must takes

The reason i have concerns over rowell is his scores came against a terrible crows, eagles, freo games they all won. Against Port he got 64 in a flogging which still aint too bad

Im surprised at the lack of Docherty. Is it the recent news of testicular cancer keeping ppl off. He will be fine for season start and still be training a fair bit i believe from the December/Jan start dates

Im going cheap in the backs again. Milera will be my D3

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I like that there are different opinions. I think Yeo can avg 105 if hes getting a preseason in

Yeh i said id consider being unique by not starting Rowell but if he can avg 95 thats a huge tick and with the seemingly lack of rooks it appears midpricers improving 20-30% are gonna be must takes

The reason i have concerns over rowell is his scores came against a terrible crows, eagles, freo games they all won. Against Port he got 64 in a flogging which still aint too bad

Im surprised at the lack of Docherty. Is it the recent news of testicular cancer keeping ppl off. He will be fine for season start and still be training a fair bit i believe from the December/Jan start dates

Im going cheap in the backs again. Milera will be my D3
Good call on the lack of rookies, may be a fair bit of mid priced madness going on

Docherty was pretty average in the back end of last season which I assume would be turning most away

Milera at D3, assume you’d be taking Zac Williams, so which if Lloyd/Whitfield are you Leaving out?

Geez Titch was big in the last 7-8 games. Priced at 105 is very nice. Could we see a return to his pig ways?

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Good call on the lack of rookies, may be a fair bit of mid priced madness going on

Docherty was pretty average in the back end of last season which I assume would be turning most away

Milera at D3, assume you’d be taking Zac Williams, so which if Lloyd/Whitfield are you Leaving out?

Geez Titch was big in the last 7-8 games. Priced at 105 is very nice. Could we see a return to his pig ways?

If i had to lock in a team tomorrow i wouldnt be picking either of Whitfield or Lloyd

I prefer Laird and Docherty at D1. Unsure why Docherty struggled late. Hes still doc. Hes super cheap and hes done 116 before but maybe 2 ACLs since might deter that from happening again.

With no rookies i just checked plenty of good cheap options around the 200-350k mark maybe more so than other years due to the covid year

Atu
Patton
Cumming
Macasey
Marchbank
J.Webster
Perez
S.Flanders
J.Sharp

Im struggling with the rucks actually like a few cheaper options like Witts and Nankervis. However Grundy might be slightly under price but his finals was terrible as D.Cameron seemed to be taking over which could continue next year.

Melbourne let Preuss go and have no backup rucks besides L.Jackson. However Gawn is mega priced at 125 not sure i can justify that but i like the safety and security of it.

Ill be picking Titch again. Its like you cant go wrong

Last edited:

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
If i had to lock in a team tomorrow i wouldnt be picking either of Whitfield or Lloyd

I prefer Laird and Docherty at D1. Unsure why Docherty struggled late. Hes still doc. Hes super cheap and hes done 116 before but maybe 2 ACLs since might deter that from happening again.

With no rookies i just checked plenty of good cheap options around the 200-350k mark maybe more so than other years due to the covid year

Atu
Patton
Cumming
Macasey
Marchbank
J.Webster
Perez
S.Flanders
J.Sharp

Im struggling with the rucks actually like a few cheaper options like Witts and Nankervis. However Grundy might be slightly under price but his finals was terrible as D.Cameron seemed to be taking over which could continue next year.

Melbourne let Preuss go and have no backup rucks besides L.Jackson. However Gawn is mega priced at 125 not sure i can justify that but i like the safety and security of it.

Hopefully titch is a bit of a unique next season

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond

Atu
Patton
Cumming
Macasey
Marchbank
J.Webster
Perez
S.Flanders
J.Sharp

All those 200-350k guys you mentioned are definitely worth a look, will need to take 4-5 of those with a real lack of bargain basement rookies

Also not sure on Grundy, but will want one of Grundy, Gawn or ROB at R1

I currently have Treloar. Priced at 102 is as cheap as he’s been for many years and can see him doing 110 again at the Dogs

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United

Atu
Patton
Cumming
Macasey
Marchbank
J.Webster
Perez
S.Flanders
J.Sharp

IIRC doch copped a lot of attention later in the season, saad will help with that. Will laird keep his midfield role?

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Really? Even with 4 months out from season start?

Doesnt sound good
There's a west Australian article earlier in the week but its behind a pay wall. Struggling with OP by all reports

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Would Fantasia be an option? 346k, priced at 46, has gone 65-70 in the past. Moving to a better side too now and should be more settled
I dont think i could do it. I remember eyeing him off big time at the end of one season maybe 2017 when he had an injury affected 8 involved

He has avg 79 before (2018) and 72 (2017) removing that injury affected 8 i think that was the year i was eyeing him off after 2017 finish.

Would be unique and not the worse pick.

Buddy vs Fantasia? Or why not both

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
I dont think i could do it. I remember eyeing him off big time at the end of one season maybe 2017 when he had an injury affected 8 involved

He has avg 79 before (2018) and 72 (2017) removing that injury affected 8 i think that was the year i was eyeing him off after 2017 finish.

Would be unique and not the worse pick.

Buddy vs Fantasia? Or why not both
I don’t really want to play 2 forward rookies so was looking at options 300-350k. Another one is Peter Wright, has also done 65-70 before. Priced at 44, will get opportunities at Essendon

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I don’t really want to play 2 forward rookies so was looking at options 300-350k. Another one is Peter Wright, has also done 65-70 before. Priced at 44, will get opportunities at Essendon
Keep an eye out for Sam Fisher in the national/rookie draft. 22 year old mid/fwd Sandover medallist from the WAFL. Will get a chance if he goes to the right team and should get forward DPP if CD don't get it wrong

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Yeh some nice unique names

I think I have Cockatoo and Atu on field with Patton and Bergman behind them. Not that strong i know

Might be a case of not getting any lock in rucks again ahh from the start

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Keep an eye out for Sam Fisher in the national/rookie draft. 22 year old mid/fwd Sandover medallist from the WAFL. Will get a chance if he goes to the right team and should get forward DPP if CD don't get it wrong
I wouldnt think hed get picked up

However there is a guy called Rowe from the SANFL who kicked bags this year as a smaller type

Last edited:

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I wouldnt think hed get picked up

However there is a guy called Rowe from the SANFL who kicked bags this year as a smaller type
Hope west Coast take him tbh, considering our midfield depth is ainsworth, Hutchings and O'Neill 🥱🥱

Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Franklin and Fantasia in the same side sounds like asking for trouble
It does. Think I’ll definitely go Buddy, been a premium many times

a couple that are generating interest for me

Prestia-priced at 84, averaged 100 in 2019, and about 108 post bye

Heppell- priced at 74, has averaged 100 a few times

Taranto- priced at 96, averaged 112 two years ago

McCluggage- was a pain last year, but back to back 92 seasons. 20 minute quarters should help him, primed to go 100+ you’d think

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Alec waterman is another one who could get drafted and play round 1 as a 170k forward

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Alec waterman is another one who could get drafted and play round 1 as a 170k forward
Keep hearing reports he doesn't want to play and live the AFL life. Hope it's untrue..

Braden Campbell (Sydney Swans academy eligible) looks a good 1st year candidate. Just another to add to our watch list.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Keep hearing reports he doesn't want to play and live the AFL life. Hope it's untrue..

Braden Campbell (Sydney Swans academy eligible) looks a good 1st year candidate. Just another to add to our watch list.
He was on the news last night (cant recall what channel) but yeah it was about him wanting to be drafted and making AFL his career again

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back