QFA Div 1

Qld footy fan

Mar 10, 2019
Yeh maybe, but if your competitive your a chance of winning. QAFL is no more than a good suburban competition and is to often over hyped. Maroochydore I would argue were less talented this year than last as far as personnel and were a great addition. Noosa's skills this year were the best I've seen at this level in 20 years, by foot they were exceptional, genuine A graders by qafl standards on every line, well coached and resourced and a very difficult and hostile environment for away teams to visit. All 3 above mentioned teams would have had to be at there very best to win thereه. Just because your a "qafl' player doesn't elevate you above all those below. Lots of very good players running around at lower levels
Correct

Miller1971

Jun 15, 2020
Yeh maybe, but if your competitive your a chance of winning. QAFL is no more than a good suburban competition and is to often over hyped. Maroochydore I would argue were less talented this year than last as far as personnel and were a great addition.

Complete rubbish. Have a closer look at their list in 2020, Marcoochydore recruited carefully and appropriately to be ready for the step up in class and they did it very well. Some very handy players that weren't there in 2019 were running around.

Qld footy fan

Mar 10, 2019
I agree they probably are, however only thing will be is the player retention, one of the main reasons as to why they struggled so much in Div 1 last time was due to the fact they lost a lot of players from the year prior and just didn’t have the talent from what they had left to be competitive in the comp. However they do have the capabilities for strong recruitment obviously being one of the better universities in the country is a massive help for them. As far as I’m aware their goal has always been to get into the QAFL eventually and they should no doubt have the capability to get there one day, obviously not with their current list but in terms of facilities and access to things etc, they are better positioned than a lot of clubs in QLD. Only thing that would hold them back would be the fact there is already 4 clubs on the coast in the QAFL and don’t see any of them leaving that competition any time soon.
Don't Know how either Uni can make QAFL without juniors...Most clubs Like Robina without Juniors Have to Recruit and will only Go so far
and without a decent Influx every Year they will fail....
Have a look at robina grand finalists and Super strong in 2013/14 to picking up the spoon no money no Players
Juniors are the Key....

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Complete rubbish. Have a closer look at their list in 2020, Marcoochydore recruited carefully and appropriately to be ready for the step up in class and they did it very well. Some very handy players that weren't there in 2019 were running around.

Rubbish. I can tell u now that any recruiting maroochy did in 2019 had nothing to do with 2020. In fact they endeavoured to recruit heavily at the end of 2019 season and 3/4 of those blokes ended up not playing. As of feb 29 they had 85 blokes on list, come March 31 it was about 50.

Covertackle

Jan 26, 2012
Ipswich
Melbourne Dees
Rubbish. I can tell u now that any recruiting maroochy did in 2019 had nothing to do with 2020. In fact they endeavoured to recruit heavily at the end of 2019 season and 3/4 of those blokes ended up not playing. As of feb 29 they had 85 blokes on list, come March 31 it was about 50.

Just like my tomato garden!

Apr 26, 2010
Gold Coast
So apparently the new VFL is announced today and obviously whether sharks and Aspley are in it will impact the make up of the qafl.
Hopefully by this time next week we know who is competing at qafl level , number of games, finals makeup, player points, sal cap etc

Footyboy2020

Jun 27, 2020
So apparently the new VFL is announced today and obviously whether sharks and Aspley are in it will impact the make up of the qafl.
Hopefully by this time next week we know who is competing at qafl level , number of games, finals makeup, player points, sal cap etc
Hopefully will be the beginning of some clarity in all the divisions this year, have to believe there will be a bit of a change up to all of them next year.

Bulldogs 2016

Mar 25, 2019
Talking about Albert Proud. The ex Brisbane Lion, and domestic abuser.

I'm guessing thats not your son, as that Proud has been paid plenty over the years.
No Albert is not mine sorry for confusion. He secured a good job through the Club and that secured him to play. Messed everything up and could play however could not ever play again would not even be contemplated.

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast

Pretty sure Redlands/VP are combining to play QAFL.

noosaboy

Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
Mitch Fraser won Noosas best and fairest fairly comfortably with skipper Aaron Laskey second for the fourth year in a row.Unfortunately for Noosa Fraser is heading back to Perth.

Footyboy2020

Jun 27, 2020
Mitch Fraser won Noosas best and fairest fairly comfortably with skipper Aaron Laskey second for the fourth year in a row.Unfortunately for Noosa Fraser is heading back to Perth.
Shame about losing Fraser for you Noosaboy, especially with the possibility of a promotion to the QAFL for you guys, sure you won’t have any problem being able to recruit someone to replace, possibly even upgrade him if you convince Templeton to play this year 😉

Footyboy2020

Jun 27, 2020
According to the Facebook pages, Collings won Mayne’s B&F for a 4th time, extremely underrated player.

4 way tie for Springwoods between Page, Thompson, Proud & a young gun in Keeble that appears to have a big future ahead of him.

Looks like the rest of the clubs will have their presentations in the near future.

Footyboy2020

Jun 27, 2020
So first of all big congratulations to Noosa for their promotion into the QAFL, much deserved and well and truly the best team of the last 2 years in this comp. Wish them all the best in QAFL and if Maroochydore this season was any indicator would believe finals is definitely achievable for you. Vic Point also going into QAFL which makes sense considering the merge with Redlands. Makes this comp very interesting now and very competitive. Mayne you would believe start favourites depending if they are able to keep their NEAFL players. Caloundra come back into the comp, Springwood should be there about again as usual, same with Coorparoo, looks as though Kenmore will also be joining the division so should be a good 8 team comp next season.

noosaboy

Jan 20, 2011
Noosa
I reckon div 1 will be a ripper comp next year.Kenmore coming in plus Caloundra back who are always very competitive is so good.Mayne,Springwood and Cooparoo will again be around the Mark I’d imagine,Uni need to improve,who knows what Aspley will bring and Beenleigh will only get better after initial year.Should be good games week in week out which is great!

Qld footy fan

Mar 10, 2019
I reckon div 1 will be a ripper comp next year.Kenmore coming in plus Caloundra back who are always very competitive is so good.Mayne,Springwood and Cooparoo will again be around the Mark I’d imagine,Uni need to improve,who knows what Aspley will bring and Beenleigh will only get better after initial year.Should be good games week in week out which is great!
Well I think the comp will be great too
Noosa and the Roos where well ahead
And all those clubs you speak about knew
They had no Chance and now it's up to every club To step up and make the comp
What it should be ...

Footyboy2020

Jun 27, 2020
Well I think the comp will be great too
Noosa and the Roos where well ahead
And all those clubs you speak about knew
They had no Chance and now it's up to every club To step up and make the comp
What it should be ...
Should be a cracker next year, looks like Caloundra have the majority of their guys coming back in according to Facebook, do wonder if Mayne will keep the likes of Craven, Ivers and their other NEAFL players but either way will still be strong with that core group. Springwood have a new coach by the looks of it but would imagine they’ll keep their core group also. Coorparoo saying they will announce some signings soon on FB. Aspley will be the interesting one next year, they went very well but obviously those 6-7 NEAFL players help out big time so don’t expect them to do as well next year. Beenleigh will improve again as they showed they deserve to be in the comp. Uni do need to improve but did show signs last year that they have the team to be competitive. Will be interesting to see how Kenmore go as they had a few Redlands boys last season however would imagine they’ll still do well. Should be in for a very competitive comp, maybe even the most competitive comp throughout AFLQ.

Bulldogs 2016

Mar 25, 2019
Congrats to Noosa on QAFL mate finals first year in and what I saw this year. Thanks for what you did this year with the Live Stream and comments on my bloke throughout those games even when soundly beaten. We have to improve the list might get a few back that stood out this year. New Coach don't know much about him so wait and see. Mitch Fraser home can play that bloke so big loss but you have the list to cover him another one of those talented young blokes waiting in the wings. Few of your younger blokes surely should come under the notice of AFL recruiters at some stage serious young talent. All the best mate and I will keep a keen eye out on the season

smy1305

Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
Gold Coast
Should be a cracker next year, looks like Caloundra have the majority of their guys coming back in according to Facebook, do wonder if Mayne will keep the likes of Craven, Ivers and their other NEAFL players but either way will still be strong with that core group. Springwood have a new coach by the looks of it but would imagine they’ll keep their core group also. Coorparoo saying they will announce some signings soon on FB. Aspley will be the interesting one next year, they went very well but obviously those 6-7 NEAFL players help out big time so don’t expect them to do as well next year. Beenleigh will improve again as they showed they deserve to be in the comp. Uni do need to improve but did show signs last year that they have the team to be competitive. Will be interesting to see how Kenmore go as they had a few Redlands boys last season however would imagine they’ll still do well. Should be in for a very competitive comp, maybe even the most competitive comp throughout AFLQ.

You would think Uni will be better without a pandemic that caused their uni to shut down. Not sure they will ever be super powers but hopefully competitive.

Lmatt

Draftee
Mar 18, 2019
Yeh maybe, but if your competitive your a chance of winning. QAFL is no more than a good suburban competition and is to often over hyped. Maroochydore I would argue were less talented this year than last as far as personnel and were a great addition. Noosa's skills this year were the best I've seen at this level in 20 years, by foot they were exceptional, genuine A graders by qafl standards on every line, well coached and resourced and a very difficult and hostile environment for away teams to visit. All 3 above mentioned teams would have had to be at there very best to win thereه. Just because your a "qafl' player doesn't elevate you above all those below. Lots of very good players running around at lower levels
Noosa's skills this year were the best I've seen at this level in 20 years, surely not, better than Mid 2000's when Maloneys sublime raking left foot was guiding the young (some old) chargers around the park!

Footyboy2020

Jun 27, 2020
Any announcements from clubs outside of caloundra?
Panthers have done really well retaining most of there list
Coorparoo announced a few new signings last night as well as some re-signings as well. Indicating that they have more to come over the next few weeks as well. Really good for Caloundra to retain the majority of their list again. Puts them right up there towards the top of the pack of history is anything to go by. Will be interesting if Mayne is able to keep the likes of Craven, Ivers and those few boys that came back from NEAFL this year. If they do then they’re right back at the top again and challenging. Nothing else heard about from any of the other clubs as far as I’m aware. Wonder if any of Aspleys NEAFL players will stay down in this league and opt against the new comp. if they don’t will be interesting to see how Aspley go. Same with Kenmore entering this league now, they had a few Redlands players last year that certainly helped them win the flag so will be interesting to see if any of them stick around.