Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Now, I don't know my Bombers drug cheats like some on here - but surely the one in the tree t-shirt with the hat on backwards needs to be drug tested immediately....

Whoever that is....

Stoned out of his mind..
I don't think he is an Essendon player. I think he was just a derro walking past and heard the chatter about drugs and wandered in hoping to get high by osmosis.

I don't think he is an Essendon player. I think he was just a derro walking past and heard the chatter about drugs and wandered in hoping to get high by osmosis.
nah he's the IT guy, ran the spreadsheets

Deserves credit, too, for being the only player to body-roll off stage. That's called grace under fire.
View attachment 1015156
I'd forgotten how 'clever' Michael Hurley was. What a play on words. So subtle I almost missed it.

Deserves credit, too, for being the only player to body-roll off stage. That's called grace under fire.
View attachment 1015156

He looks like the one at the boy band disbanding press conference that knows his lucrative solo career is starting. The others know they are looking at stints on Celebrity Apprentice or breakfast radio.

I'd forgotten how 'clever' Michael Hurley was. What a play on words. So subtle I almost missed it.
I presumed his t-shirt was subtly alluding to the exact level of responsibility that the players took for agreeing to go off site to an anti-ageing clinic for injections from a doctor other than the club doctor, without the latter's knowledge

Now, I don't know my Bombers drug cheats like some on here - but surely the one in the tree t-shirt with the hat on backwards needs to be drug tested immediately....

Whoever that is....

Stoned out of his mind..
That’s Fremantle champion Travis Colyer whose feet go quicker than his brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player #19 - Josh Schache
1605832350206.png
Pictured: Josh is upset to learn that unlike Bevo, he doesn't have a second set of eyes on his neck

Josh Schache is KPF-sized forward flanker with the consistency of a small forward.

Drafted at pick #2 by the Brisbane Lions, he famously requested a trade back to his home state of Victoria at the end of 2017 despite having signed a contract months earlier. To the Lions. The team he supported as a kid. Where his dad Laurence played.

A last minute trade-in to the Bulldogs, he was wary of being a Bulldogs tall forward which in recent years has been a list of players about as prestigious as "most beautiful Ibis", "most thought-provoking Lara Bingle quote" or "best Essendon finals performance of the last 16 years".
The old saying used to be "you're not a washed-up forward until you've played full-forward for Footscray" and sadly, Schache seems to be fulfilling this prophecy. At age 23.

After a promising 24 goals from 17 games last year where he kicked 3 or more goals five times, 2020 just wasn't Schak's year. With Josh Bruce being unable to be shifted from the team (or most places really) Schache managed 2 games, 2 goals, no tackles and 2 clangers. His second game was particularly sad where he managed 2 disposals an no goals, spending a fair chunk of the time on the pine with no discernible injury. He then played a few scratch games and ended the year with an uncertain future.

The main problem is that people expect him to play like a KPF because he's 199cm tall, but he plays more like an outside flanker if there is such a thing. He's more put-off by body contact than Mike Pence and has the contested marking ability of a jellyfish, as this documentary demonstrates:

All this means that Josh covers more ground than most players in the comp but with congested forwardlines and zone defences that effort is often as redundant as the Pope's penis. His lack of contest led the bulldogs to chase Josh Bruce last year to provide support for Aaron Naughton which meant Schache slid further down the pecking order, despite the Bulldogs saying all summer that three talls could work in the forwardline. Three good talls can work in the forwardline but as Confucious once said about tall forwards, If you're not a contested mark then you're not a marking, um, s**t I think I have the wrong guy. Which is what the Bulldogs are now saying.

Fun fact: Josh Schache won the Larke Medal in 2015. Other winners include Sam Walsh, Christian Petracca, Dom Sheed, Lachie Whitfield and Jack Watts. I'm not sure what Josh' opinion on **** and swimming is, but his last voicemail message to me read: Om-nom-nom-nom *splash*

Josh, Schack, "Shack-Attack". Good luck for next year and for 2022, as well all know AFL player contracts are sacrosanct. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2020.

the Crows thought they might get pick 2 in free agency compo for Brad Crouch , but the AFL decided that he was instead only worth an end of first round draft pick, so their disappointment in losing a senior player, winning the wooden spoon, dealing with further drink-driving and drug issues was amplified. I'm guessing they'll end in a Covid lockdown shortly too
Called it.

You know Schache is bad when he can't get a game ahead of Josh Bruce, lucky to only be 19th.

View attachment 1015266
Pictured: Josh is upset to learn that unlike Bevo, he doesn't have a second set of eyes on his neck

Josh Schache is KPF-sized forward flanker with the consistency of a small forward.

Drafted at pick #2 by the Brisbane Lions, he famously requested a trade back to his home state of Victoria at the end of 2017 despite having signed a contract months earlier. To the Lions. The team he supported as a kid. Where his dad Laurence played.

A last minute trade-in to the Bulldogs, he was wary of being a Bulldogs tall forward which in recent years has been a list of players about as prestigious as "most beautiful Ibis", "most thought-provoking Lara Bingle quote" or "best Essendon finals performance of the last 16 years".
The old saying used to be "you're not a washed-up forward until you've played full-forward for Footscray" and sadly, Schache seems to be fulfilling this prophecy. At age 23.

After a promising 24 goals from 17 games last year where he kicked 3 or more goals five times, 2020 just wasn't Schak's year. With Josh Bruce being unable to be shifted from the team (or most places really) Schache managed 2 games, 2 goals, no tackles and 2 clangers. His second game was particularly sad where he managed 2 disposals an no goals, spending a fair chunk of the time on the pine with no discernible injury. He then played a few scratch games and ended the year with an uncertain future.

The main problem is that people expect him to play like a KPF because he's 199cm tall, but he plays more like an outside flanker if there is such a thing. He's more put-off by body contact than Mike Pence and has the contested marking ability of a jellyfish, as this documentary demonstrates:

All this means that Josh covers more ground than most players in the comp but with congested forwardlines and zone defences that effort is often as redundant as the Pope's penis. His lack of contest led the bulldogs to chase Josh Bruce last year to provide support for Aaron Naughton which meant Schache slid further down the pecking order, despite the Bulldogs saying all summer that three talls could work in the forwardline. Three good talls can work in the forwardline but as Confucious once said about tall forwards, If you're not a contested mark then you're not a marking, um, sh*t I think I have the wrong guy. Which is what the Bulldogs are now saying.

Fun fact: Josh Schache won the Larke Medal in 2015. Other winners include Sam Walsh, Christian Petracca, Dom Sheed, Lachie Whitfield and Jack Watts. I'm not sure what Josh' opinion on **** and swimming is, but his last voicemail message to me read: Om-nom-nom-nom *splash*

Josh, Schack, "Shack-Attack". Good luck for next year and for 2022, as well all know AFL player contracts are sacrosanct. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2020.

That’s okay Schache, we don’t want you here either...you’re correct about him being like the Pope’s penis - I highly doubt that has ever actually done anything.

View attachment 1015266

All this means that Josh covers more ground than most players in the comp but with congested forwardlines and zone defences that effort is often as redundant as the Pope's penis. His lack of contest led the bulldogs to chase Josh Bruce last year to provide support for Aaron Naughton which meant Schache slid further down the pecking order, despite the Bulldogs saying all summer that three talls could work in the forwardline. Three good talls can work in the forwardline but as Confucious once said about tall forwards, If you're not a contested mark then you're not a marking, um, sh*t I think I have the wrong guy. Which is what the Bulldogs are now saying.

What is the Pope pissing out of these days, Mofra?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back