Opinion Canterbury and our guernsey

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i hate the 2020 strips but we don't know where that design came from. could've just as easily been someone inside the club or an outside contractor, and obviously the club would directly make requests of or sign off on any prospective jumper changes. canterbury make high quality merch and i'm sad to see them go. hopefully this is an opportunity for a style reset, back to the 6 striped blue shorts no nonsense design of the 80s and 90s

Looking back - damn. Pinstripes.

a1847.PhilBakerNM.jpg

Damn. More Pinstripes.

s-l400.jpg

Aw. s**t. Pinstripes.

79bb2e1cb0695dfe3b91dae478a4331e13be40c7.jpg

Ahhh. No freaking Pinstripes.

neild.jpg

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
those are actual pinstripes. so small you don't notice them until they're up close. i'm against calling our current guernsey pinstripes because they're far too big
My first north jumper had the pinstripes and a courage logo (+ VFL). The stripes were in the knit where there was one white column of stitches in the blue, and one blue column in the white. It was the same on my club jumper (St Kilda colours) where the white, black and red overlapped. None of the sublimation printed jumpers like these days. Back then some kids in the juniors wore jumpers knitted by the grandma's - when they got wet the poor bloody kids weighed about 40 pounds more. But next week, their jumper was 2 sizes smaller.

ajd9 roo

Debutant
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Knicks
So while I understand this really is not that important... has anyone got any updates on this?

I notice that both Sydney and Collingwood have upgraded to Nike (bit jealous of that).
Meanwhile - we're still with Canterbury with that horrible pin-stripe jumper.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So while I understand this really is not that important... has anyone got any updates on this?

I notice that both Sydney and Collingwood have upgraded to Nike (bit jealous of that).
Meanwhile - we're still with Canterbury with that horrible pin-stripe jumper.
New jumpers next year.

* Puma

I don’t want to be associated with a company that blatantly supports deliberate acts of breaking international law and makes no effort to remedy it.

The fact Richmond jumped on board only further supports that we should keep the * away.

Piss off

Apr 12, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Milwaukee Bucks
Kmart home brand shits all over Canterbury.
I actually don’t mind their off field stuff, it’s more the horrible collar we haven’t changed in 6 years and the middle stripe that stops at the sponsor that shits me. Not to mention last/this years monstrosity after the perfect set in 2019.

Off field Puma stuff is also really great. We need some good tshirts and hoodies, something Canterbury have been pretty average with. Overall just really uninspired, boring and ... orange.

F*** the haters.

Puma shits all over Canterbury
No ones gives a s**t about Canterbury. * them and Puma. But we can do better.
Puma is trash organization and would be a disgrace to have on the jumper

Back