Discussion Random Discussion (No Politics, Religion) - SHOW CHIN PASSPORT ON ENTRY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 years for The Undertaker in WWE.

Incredible that this man was able to take what should have been a ridiculous, comic book/cartoon gimmick and turn it into one of the most iconic characters in wrestling history.

1605844140677.png

Why does irregardless and regardless mean the same thing?
And why does flammable and inflammable mean the same thing.
And if I something can be regular or irregular, why isn't ritable the opposite of irritable?

3o7TKTDn976rzVgky4.gif

GTFO with any politics talk...go to the other one.

So
Pizza dude lied
Lockdown eases
Most important of questions is... can i take the mrs to ikea Sunday

Gee i ******* hope not
What a great thread

Well done

This is what the other thread used to be.

I recently had a winge there about how the workers at a local property development are total slobs, just dropping garbage all round the site.
It got totally lost amongst all the deep thoughts about the American has been and the American future without a very long future.

Incredible that this man was able to take what should have been a ridiculous, comic book/cartoon gimmick and turn it into one of the most iconic characters in wrestling history.

View attachment 1015362

And the fact that his "brother" was a fat jobber they stuck a mask on and went "you be tall demon guy" who they then rando'ed mask on, mask off and created story line after story line about the two.

Slow Chemical was best song.

In other news, I am still shitty from Wednesday, spent $9.95 on a Twister combo for lunch, only one in drive through all chill and great, have more than 20mins to devour it, request no mayonnaise as I like not choking on food due to mucus with dairy s**t and they friggen remove the tomato and keep the mayo.

The s**t people? I know you're probably 15 and discovering that breasts are attractive and not just a sustenance device, but recognise you can literally kill people by screwing up food FFS. Maybe they thought toe-may-toe sounded similar so why not?

I also had a guy call me 3 times in an hour to check if someone else called me when my request was simply "get that store to contact us" as if he didn't wait 4 months to fix his tool or go "huh, what's going on with that repair...". Flaming galah.

Hipster blather alert!

I recently renovated my living room which gave me the occasion to install the portable record player I picked up in Tokyo years ago, it had been sitting in a cupboard for 10 years being unused.

There's something about listening to music on vinyl, not just the sound, but the process. It's like a Japanese tea ceremony. Looking at the various covers - not 5cm² thumbnails on a screen but a big 30cm x 30cm perfect square of colour printed cardboard - like art in a gallery and selecting one, taking the shiny black disc out and putting it on the platter. Putting the needle carefully on the record. Standing or sitting in front of the speakers with that foot square cardboard cover in your hand, looking at the pictures or reading the lyrics. Takes me back to when I first fell in love with music.

Seriously, why do people make records with vocals and NOT include lyrics on the cover? For CDs I can kind of understand, but LPs - it's just mean. Weren't these people ever music lovers? A lot of modern records are made in much higher quality than they used to be, for a smaller but more discerning audience. They make the records heavier, they usually have double gatefold style covers and yet they STILL don't have have lyrics included! Bizarre and frustrating.

I'm definitely no audio snob: I listen to MP3s all through the day, have a + 300gb collection of music that I've downloaded and up till recently used to listen to on Google Music (until they stopped the service) in the car or at work or at home or wherever, but the convenience of listening to MP3s doesn't include the magic of discovering music like I did as a young boy. Looking at the various freaky pictures in my mum and dad's record collection and wondering what each record sounded like.

I'm a record collector, have been since I was a kid.

Back then I was just buying music, CDs didn't exist. When CDs came out, I didn't have enough money to buy a player. Eventually I had a few LPs and no CDs so I never bothered buying a CD player, and because I didn't have a player, I didn't buy any CDs. So I just kept on buying records.

By the time I left Australia in 2003 I had over 1000 records, probably over half worthless to others but meaningful to me. I shoved them in storage because I thought I'd only be gone a few years and honestly I didn't have anywhere else to put them. They're still there 17 years later, and it's costing me shitloads to keep them there.

If I had the time and money, I'd go back to Australia for a couple of weeks to sort out, get rid of the useless ones and ship the others back to France with all the other stuff in that storage space. Don't really know what the best shipping options out there are, they all look really expensive.

And now I'm building up a little collection in France again, not wasting nearly as much time as I used to in record shops but if I see something along the way, I pick it up. I get a little buzz if my kids show interest in my records like I used to all those years ago, try to be patient as they drag the needle across the vinyl and maybe this will kindle their love for music as it did mine.

Last edited:

View attachment 1015362

As a kid that played like one wrestling game back in like 2003. Him and triple H I think? Are like the only two guys I remember. Amazed he’s still going!

Hipster blather alert!

I recently renovated my living room which gave me the occasion to install the portable record player I picked up in Tokyo years ago, it had been sitting in a cupboard for 10 years being unused.

There's something about listening to music on vinyl, not just the sound, but the process. It's like a Japanese tea ceremony. Looking at the various covers - not 5cm² thumbnails on a screen but a big 30cm x 30cm perfect square of colour printed cardboard - like art in a gallery and selecting one, taking the shiny black disc out and putting it on the platter. Putting the needle carefully on the record. Standing or sitting in front of the speakers with that foot square cardboard cover in your hand, looking at the pictures or reading the lyrics. Takes me back to when I first fell in love with music.

Seriously, why do people make records and NOT include lyrics on the cover? For CDs I can kind of understand, but LPs - it's just mean. Weren't these people ever music lovers? A lot of modern records are made in much higher quality than they used to be, for a smaller but more discerning audience. They make the records heavier, they usually have double gatefold style covers and yet they STILL don't have have lyrics included! Bizarre and frustrating.

I'm definitely no audio snob: I listen to MP3s all through the day, have a + 300gb collection of music that I've downloaded and up till recently used to listen to on Google Music (until they stopped the service) in the car or at work or at home or wherever, but the convenience of listening to MP3s doesn't include the magic of discovering music like I did as a young boy. Looking at the various freaky pictures in my mum and dad's record collection and wondering what each record sounded like.

Back then I was just buying music, CDs didn't exist. When CDs came out, I didn't have enough money to buy a player. Eventually I had a few LPs and no CDs so I never bothered buying a CD player, and because I didn't have a player, I didn't buy any CDs. So I just kept on buying records.

By the time I left Australia in 2003 I had over 1000 records, probably over half worthless to others but meaningful to me. I shoved them in storage because I thought I'd only be gone a few years and honestly I didn't have anywhere else to put them. They're still there 17 years later, and it's costing me shitloads to keep them there.

If I had the time and money, I'd go back to Australia for a couple of weeks to sort out, get rid of the useless ones and ship the others back to France with all the other stuff in that storage space. Don't really know what the best shipping options out there are, they all look really expensive.

And now I'm building up a little collection in France again, not wasting nearly as much time as I used to in record shops but if I see something along the way, I pick it up. I get a little buzz if my kids show interest in my records like I used to all those years ago, try to be patient as they drag the needle across the vinyl and maybe this will Kindle their love for music as it did mine.

We had a record player that used to be what our TV sat on back in the 80's, only had like maybe 50 LP's, the fam got me Michael Jacksons Thriller then promptly updated the stand so we didn't have a player any more in the 90's. Only within the last maybe 2 years, the old man got a vinyl player again and we managed to hook up a soundbar to it.

There is just something about vinyl that is just magic, even if sometimes it's a right pain the arse.

As a kid that played like one wrestling game back in like 2003. Him and triple H I think? Are like the only two guys I remember. Amazed he’s still going!
im amazed as well.... hell i remember him when i was a kid and i loved that stuff back in the early 90's

on a somewhat related topic i caught the end of the doco on Andre the Giant on SBS ... admittedly i missed over half of it but what i saw of it was brilliant even the missus who hates that kind of stuff enjoyed it ...

amazing how he kept going for years in the ring with the injuries he had ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hipster blather alert!

Seriously, why do people make records and NOT include lyrics on the cover? For CDs I can kind of understand, but LPs - it's just mean. Weren't these people ever music lovers? A lot of modern records are made in much higher quality than they used to be, for a smaller but more discerning audience. They make the records heavier, they usually have double gatefold style covers and yet they STILL don't have have lyrics included! Bizarre and frustrating.

And now I'm building up a little collection in France again, not wasting nearly as much time as I used to in record shops but if I see something along the way, I pick it up. I get a little buzz if my kids show interest in my records like I used to all those years ago, try to be patient as they drag the needle across the vinyl and maybe this will Kindle their love for music as it did mine.

I go to opp shops (charity stores) to buy vinyl. I like the treasure hunt more than anything but you get killer stuff, I have found a few jazz records worth huge money for a few bucks and heaps of classic stuff. Occasionally you get a mother lode in one spot but it's not as much fun as finding a gem in the wild. I went to one opp shop recently and they had TNT by AC-DC for $150, they are wising up to their value. Paris flea markets actually had some good vinyl too but a bit of a distance I guess.

Get a good turn table too, you'll kill the records on a portable, Rega do a good cheaper one. If you need some one this end to sort out the pick up and postage of your records send us a PM, I can't guarantee I won't get attached though.

I go to opp shops (charity stores) to buy vinyl. I like the treasure hunt more than anything but you get killer stuff, I have found a few jazz records worth huge money for a few bucks and heaps of classic stuff. Occasionally you get a mother lode in one spot but it's not as much fun as finding a gem in the wild. I went to one opp shop recently and they had TNT by AC-DC for $150, they are wising up to their value. Paris flea markets actually had some good vinyl too but a bit of a distance I guess.

Get a good turn table too, you'll kill the records on a portable, Rega do a good cheaper one. If you need some one this end to sort out the pick up and postage of your records send us a PM, I can't guarantee I won't get attached though.
Have every AC-DC album in vinyl twice (Bon Scott)

Why does irregardless and regardless mean the same thing?
And why does flammable and inflammable mean the same thing.
And if I something can be regular or irregular, why isn't ritable the opposite of irritable?

View attachment 1015422

Irregardless is not actually a word.

The flammable /inflammable thing is just weird - that’s English for you.

View attachment 1015362
It was awesome 20+ years ago, I'm not ashamed to say I still love The Undertakers gimmick and his entrance to the ring has always been one that I enjoy. When I was a kid I thought it was sooo awesome that he came from a place called "Death Valley"

Irregardless is not actually a word.

The flammable /inflammable thing is just weird - that’s English for you.
Here's one for you:

Does "Deceptively old" mean older than you'd expect or younger than you'd expect?

The answer to this is deceptively equivocal. Or not.

Here's one for you:

Does "Deceptively old" mean older than you'd expect or younger than you'd expect?

The answer to this is deceptively equivocal. Or not.

Looks older than he actually is ie younger than you’d expect 🤔

View attachment 1015362

Has The Undertaker done something recently? I saw this post earlier and I had a look on Youtube and saw he was in the latest Hot Ones episode:

For anyone who hasn't seen that show, it's a pretty great interview that takes place over the eating of very spicy chicken wings. A popular episode lately was the Paul Rudd one, worth a watch if anyone is bored. He didn't want to ruin the interview by shilling for his latest TV show (or movie?), so it was a pretty great interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back