The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I odnt know bro, MPJ is pretty unique, sure his injury history is a worry but the Bulls had nothing to lose. We're stuck in no man's land, we should have taken a risk with MPJ rather than the safe option which was WCJ.

He's 6'10 and can handle the ball and shoot he lights out. Has all the tools to be a star and was becoming a big contributor for Denver in the bubble and playoffs. Meanwhile WCJ averages 10 and 8 with 1 block a game. You can get that from plenty of players.

Im not hating on WCJ either, hopefully we see more from him under an actual capable coach, I just think we should have drafted MPJ.

MPJ was literally a ball stopper for them who wanted more shots, he's a good scorer but that's it.

Again WCJ played to system Boylen put in place which severely impacted him, the dude has way more potential than you're giving him.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
MPJ was literally a ball stopper for them who wanted more shots, he's a good scorer but that's it.

Again WCJ played to system Boylen put in place which severely impacted him, the dude has way more potential than you're giving him.
I dont know bro. He cant shoot. So he's just your pick n roll guy. Good for lobs. Rebounder, block some shots. Run of the mill big.

MPJ could be anything.

cAsEy_18

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 13, 2007
Frankston
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Yankees, Chelseas, YCW.
The whole big man thing is a key debate for us.
Do we choose Carter Jr? Do we choose Markkanen?
Do we think they can work as a combination?

I actually think they pair quite nicely together. But are they each both only “eh, decent” players...and therefore do you really want that as our 4/5 combination moving forward?

Im more interested to see what a decent coach gets out of Markkanen than Carter Jr.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Markkanen hits RFA after this season and I'd be wary committing big money to a guy that has shown little to no improvement since entering the league and has no standout skills.

I'd honestly try see if the Bulls could somehow sucker the Wizards into a sign and trade for Davis Bertans so they don't lose him for nothing.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I'd be looking to trade Lauri before his value is zero
Putting lauri and a few firsts together for Beal would be my preference. I just don’t see WCJ and Lauri co-existing. Both are better as PF’s. Wendell seems to have added a shot over the offseason so that is intriguing.

With Donovan & now Temple, who Beal is incredibly close to, we have positioned ourselves alright for a run at him. Can he work with Lavine in the back court?

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Putting lauri and a few firsts together for Beal would be my preference. I just don’t see WCJ and Lauri co-existing. Both are better as PF’s. Wendell seems to have added a shot over the offseason so that is intriguing.

With Donovan & now Temple, who Beal is incredibly close to, we have positioned ourselves alright for a run at him. Can he work with Lavine in the back court?

Wendell is a C and nothing but a C, both he and Lauri fit together fine if Lauri can actually hit shots.

Wendell does nothing for me. An ok big who does nothing special whereas MPJ could be an all star. That draft is the perfect example of why we never went anywhere under the last regime. Safe and boring.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Markkanen hits RFA after this season and I'd be wary committing big money to a guy that has shown little to no improvement since entering the league and has no standout skills.

I'd honestly try see if the Bulls could somehow sucker the Wizards into a sign and trade for Davis Bertans so they don't lose him for nothing.
Agreed I know it's only pre-season but seriously Markkanen one and only weapon is shooting and he can't even do this. i'd be freeing up cap. and along with Otto porter ( who i actually do rate ) we can actually bring in a decent FA. move Coby back to SG. and we might actually be half decent

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Lol, no talk of mini Kawhi?

The real #1 of this draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on our season so far?

6- 8 Best start in 4 years. (Sad but true lol)

Lavine is balling, just needs help.

Temple being that quintessential glue guy, good pickup IMO.

Lauri showing some form, just need him to keep doing it.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Thoughts on our season so far?

6- 8 Best start in 4 years. (Sad but true lol)

Lavine is balling, just needs help.

Temple being that quintessential glue guy, good pickup IMO.

Lauri showing some form, just need him to keep doing it.

I would keep the kids together and focus draft.

Lavine.
Markk.
Williams.
Coby.
WCJ.

Etc

Last edited:

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Move on from Lauri for Lonzo. We play better without him.
Agree. If we can turn Lauri into Lonzo and then swap a few other pieces around behind the scenes, we'll be in a great spot. Pels have interest in Gafford so incorporating him into the deal and trying to swing it so we include Hayes would be incredible.

domin8tors

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Move on from Lauri for Lonzo. We play better without him.
yeah agreed and with the experience of Young when his on court is benefiting the young core a lot more. i'm pleasently surprised on where we are at. we had 2 games lost by buzzer 3 pointers. and chocked big 4th qtr leads in i think 3-4 games. had we won say 3 of those mentioned 6 we would be sitting 4th in the east

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Vucevic let's ******* go!!! All Star center baby!! Got the dead weight of WCJ and Porter outta here.

Gimme Lonzo and I'm all the way there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back