80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

Driving....not great, long irons...not great. Short iron approaches incredible. Short game good. Front nine...nine over with a birdie. Back nine 1 under with 3 birdies (also missed a 3 foot putt for birdie). Roller coaster ride that I wont forget for a while. No shanks phew.
More importantly, did you get the win?

Am playing Portsea and Eagle Ridge next week for the first time, big step up from my usual courses, honestly I'll be happy if I break 110 from 18.

Any course tips?

Play the conditions
Keep ball in play
Play the %s
Keep the ball away from danger
When putting work on speed and length.

I'm locked in for both, interesting its got bad reviews here! On the website gallery it looks beautiful.

I played it earlier this year and enjoyed it. Course was in great condition and had some challenging holes. Calling it a tip is extreme and undeserved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a quick 9 yesterday and it really proved that putts inside 10ft are everything. I was 4 over after 5. Needed one birdie to make handicap. 6th hole par 5 had a 6ft birdie putt across the slope, hit the hole and missed. 7th had a 5ft birdie putt and missed. 8th maybe 15ft down hill and missed. 9th par 5 smashed a tee shot slightly down wind ended up with a 10 footer up hill and drained it for birdie. Made 18 points. But geez, 'IF' raises its head again. Practice your putts inside 10ft people!

Only got 10 holes in at Cape Schanck before the storm hit. 10 over which included a 7 on a par 3

Will be playing Portsea, St Andrews Beach and The Dunes and maybe one of the Moonah courses over the next few days and will try and play the course i like the best Friday.

Which is the easier course to play in the strong wind that is likely to occur tomorrow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back